Our community and forums

rocketdoctor

I figured out what happened now. 

For a long time the address bar on the internet browser address portion would say, fans.flames.nhl.com. Now it says an error occurred.

When I typed in flames message board in google, it brought me to the write place, but I had to sign in to get to my account. at community.fans.flames.nhl.com

The difference is they added community to the front of the address.

When they change all of that, it ruins our logins and we don't know how or where to find it. 

28 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I figured out what happened now. 

For a long time the address bar on the internet browser address portion would say, fans.flames.nhl.com. Now it says an error occurred.

When I typed in flames message board in google, it brought me to the write place, but I had to sign in to get to my account. at community.fans.flames.nhl.com

The difference is they added community to the front of the address.

When they change all of that, it ruins our logins and we don't know how or where to find it. 

That's odd because I don't think I have changed my bookmark to the site since the Captcha thing.  I don't ever have to log in.  

Just now, travel_dude said:

That's odd because I don't think I have changed my bookmark to the site since the Captcha thing.  I don't ever have to log in.  

I didn't sign on the computer for a month or so, and I got the error. Then I googled the flames fan forum and it brought me to it and it said community in front instead of just fans. Upgrades tend to not work so well when we are all old computer people. Or non computing...

Just now, robrob74 said:

I didn't sign on the computer for a month or so, and I got the error. Then I googled the flames fan forum and it brought me to it and it said community in front instead of just fans. Upgrades tend to not work so well when we are all old computer people. Or non computing...

Sounds like they broke the link by mistake and won't ever fix it.  Used to be able to use both URL's.  Now only one.  I suppose it's cheaper not to have to pay for two on the DNS.  

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

try this.

Go to main Flames page... 1ff14760ae25c429d89adfff78b48acb.png

Then see what happens when you go through the dropdown menu fans/ messageboards.

I suspect your login is direct here and bypasses all that error stuff.

I get in now through a direct link to one of my old GDT's.

7 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

try this.

Go to main Flames page... 1ff14760ae25c429d89adfff78b48acb.png

Then see what happens when you go through the dropdown menu fans/ messageboards.

I suspect your login is direct here and bypasses all that error stuff.

I get in now through a direct link to one of my old GDT's.

Yeah, the drop down link doesn't work.

I have been using the community.... URL.

Kudos to IT. They've made getting here equally as frustrating as the team is.lol

By the time you navigate to here, you're already frustrated so you can fit right in.

It really does give "Flames" a whole other meaning.

If you came here looking for a glimpse of philosophically attaining a true juxtaposition, it'll be disappointing.

What we have here, is Steve Martin being the sadistic dentist, and Bill Murray being the masochist patient.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I suspect this was a hasty change due to Pride Night.

The Blasty night games always went to Dark Mode and there was no impact to GUI.

Regular games the same thing.

This seems like a confused bunch of settings, which has two themes applied at the same time.

Maybe they should put Golf pics on the border now.