2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

7 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Messing around on Capfriendly.

The Flames can do the Panarin deal as well as Tkachuk (10.25) and Mang (5.5).

They'd need to trade Lucic. Kylington would need to be moved and maybe Dube if they can't find a taker for Monahan. 

Ya no matter what, Monahan has to go.  Under no scenario that's good can we afford to keep him at that cap hit.  Lucic 4th line LW is a luxury we cannot afford too.  

If there's a way to move Lucic to keep Zadorov then that's my preferred route.

20 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Messing around on Capfriendly.

The Flames can do the Panarin deal as well as Tkachuk (10.25) and Mang (5.5).

They'd need to trade Lucic. Kylington would need to be moved and maybe Dube if they can't find a taker for Monahan. 

after Nicushkin got 6.5 Im a little worried about Mang

Just now, tmac70 said:

Now we can confirm its not about the money. Hey loved the littel bastard wish him well, this 100% puts a huge wrinkle into the sheets. 

When it's all said and done, I think the Flames will have gotten the best 8yrs of Gaudreau's career. 

Really disappointing and now the Flames have a lot of questions to answer. 

20 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

When it's all said and done, I think the Flames will have gotten the best 8yrs of Gaudreau's career. 

Really disappointing and now the Flames have a lot of questions to answer. 

Ya I wish Gaudreau would've told us a week ago because I truly believe we would have traded Tkachuk to NJ for the 2OA+ and next season looking to draft top 10 (and multiple times in the first round) in a very deep draft year.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Ya no matter what, Monahan has to go.  Under no scenario that's good can we afford to keep him at that cap hit.  Lucic 4th line LW is a luxury we cannot afford too.  

If there's a way to move Lucic to keep Zadorov then that's my preferred route.

Well, scrap all those plans now.  Might as well keep Lucic and Monahan to stay above the cap floor while we sell everything.

8 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Well, scrap all those plans now.  Might as well keep Lucic and Monahan to stay above the cap floor while we sell everything.

He was gone either way..said he would leave if Johnny left , but if he had stayed we couldn't have afforded him 

12 hours ago, conundrumed said:

There are a few interesting names that could fill the bottom of a roster. Mitchell Stephens wasn't qualified by Detroit and he's a fast, hardworking C but missed a chunk of last year to injury.

you need to become a scout or Hash Rate GM!

I’m pretty shocked. Was definitely in the camp he’d stay but good luck to him. He’s earned this and I can’t imagine it was an easy call because I do think even be recognized flames were offering everything they could/he wanted except the area code. 

Organizationally though it’s time to take a long deep look. Letting a player like this walk for nothing is the biggest organizational failure since they hired Feaster. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I’m pretty shocked. Was definitely in the camp he’d stay but good luck to him. He’s earned this and I can’t imagine it was an easy call because I do think even be recognized flames were offering everything they could/he wanted except the area code. 

Organizationally though it’s time to take a long deep look. Letting a player like this walk for nothing is the biggest organizational failure since they hired Feaster. 

Thank you.  Someone had to say this and I was hoping it didn't have to be me.

8 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I have a feeling they won't be so accommodating with Tkachuk. More like here's your offer or here's your trade.

I really think the Flames are going to throw a pile of money at Kadri tomorrow. 

The Flames need to move Lucic and Monahan, but they could look something like this

Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk

Burakovsky-Kadri-Toffoli

Dube-Backlund-Coleman

Pelletier-Ruzicka-Duehr

Burakovsky is very good friends with Andersson, that could help the Flames. 

Brady Tkachuk signed long-term with Ottawa, nobody thought that would happen. If the Flames dangle the captaincy, I think that would really interest Matthew in sticking around. 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

For sure.  Panic/revenge signing.  $10.5-mil x 7-years.  It will be the third biggest franchise mistake of all time.

I think it will be in the 8m x7 range.

BT has to do it I think. Show Tkachuk they still expect to win. I also think he really needs to make the playoffs, especially after losing Johnny.

I agree it will be a mistake, but BT has been here since 2014, he won't be the GM by the time the Kadri deal really hurts. 

18 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I really think the Flames are going to throw a pile of money at Kadri tomorrow. 

The Flames need to move Lucic and Monahan, but they could look something like this

Mangiapane-Lindholm-Tkachuk

Burakovsky-Kadri-Toffoli

Dube-Backlund-Coleman

Pelletier-Ruzicka-Duehr

Burakovsky is very good friends with Andersson, that could help the Flames. 

Brady Tkachuk signed long-term with Ottawa, nobody thought that would happen. If the Flames dangle the captaincy, I think that would really interest Matthew in sticking around. 

Frankly that first line sucks.

Mange will pot some goals, but the others will be less likely to score close to 40.

It is what it is.  We lost the best playmaker on the market.

Might as well look for players that can pass for a top line.

I'm not against Kadri, since he adds something we didn't have in the top 6.

But simply bumping up Mange doesn't do anything.

We may need to seriosly consider trading Tkachuk now.

He's seen the potential money going to JH.

We need to get two players back in a trade.

I would take Thomas and Tarasenko no money retained.

Then we can worry about something in FA with the money left.

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He only Richard-ed us out of any trade for his rights.

I suspect you were being sarcastic though.  LOL.

Like a child holding a secret....don't tell it until you're forced to.

Better than $11x8 at any rate. Now he can get back to 80pts and constantly whining at the refs.