Playoffs GDT Stars @ FLAMES - Game 5 - Wednesday 11 May 2022

rocketdoctor

That’s a heck of an answer. I’m not sure previous versions of this team would have been capable of that. 

Stars make a mistake they capitalize and then stepped on their throats. Exactly what you want. Very impressive 

25 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Lou, between your jersey and mine, we are unbeatable.

Keep the trend going.

Mine is off now to give it a rest.

Yep! Will do! Got mine resting too, waiting for showtime on Friday!!

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Flames 3 Stars: 1. Mikael Backlund 2. Andrew Mangiapane 3. Blake Coleman

I get your Markstrom comment, however, here we are once again - the hockey Gods pointing out that this trio should remain TOGETHER. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that these 3 players are the 3 stars. I shared a graphic before the start of the playoffs saying that these 3 players together are a top 10 line in the league when it comes to fancy stats. 

We all see that offense doesn’t come easy for Backlund - but when he’s out there with Mange and Coleman, they produce offensively. Twice tonight! Let’em play together!!

• Like 1

What a game.  It felt like it was going to be a 1-0 loss and the Flames didn't really have anything going.  Seemed discouraged.  Then suddenly out of nowhere, Mange finds Backlund.  Secondary scoring gets it done today.  The Mange-Backs-Coleman line has gotten it done all season.  Great to see them back together.

Markstrom was great at key moments and that was the difference.

This is turning into the type of series I thought it would be.  Two great defensive teams but the Stars don't have scoring while the Flames do.