7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Yeah, hopefully he has a speedy recovery. 

As someone who has had a few concussions, it isn't something you want to rush. I wouldn't play him on Tuesday and I would have him sit out at least a week. He is someone we will need down the stretch and into the playoffs, so I would be extra careful.

If it was a concussion, he will have to miss about a week.

The speculation seems to be that it was not one.

There has been no player assignment yet today, nor anybody place on waivers.

Considering tomorrow is practice day in Minny (I believe), there isn't a lot of time to make moves.

I think BT is loathe to send down Ruzie.

That means a waiver move at the very least or no players come up.

There's a game tonight for the Heat, so unless somebody is scratched, we see Stone in the short term.

21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If it was a concussion, he will have to miss about a week.

The speculation seems to be that it was not one.

There has been no player assignment yet today, nor anybody place on waivers.

Considering tomorrow is practice day in Minny (I believe), there isn't a lot of time to make moves.

I think BT is loathe to send down Ruzie.

That means a waiver move at the very least or no players come up.

There's a game tonight for the Heat, so unless somebody is scratched, we see Stone in the short term.

Oh it was definitely a concussion. He was pretty wobbly when they got him up.

15 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I went unconcious for about a minute one time due to low blood pressure.

When I came to, I was shaking like a leaf and sweating up a storm.

Couldn't walk steady, so I just sat for about 20 minutes.

Not saying he didn't have one, but I doubt they keep him in the locker room if it was one.

They would send him for tests ASAP.

Maybe Sutter and Tkachuk were downplaying it, but it seemed like he was fine.

That doesn't scream concussion, but I'm no expert.

Wishful thinking maybe.

25 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I described how it was when I jarred some nerves in a hit like that when I played hockey. I had the wobbly legs skating back to the bench. No concussion but I sat out a bunch of shifts until my legs came back. It Could very well be a concussion though. I hope it isn’t. Those things can ruin careers. Being a D they tend to get hit more. 

Today has a practice is in CGY at 10:30.  It might answer a few questions.  I don't expect Shilly to be on the ice, but interested to see if all other accounted for; Ritchie, Stone, Richardson and Ruzie.  Also watching the waiver wire.  Ruzie can be an assignment to the Heat without actually going there.  The other guys require waivers to bell assigned.  If we have any need to call up a D, one of those two things needs to occur.

I f nothing happens, then we are running 6 D and Shilly is out short term.   

Wow, just wow.  He's practicing on the exact pair he played with before.

#Flames at practice today:

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Lucic-Monahan-Toffoli
Lewis-Richardson-Ritchie
Dube-Ruzicka

Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Gudbranson
Stone

Markstrom
Vladar

If it was up to me I would try these lines:

Mangiapane-Ruzicka-Toffoli

Lucic-Backlund-Coleman

Dube-Monahan-Lewis

But that wouldn't happen so I would go with this:

Mangiapane-Backlund-Toffoli

Dube-Monahan-Coleman

Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

If it was up to me I would try these lines:

Mangiapane-Ruzicka-Toffoli

Lucic-Backlund-Coleman

Dube-Monahan-Lewis

But that wouldn't happen so I would go with this:

Mangiapane-Backlund-Toffoli

Dube-Monahan-Coleman

Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

I like your first idea.  

Since the 2nd one is probably closer to what we would see, I would prefer to see Dube and Coleman swap sides.

Both are lefties.

The third choice (yeah I am stubborn) would be:

Mangiapane-Monahan-Toffoli

Coleman-Backlund-Dube

Lucic-Ruzicka-Lewis

I think that Dube has the speed to play with Backlund, and really he is suffering from lack of it.

Monahan line is a new version of the original Gaudreau/Mony/Lindy line.

A true RW.  A LW that can shoot or pass.

The 4th line is a sore sight for the opposite defense.

11 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Anyone have an idea if Kylington is playing tonight.

He participated in full practice yesterday.

When asked by reporters about the incident, he replied he hoped to be back playing soon.

No update as to whether he's starting or not.

Kylington was clearly concussed last game, in a bad way. What does the medical profession say about returning to full contact sport after such head trauma? I'd like to see him sit for a while in favor of Stone who needs to see some action because good chance we are going to need him down the stretch and playoffs.

2 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Kylington was clearly concussed last game, in a bad way. What does the medical profession say about returning to full contact sport after such head trauma. I'd like to see him sit for a while in favor of Stone who needs to see some action because good chance we are going to need him down the stretch and playoffs.

Well, according to him and Sutter, he was not concussed.

The NHL has a protocol, and you don't just get to say this, they have to conduct tests if it's a remote possibility.

Just now, travel_dude said:

Well, according to him and Sutter, he was not concussed.

The NHL has a protocol, and you don't just get to say this, they have to conduct tests if it's a remote possibility.

He was knocked out, counting butterflies, could not get off the ice with out assistance. He was clearly concussed.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Anyone have an idea if Kylington is playing tonight.

He participated in full practice yesterday.

When asked by reporters about the incident, he replied he hoped to be back playing soon.

No update as to whether he's starting or not.

yup! He’s playing tonight! 🤪

14 hours ago, CheersMan said:

He was knocked out, counting butterflies, could not get off the ice with out assistance. He was clearly concussed.

I think doublerob called it. It was a stinger, it's like being paralyzed for 10ish seconds until the nerve chills out, then back to normal. It runs neck to foot, so helps explain the wobble. Like your affected side went to sleep.

19 hours ago, CheersMan said:

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think doublerob called it. It was a stinger, it's like being paralyzed for 10ish seconds until the nerve chills out, then back to normal. It runs neck to foot, so helps explain the wobble. Like your affected side went to sleep.

Cheers, did you see anything in his play that would suggest that he had anything at all lingering from the hit?  If anything, I saw a player even nastier than previous games.  He was in the middle of scrums, stripped players of the puck when defending a rush, knocked a player or two over near the crease.  

I was worried about the player after the hit, but he left the decision to play with the doctors.  Wasn't sure he was playing until they cleared him.  

23 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Cheers, did you see anything in his play that would suggest that he had anything at all lingering from the hit?  If anything, I saw a player even nastier than previous games.  He was in the middle of scrums, stripped players of the puck when defending a rush, knocked a player or two over near the crease.  

I was worried about the player after the hit, but he left the decision to play with the doctors.  Wasn't sure he was playing until they cleared him.  

No, but I seen a dman go flying into the boards again head first and thought it was Kylington again, turned out it was Grudbanson. What if it was Kyington and he never got up again? This org would have looked like a joke. Kylington is still in danger if you ask me.

11 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

No, but I seen a dman go flying into the boards again head first and thought it was Kylington again, turned out it was Grudbanson. What if it was Kyington and he never got up again? This org would have looked like a joke. Kylington is still in danger if you ask me.

I am not in there, nor are you, but I don't think it's an actual concussion. When I've gone down like that, my legs were wobbly to go back to the bench. It's scary when it happens. I had to sit 2-3 shifts to get my legs back. It's a real zinger, like how Conundrum described it. And like Kylington, I laid there for about a minute