GDT - FLAMES @ Predators - Tues 19 April 2022

rocketdoctor

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Ya, it’s hard to win when there are two sets of rules.

The Tkachuk call I get, since they pick one guy a lot of times.

However, that's after a number of scrums, not the first one.

Two calls against Zaddy, one was a weak hook, the other was a makeup to the fans.

No way a hit like that should be called.

The Mange penalty was a hockey play, not a hit.

The OT call was so late, like they looked for the chance to make one.

The player that came off was not in the play.

Moving on.

1 point in a B2B with extra travel?

I will take it.

Magic number can be achieved simply though an Oilers loss tomorrow in regulation.

50 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So do we want to play the Preds round 1?

tough call. Looks like they could be a handful in a 7 gamer. Saros  looked good. But we were also on a back to back. Could things have been different if Markstrom was in net? 

if reffing is the same…. image.png.0d10aa6c9561ac06f0485d7c296acf68.png

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

tough call. Looks like they could be a handful in a 7 gamer. Saros  looked good. But we were also on a back to back. Could things have been different if Markstrom was in net? 

if reffing is the same…. image.png.0d10aa6c9561ac06f0485d7c296acf68.png

Saros looks unbeatable. 

Josi dominates for 30-minutes a game in the playoffs.

Their forwards are grindy, sandpaper, and built for the playoffs.  Not fun to deal with.

I don't know.  I just feel if a team is going to beat us in the playoffs then it will be a team with a stud G who makes our secondary scorers disappear.

Oettinger + Heiskanen is not much funner by any means of course.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

So do we want to play the Preds round 1?

Well, we were on a B2B, they were fully rested.

We would start at home.

Goaltending is similar, but they need to run their guy to ensure a playoff visit.

They have less skill at F, but a better scoring D-man.

He was a non-factor today.

We had 2.5 PP's to their 4.5 PP's.

Many of the calls on us would never be called in playoffs.

But anyway, as a matchup, NAS or LA are the more even teams to face.

Dallas is anything but predictable.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Well, we were on a B2B, they were fully rested.

We would start at home.

Goaltending is similar, but they need to run their guy to ensure a playoff visit.

They have less skill at F, but a better scoring D-man.

He was a non-factor today.

We had 2.5 PP's to their 4.5 PP's.

Many of the calls on us would never be called in playoffs.

But anyway, as a matchup, NAS or LA are the more even teams to face.

Dallas is anything but predictable.

im not so sure that the calls would change against us because for whatever reason they call on us whenever they get the chance. 

7 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Saros looks unbeatable. 

Josi dominates for 30-minutes a game in the playoffs.

Their forwards are grindy, sandpaper, and built for the playoffs.  Not fun to deal with.

I don't know.  I just feel if a team is going to beat us in the playoffs then it will be a team with a stud G who makes our secondary scorers disappear.

Oettinger + Heiskanen is not much funner by any means of course.

What are you talking about? As many went past Saros as Vladar.  

Marky is the closest to a  stud G in the entire west, keep the "gritty" forwards on any team in check and the rest should fall into place. Flames are as built for the playoffs as any.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

What are you talking about? As many went past Saros as Vladar.  

Marky is the closest to a  stud G in the entire west, keep the "gritty" forwards on any team in check and the rest should fall into place. Flames are as built for the playoffs as any.

I think peeps has become a very important cheerleader for us. He has come to the realization that whatever he says, the opposite happens. So he's running with it.

Keep up the solid work peeps!

Hits were 41-40 last night. I watched the Nashville feed and they said they played their best, most desperate hockey last night. lol

If that's it, bring 'em on. No 3-3 or S/O in the playoffs, and we're still hiding components, they're not.

I only caught the 3rd period. However if that was the Preds best game of the year than if we match up with them it should be a good series. I thought even in the 3rd we played at best a C- game and no where near at the top of what we can. As someone metnioned, it doesn't matter who we play, your going to have to play good hockey, close checking and create some lucky breaks if you want to take a long run. Once your in need 16 wins to take home the cup. IMHO Sutter will beating into their heads of play off hockey, games such as these are just templates to get you ready for the mountain your about to climb. 

As Sutter would suggest, you only need a 16-12-0 record to win the cup.

Get down 2-0 in a game and battle back.

We scored 2 in the greasy areas.

No Bettman points in the playoffs.

On a side note, I don't think we got a lot of quality chances against Saros.

A couple of odd-man rushes with no pass used, one breakaway.

Gaudreau was uncharacteristic in his breakaway and shoot out attempts.

Keeping his best options hidden, but we won't get a lot of chances like that in the playoffs.

Mangiapane continues to show why he is a good playoff scorer.

Depending on the opponent, I like the Ruzie option available.

Ritchie is a regular season guy that you need in case crap starts.

Playoffs is a different beast.

Scores don’t really concern me right now I think what I’m looking for is can the flames find that stingy defensive game they had earlier in the season and went away from the last month or so. Can they get that back up and down their lineup. 

been pretty good since the Vegas game so that is promising and something to keep building on towards the playoffs. 

• Like 1

I like the matchup against the preds. Like others have said, “if that’s the preds best game, we’ll be fine, because that was our B game at best, closer to our C game”.

I do think they will increase the physicality in the playoffs, and I firmly believe that Looch and Zaddy, Maybe Guddy need to set that tone early to let them know them coming hard to the crease will not be tolerated. I said it yesterday, and it probably wasn’t the game for it, but Zaddy needs to tune in Jeanot early. 
We also need our d to take some more liberties with guys like Forsberg and Duchene, with the way they were hacking at Johnny and Chucky. 
I also am coming around on the Dube-Coles-Calle line, that’s gonna be a great 3rd line. Speedy, high energy line.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think peeps has become a very important cheerleader for us. He has come to the realization that whatever he says, the opposite happens. So he's running with it.

Keep up the solid work peeps!

Hits were 41-40 last night. I watched the Nashville feed and they said they played their best, most desperate hockey last night. lol

If that's it, bring 'em on. No 3-3 or S/O in the playoffs, and we're still hiding components, they're not.

So you got to enjoy their non-partial take on all the rough play and missed calls on the Flames then.