Senators @ FLAMES - Thursday 13 January 2022

rocketdoctor

Caught up to the live feed. This is the team that shows up after rest and practice? This game was the perfect opportunity to come out and look like how the Panthers looked against us. But we’re Slow. Stupid. Sloppy. I waited all week for this. What a poor showing so far. I’m not entertained and find myself paying more attention to my kids than the game. What’s the world coming to when that happens? 

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Have we won any games in the last two months with Cassie doing the call?

Pretty intresting coincidence, but we can probably say the same thing when we were winning. i have, however, been tuning into the away feeds lately. She’s just not what I want to hear during a hockey game. 

1 minute ago, LouCifer said:

Pretty intresting coincidence, but we can probably say the same thing when we were winning. i have, however, been tuning into the away feeds lately. She’s just not what I want to hear during a hockey game. 

I have nothing against her.  I just fnd the call boring.

Don't necessariry agree with her observations except the Captain Obvious ones.

11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I have nothing against her.  I just fnd the call boring.

Don't necessariry agree with her observations except the Captain Obvious ones.

Me neither. I find her boring as well and don’t feel like she adds anything exciting. 

lucky goal. 

Just now, travel_dude said:

Idiot pass Matt

Yep. 

but the pass alone is a microcosm of how out of sync the team is as a whole. Yes, I know Chucky blindly throws back passes all the time, but this team looks like they’re playing their first game together tonight. Markstrom included. No cohesion whatsoever. 

Unacceptable.

I know Murray had to win one eventually, but you can't come into a game against a basement dweller and hand their goalie his first win after dropping 3 straight on the road.

Starting to hate the Senators tbh.

Can't imagine Sutter is too happy, and they have until Tuesday to stew on it.

This club has been a hot mess for awhile. It is easy to play agaisnt the Flames they can't play uptempo hockey. The minute a club takes time and space from them consider it a loss. Can someone also tell me when was the last time Backlund hit the net, or someone has one a key faceoff. To lose agaisnt a Satoshi Nakamoto team like this si 100% unacceptable. If I am Sutter I would be fricking lossing my Satoshi Nakamoto tonight, play with pace is far from what this cliub does. For a club with that much practice time and rest it sure looks like they have lost a step. The Satoshi Nakamoto that drives me absoultly insane is the lack of F$&king compete. When a 34 yr 4th liner is your best player you have issues. Lastly if Maskstrom would play as good as he chirps he should things could be different as well. 

6 hours ago, pikey7883 said:

Don’t bother catching up to the game tomorrow @rocketdoctorits not worth it, move on to the next. And Edmonton didn’t even get Kane today, sigh. 

Luckily for me windows updated itself and rebooted and logigng on to game over 4-1.

saved myself some heartache.

What is it with us and Ottawa?

1 minute ago, rocketdoctor said:

Luckily for me windows updated itself and rebooted and logigng on to game over 4-1.

saved myself some heartache.

What is it with us and Ottawa?

Or a better question is what is with this team and consistency? It’s either all good or all bad stretches?!

9 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Welp, we still have half a season ahead. But the trend of making every team look like the Florida Panthers is getting concerning.

This is a very unforgiving league. "Oh, woe is me" will get you killed.

And here we are. Be resilient.

Go Flames, you've got this thing.

Next up FLA.  Oh, good.

Really, they need to learn how to play when they get the matchups.

How can line matching result in Backlund looking like the worst C out there?

He has dropped so far.

Matty doesn't get the blame for the Formenton breakaway goal; it was a blind pass up the middle.

Ras gets burned, but also Marky looked shaky, since it was a missed shot.

Much like the Svech goal in Carolina.

He has to be better than that, adding in the 1st shot goal.

Gaudreau and Looch were the best out there.

In fact, the 4th line looked good.

Coleman engaged but playing with lesser lights.

Lindholm is invisible; think Matty is getting the touch too often and he has one move - pass to Gaudreau.

Probably the worst game i've watched them play under Sutter. mental mistakes all over the place, bad turnovers, can't get the puck out of the zone, and no transition. They looked like they did under Ward. 

Not sure if this is just a lull/slump or some of them are still feeling effects of COVID. I would be surprised if they weren't. 

Something about Ottawa, but our Tkachuk continually gets outplayed by his brother. This somehow, to me, really shows his inability to step up when things matter. If it were me, I’d play my best games against them. Maybe he’s trying too hard? A lot of the time it doesn’t look like it. 

yeeesh! I was worried about another loss to the Sens. Is it the Sens or our lack of home games to get us momentum at home? 

i dunno. We talk about the amount of games, that they lack practice time. Now they have a break and only workout time. Then they get another break but could have a lot of practice time. Now was that too much practice? Or has the league simply righted itself and now that the games are harder the wins are harder to come by?

i feel games are harder and when games get hard, the goals get hard to come by with this group 

23 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Something about Ottawa, but our Tkachuk continually gets outplayed by his brother. This somehow, to me, really shows his inability to step up when things matter. If it were me, I’d play my best games against them. Maybe he’s trying too hard? A lot of the time it doesn’t look like it. 

yeeesh! I was worried about another loss to the Sens. Is it the Sens or our lack of home games to get us momentum at home? 

i dunno. We talk about the amount of games, that they lack practice time. Now they have a break and only workout time. Then they get another break but could have a lot of practice time. Now was that too much practice? Or has the league simply righted itself and now that the games are harder the wins are harder to come by?

i feel games are harder and when games get hard, the goals get hard to come by with this group 

Think you may be reading too much into this game.

We completly outplayed them the last time.

This was a pisspoor effort with mistakes made like this was game 1 of the season.

Lucic summed it up for this game.

Can't be letting in the first shot, not blaming anyone in particular.

The turnovers can't happen.

The why is much harder to digest.

But I think the COVID impact is unique to our team in the way it happened.

Every player but 2 got it or tested positive, so there was no remaining team to carry on.

Most teams had 5 or 6 and counted on the rest of the team to carry on.

We cancelled, then the NHL cancelled 50% fan games for some stupid reason.

So, while most teams were able to carry on with less regular players and less cancelled games, we had zero players.

We come out of the block slow after stopages.

Oilers game was bad.

SEA and CHI were lucky to play such a bad team.

We have had no flow to games being played.

Regardless, the goalies need to be better if the team is struggling.

The D was bad, but blame the breakout on two goals.

A stupid pass by Tkachuk caued a bad decision by Ras.

But Markstrom needs to stop that.

Essentially it was a weak 5 hole.