Our community and forums

rocketdoctor

On 12/3/2021 at 11:04 AM, robrob74 said:

for me. 

I think I got on by typing the forum myself in the address bar:

fans.flames.nhl.com

and it popped up once it was back and running or after I cleared my caches and cookies.

This is how I get to the forum as well.

But logging in was something else entirely. 

Don't even remember how I got it done just that it had something to do with trying incognito mode on my phone.

May have been other steps but I can't remember 

6 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

This is how I get to the forum as well.

But logging in was something else entirely. 

Don't even remember how I got it done just that it had something to do with trying incognito mode on my phone.

May have been other steps but I can't remember 

i think I deleted all cookies and caches and other stuff. But there may have been other ways too.

Hailing from Toronto, everyone in my family is a leaf fan. There’s no room for any colors other than blue and white. Being a Canadiens fan was punishable by death (ok, not really, but they would not be welcome to family events that coincided with leaf games). It was just a given that you had to be a leafs fan. Well, low and behold little old me wasn’t really into the blue and white. I wanted my own team. And I believe it was 86-87, or 87-88 that I got an o-pee-chee hockey sticker album, and the flames were the first team I completed in my book. That was all it took for me to become a flames fan. I loved the fire, I loved the logo, and a year or two or three later they won the cup! My family - especially my dad - tried everything in the book to get me to like the leafs instead. He still tries actually! He even buys leaf gear for my kids to push them towards the leafs, but my kids like the flames because of my passion for the team. For the record, they can like whatever team they want, I’m not like that, except for TBag Bay. Not under my roof! 😂

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, LouCifer said:

Hailing from Toronto, everyone in my family is a leaf fan. There’s no room for any colors other than blue and white. Being a Canadiens fan was punishable by death (ok, not really, but they would not be welcome to family events that coincided with leaf games). It was just a given that you had to be a leafs fan. Well, low and behold little old me wasn’t really into the blue and white. I wanted my own team. And I believe it was 86-87, or 87-88 that I got an o-pee-chee hockey sticker album, and the flames were the first team I completed in my book. That was all it took for me to become a flames fan. I loved the fire, I loved the logo, and a year or two or three later they won the cup! My family - especially my dad - tried everything in the book to get me to like the leafs instead. He still tries actually! He even buys leaf gear for my kids to push them towards the leafs, but my kids like the flames because of my passion for the team. For the record, they can like whatever team they want, I’m not like that, except for TBag Bay. Not under my roof! 😂

Oh god. We're so alike. My family has this whole other thing going on. They hate the Leafs. Yet, any gathering when we watch the Leafs they end up cheering for them. I call them out constantly. I honestly can't tell if they're doing this reverse osmosis thing. Most have other teams, yet watch the Leafs religiously. By the 2nd period, it's, "c'mon ref, that was a hook on Kase". But they hate the Leafs. I wish I was kidding. It's painful.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Oh god. We're so alike. My family has this whole other thing going on. They hate the Leafs. Yet, any gathering when we watch the Leafs they end up cheering for them. I call them out constantly. I honestly can't tell if they're doing this reverse osmosis thing. Most have other teams, yet watch the Leafs religiously. By the 2nd period, it's, "c'mon ref, that was a hook on Kase". But they hate the Leafs. I wish I was kidding. It's painful.

That’s just the thing about the leafs though isn’t it? It seems like leaf nation just absorbs people into it somehow. It’s mindless! It’s madness! Maybe everyone’s feeling sorry for all these years of disappointment? I don’t know… i think for me it’s just that leaf nation is annoying. 
sparta GIF

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I’m on an iPhone and I can’t see the bell/notifications on my screen on these forums. I will get the black bar pop-up at the bottom but sometimes I’m typing or scrolling and I lose it - so I can’t seem to see quickly if anyones responded to my posts. I’ve tried “request desktop site” option in chrome and I still can’t see the bell icon. Anyone have a solution? 

this may be the case on my iPad as well. Is it an Apple thing? Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

calgaryflames.com/forums     --dead link.  ok

https://fans.flames.nhl.com/community/    - dead link?   but not going to change any of the menu links..

I came THIS close to creating a new Flames forum until @The_People1showed me:

https://community.fans.flames.nhl.com/

Lol.

This...close.

Common guys.  I Dare you to switch it to    https://community.flames.nhl.com/fans

Double dare

19 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Probably won't see me on too much as I rarely visit the site from a computer and 99% visit using my phone, by the message boards no longer work on mobile. I can see the message board but there is no way to sign in on mobile. 

I'm on my phone:)

Just reply, it'll bring up the sign in. Once signed in, save to faves. Open from faves, always signed in.

33 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Confirmed, I was also able to log in from @conundrumed's phone.

Call me old, but I don't like using my phone for surfing.  JTec is obviously good at posting from twitter things he sees.  I use Chrome on a Chromebook to save me from extra steps needed to get into the site.  The only issues I have had is the one we all had plus the security setting that changes about a year ago.  We lost a lot of good men then.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Call me old, but I don't like using my phone for surfing.  JTec is obviously good at posting from twitter things he sees.  I use Chrome on a Chromebook to save me from extra steps needed to get into the site.  The only issues I have had is the one we all had plus the security setting that changes about a year ago.  We lost a lot of good men then.

We are the same here.

I think we are becoming the minority though

19 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

We are the same here.

I think we are becoming the minority though

Don't get me wrong.  I have a tech background, going back to the day of mainframe...

I just don't care enough about instant information to bother using my phone to read and post to the forum.

Besides, I tend to have open at least 4 windows when I do surf.

And I have fat fingers.  LOL

On 2/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, conundrumed said:

I'm on my phone:)

Just reply, it'll bring up the sign in. Once signed in, save to faves. Open from faves, always signed in.

Finally figured out how to log in from a mobile browser, had to click on “Following” at the bottom.

When I tried to reply it didn’t bring up the sign in page.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Finally figured out how to log in from a mobile browser, had to click on “Following” at the bottom.

When I tried to reply it didn’t bring up the sign in page.

Nice. Mine brought up the login on reply. Now if only there was a way to see notifications. For me, it says I have them, but it ends there.

On 2/22/2023 at 5:06 PM, travel_dude said:

Don't get me wrong.  I have a tech background, going back to the day of mainframe...

I just don't care enough about instant information to bother using my phone to read and post to the forum.

Besides, I tend to have open at least 4 windows when I do surf.

And I have fat fingers.  LOL

7cajtj.jpg