GDT - FLAMES @ Predators - Tues 19 April 2022

rocketdoctor

21 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

So you got to enjoy their non-partial take on all the rough play and missed calls on the Flames then.

Oh yeah, without question. The Flames feed wasn't a very good quality feed. I don't really get hung up on reffing much.

I've come to expect that it's sketchy. Homer announcers are fun too. It's always Heroes vs Villains.

I'm used to TBay and Bruins feeds.lol Even my Bruins buddies hate their announcers.

Detroit's are best to me. They neither bash their team nor the opposition. Ol' Mickey Redmond is just excited for everyone on the ice. And they have great guests joining them in the booth for the action and stories.

They keep it light and don't dissect every moment so seriously. It's fun and refreshing. Class of the league.

Lidstrom was on for a Flames game last year. "So Nik, how would you contain Johnny Gaudreau"? Nik: "By praying probably" and they all laughed.

They literally open with, "Johnny Gaudreau's in town and we never get to see him, what a treat for Wings fans".

That's generally how they treat Western teams. "Yay, we get to see *fill in the blank*

It's great. As is going to games at the Joe and LCA.

All hockey fans, and not being belligerent about it, as opposed to, say, every CDN team's fans that play each other.

Such a funner, respectful environment. Only the refs are worth hating.lol

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think peeps has become a very important cheerleader for us. He has come to the realization that whatever he says, the opposite happens. So he's running with it.

Keep up the solid work peeps!

Hits were 41-40 last night. I watched the Nashville feed and they said they played their best, most desperate hockey last night. lol

If that's it, bring 'em on. No 3-3 or S/O in the playoffs, and we're still hiding components, they're not.

i am the same! Whenever I cheer to win, we lose. I should just be banned as a flames fan. I need to be  Polar Opposites …

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

Scores don’t really concern me right now I think what I’m looking for is can the flames find that stingy defensive game they had earlier in the season and went away from the last month or so. Can they get that back up and down their lineup. 

been pretty good since the Vegas game so that is promising and something to keep building on towards the playoffs. 

its how I feel too. It’s what I basically means when I say they’re not playing to what they’re capable of. That smothering D they played mid season was awe inspiring…

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

i am the same! Whenever I cheer to win, we lose. I should just be banned as a flames fan. I need to be  Polar Opposites …

I was thinking about you too doublerob, for what it's worth. It makes a person no less a fan. More nervous perhaps, but that's a whole other thing.lol

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think peeps has become a very important cheerleader for us. He has come to the realization that whatever he says, the opposite happens. So he's running with it.

Keep up the solid work peeps!

Hits were 41-40 last night. I watched the Nashville feed and they said they played their best, most desperate hockey last night. lol

If that's it, bring 'em on. No 3-3 or S/O in the playoffs, and we're still hiding components, they're not.

As long as one individual doesn't flip, maybe we can be okay

After game 1 vs. Colorado

16 minutes ago, sak22 said:

As long as one individual doesn't flip, maybe we can be okay

After game 1 vs. Colorado

Well, I think JJ pulled the plug.  His profile now has the Screen name Connor.FutureGM.  Many will remember the original guy that used to come on here and post.  Sort of the ignorant male version of Anie, who was a true Alberta fan of hockey, just for the wrong team.

27 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

its how I feel too. It’s what I basically means when I say they’re not playing to what they’re capable of. That smothering D they played mid season was awe inspiring…

Don't worry too much about it.  We are coming off the worst 3 months of hockey scheduling you could imagine.  Not to say we are the only ones, but we were supposed to have 4 days off, but instead got a B2B shoved in the middle if the 2nd last week.  The months of February and March were jam packed with B2B's and hockey with barely 2 days between.

The playoffs will be a breath of fresh air.  Play one, day off, play one, 2 days off.....The boys will be fresh.  One team to worry about.

54 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Don't worry too much about it.  We are coming off the worst 3 months of hockey scheduling you could imagine.  Not to say we are the only ones, but we were supposed to have 4 days off, but instead got a B2B shoved in the middle if the 2nd last week.  The months of February and March were jam packed with B2B's and hockey with barely 2 days between.

The playoffs will be a breath of fresh air.  Play one, day off, play one, 2 days off.....The boys will be fresh.  One team to worry about.

one team at a time! One game at a time!

14 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Well, I think JJ pulled the plug.  His profile now has the Screen name Connor.FutureGM.  Many will remember the original guy that used to come on here and post.  Sort of the ignorant male version of Anie, who was a true Alberta fan of hockey, just for the wrong team.

Connor was hilarious. Biggest Oilers homer ever x 1,000.

JJ will be back. And I'll be the first to welcome him. I miss his posts, personally. If we all agreed this place would be boring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Connor was hilarious. Biggest Oilers homer ever x 1,000.

JJ will be back. And I'll be the first to welcome him. I miss his posts, personally. If we all agreed this place would be boring.

I think he changed his screen name just to be funny.  I can understand why he got ticked off, but it doesn't or shouldn't change his opinions.  We lost enough people due to the website change, so people leaving on their own is as bad.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I think he changed his screen name just to be funny.  I can understand why he got ticked off, but it doesn't or shouldn't change his opinions.  We lost enough people due to the website change, so people leaving on their own is as bad.

Some people only come to complain, for some reason this is the negativity board and there really isn't much discussion about anything else even when more people were around.  

17 hours ago, travel_dude said:

JJ will be back when he can dump on Tre and say told you so!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Speaking of which, any Hanifin news? I've seen him listed as day-to-day.

I didn't see anything from the game day skate to suggest that.  Steinberg usually on top of those things.  Projected lines from him via daily faceoff have him playing.