Playoffs GDT - Oilers @ FLAMES - Fri 20 May 2022

rocketdoctor

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Typical Kane talking trash through the media and not his play....

Evander Kane, on the Flames being physical with Connor McDavid "If they're going to go after our top guys, we're going to go after their top guys."

To me its shots fired by Kane. Like I mentioned before , Kane, Dry Saddle, Kassian, Smith and Nurse or easily rattled. Crash the net,with in the rules, toss some good forechecks in along with some stuff face washes after the whitsle, some key big hits on Mc Baby, key on Nurse and Dry Saddle who are injuried. WHen the Flames win this game it will have the Coilers in a huge downward spiral. We stay the course play physical North and South Hockey Physcal with puck possesion and we will be fine. Kanes comment is that of a idiot trying to create attetion or the game inside the game, its a gamble for Kane, we all know how good he is in that. This game will be different than the last game and will be intense for about 10 minutes of the 1st. Get the first goal and what the Satoshi Nakamoto unravel on hte Coilers bench. The physical stuff would be great to watch Looch take out Kane, or Nurse off the ice, great trade off for us. Kassian is just a waste of air

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

To me its shots fired by Kane. Like I mentioned before , Kane, Dry Saddle, Kassian, Smith and Nurse or easily rattled. Crash the net,with in the rules, toss some good forechecks in along with some stuff face washes after the whitsle, some key big hits on Mc Baby, key on Nurse and Dry Saddle who are injuried. WHen the Flames win this game it will have the Coilers in a huge downward spiral. We stay the course play physical North and South Hockey Physcal with puck possesion and we will be fine. Kanes comment is that of a idiot trying to create attetion or the game inside the game, its a gamble for Kane, we all know how good he is in that. This game will be different than the last game and will be intense for about 10 minutes of the 1st. Get the first goal and what the Satoshi Nakamoto unravel on hte Coilers bench. The physical stuff would be great to watch Looch take out Kane, or Nurse off the ice, great trade off for us. Kassian is just a waste of air

Kane can handle himself, but won't engage unless it's cheap shots when the other guy is tied up.

He knows he loses those fights against the guys we would send in after him.

He can pretend that they will target our guys, but where was that in a blowout game?

Exactly.

Namestnikov targeted Gaudreau in game 4 and that game was the turning point for the Flames.

We win off a Gaudreau breakaway, with the PS being the game winner.

Go on to win the next game.

You can talk crap all you like, but it ain't scaring the Flames.

Expect the same amount of hits on McD.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

That was easy?  I thought it was a test that we had to come back out and keep the tempo up.

The only thing easy was that EDM was a mess, brought on by the relentless attack.

I am just choosing to put previous season in the rear view.

This year was never about having an easy game and getting ahead of ourselves.

I would suggest that we played the season start to finish the same way.

Wasn't always the results we wanted, but 54 games scoring first really says something.

Being a road warrior and learning to turn the Dome into a den of horrors.

The schedule wasn't kind to us.  Plenty of reasons to mail it in.  We were never so full of ourselves to come out flat.

Just my opinion and I'm not picking on you.  Past is past.

Dallas may have done some things to change the course of the series, but we were not 100% in the right mind.

There was more reasons for fights in the BOA, but we never got sucked into it.

We played the game that Dallas wouldn't let us do for 7 games.

Go ahead, start something.  We are ready.

Not even a pushback when it was out of reach.

but we saw it this year too at times. When I called it out I was told it’s a different year. Just saying it’s a caution… 

10 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

but we saw it this year too at times. When I called it out I was told it’s a different year. Just saying it’s a caution… 

Maybe, and you certainly have a right to express it.  

I'm just not buying into the idea that the Flames follow up a perceived easy game with a stinker because we took them lightly.

Ebbs and flows of a season.  Schedule nightmares.  Travel schedules.  

No game is guaranteed, and that's the nice thing about the modern NHL. 

My reasons for pointing this out is there were many things I would call a schedule loss that we gutted out for a win.

15 B2B sets, where some teams had less than 8.

3 games on the road in 4 nights to finish the season on the last night.

We laid an egg against Dallas, not that we came off a easy win and didn't take em seriously or bought into the hype.

Focus on the wrong stuff and you can do that I guess.

The media likes to distract attention away from hockey and turn it into stories.

Like Kane's comments.

Or the Kassian affair.

Or the Doubty stuff.

Or the Benn comments.

Yet another great job on the GDT RocDoc...   Thanks for putting it together...   +1's...   Image result for Beer Clinking Emoji

Looking forward to this game tonight, it should be a barn burner...   I expect that we will see less goals, but a hard fought game....

McDoofus is a cheap shot artist and a wussy...   He has talent, but no class...   He just starts trouble, bites off more than he can chew, and stands there waiting for help...

Kane is all mouth...   He tried to make it look like he was a tough guy with Looch, but then he just hid behind the ref...   I could go on, but you all saw the same things...

Like the old saying goes...   The Coilers are all hat, and no cattle...

GOFLAMES!!!

Image result for Calgary Flames Logo

• Like 1

What kane did was just what he had planed worked I think I had seen Mr T or Bennett do that a couple of times and laugh all the way to the bench. I hope Kanes mouth gets him in trouble to night Looooch will pretend to go with him and skate away with a big smile on his face. Kane is a perfick candidate for a 2 game suspension Looch will piss him off and Kane will fall for it.  Prediction on Game tonight any one ?

51 minutes ago, zima said:

What kane did was just what he had planed worked I think I had seen Mr T or Bennett do that a couple of times and laugh all the way to the bench. I hope Kanes mouth gets him in trouble to night Looooch will pretend to go with him and skate away with a big smile on his face. Kane is a perfick candidate for a 2 game suspension Looch will piss him off and Kane will fall for it.  Prediction on Game tonight any one ?

Kane and the Oilers are just hoping the emotion of this series draw the Flames into the penalty box. They can’t play with us 5 on 5. Woodcroft himself said his confidence was based off of them scoring “6 goals, 5 on 5 , on their goalie at home..” Even his as$ didn’t believe the Oilers could score without them being on a PP…Oilers will play smarter tonight but they’ll still get out worked. 

1 hour ago, rickross said:

Kane and the Oilers are just hoping the emotion of this series draw the Flames into the penalty box. They can’t play with us 5 on 5. Woodcroft himself said his confidence was based off of them scoring “6 goals, 5 on 5 , on their goalie at home..” Even his as$ didn’t believe the Oilers could score without them being on a PP…Oilers will play smarter tonight but they’ll still get out worked. 

Sideshow, just like all the other stuff coming out of his mouth.

Tkachuk chirped him as did Backlund.

Backlund pointed to his chin and said, come on.

Oilers loading up one line...again.

Kane with the refs holding him back will dish out punishment.

I laugh at the talk.

McDavid 4 points, a career best.

Meanwhile, Tkachuk had a hatty, Gaudreau, Ras and Mangiapane with 3 points.

But, focus on the player that had one goal and lost.

We get it.