It's Game Day Biotches

conundrumed

It's funny how he talks about Gaudrea (compared to what Francis predicted).  Says that Johnny is more demanding of his line mates.  You started to see the emergence of the player last year under Sutter, now he has taken that to a new level.  I love listening to his pre and post game presers.  Made fun of Eric last one.  Always says that guys are battling for minutes, and if you don't, great view from the stands.  No free ride.  When Lucic struggles, his minutes drop off.  When the line is producing, they bump up.  The good and bad thing about Lucic is nobody can play his game, but also we don't have a roster player to even take a 4LW spot.  With Bennett and Dube last playoffs, he was a difference maker.  If they can find the right balance of speed (to offset his lack) and possession and forechecking, they will be a dangerous line next month.

Other than injuries taking their toll, we are seeing the guys earnng the minutes.  The lines may not be 100%, but we have a pretty good idea of the top 9.  Well, it remains to be seen what the combos are, but we are seeing some that don't need changes.

It's GDB's.  Time to claim the title.  A win for us helps Vegas and VAN in their last ditch effort to get a WC spot, if they can't unseat LA.  The seating is still up in the air.  Likely though, we are facing NAS.  Whatever.  No 3v3 OT or shootouts.  LA has an easy schedule.  VAN faces tough teams.  Vegas faces tough teams.  

I don't think it really matters who we play in round one.  We are set up for a tough series.  We have some depth at D and possibly some emergency callups for F.  No worries about the goalies.  Let EDM and LA or Vegas or VAN fight it out for the first round.

Johnny and Tkachuk and Lindholm need not worry about reaching some milestone.  It will come, but no point in overthinking it, just do the voodoo that you do, so well.  Bury Dallas, bury VAN.  Play Vladar against NAS next week and Minny or WPG (or both).  Get the PP going again.  Let Backlund be the defensive C he's supposed to be.  Get Mange and Dube scoring greasy goals.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sutter is playing it cool.

Nothing about us playing a better game or any of that.

It's 1-0.

Neither team played it 100% great.

Too many bad calls.

The entire team needs to fight for that inside ice.

Tkachuk does it every game.

Johnny can do it.

Let's open a can of woop-arse on them.

Not by the score, but by the play.

Show them who's boss.

46 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Sutter is playing it cool.

Nothing about us playing a better game or any of that.

It's 1-0.

Neither team played it 100% great.

Too many bad calls.

The entire team needs to fight for that inside ice.

Tkachuk does it every game.

Johnny can do it.

Let's open a can of woop-arse on them.

Not by the score, but by the play.

Show them who's boss.

That's a Stone Cold line, he's from Texas.  This is what happens when Calgary does to Texas

bret hart wrestling GIF by WWE

58 minutes ago, sak22 said:

That's a Stone Cold line, he's from Texas.  This is what happens when Calgary does to Texas

bret hart wrestling GIF by WWE

If I don't see Zadorov putting Benn in the sharpshooter, I'm going to be awfully disappointed - and now that that's in your head, you will be, too.

Love.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Time to make Dallas drop they're jocks and grab their socks.

Time to make this a best of 3. Don't get mad, get even, 110%, play a full 60, gotta play our game, did I miss any?

Pucks in deep, pucks on net.

Really, this should have Sutter's eyes light up.  His game plan should win out.  The team bought in all season long and one game that got away should have been expected.  Win the next game.  Score the next goal.  Sow some seeds of doubt, because Dallas loves to play close games, as long as they score 2.  Put them down by two instead of down by one or up one.  

I am in favor of clinching tonight.

Get that out of the way.

Get a few days to clean things up and rest a few dinged up players before next round. 

Put pressure on the Oils to try to win a series.

Or LA to be victorious and the reward is playing us.

LA is playing the way they need to and just to do what they do.

Defeat EDM on home ice and end this runaway fan base.

The guys that have never won 3 in a series will be looking for the vets to help them get over the hump.

Want a positive effort so the negativity doesn't creep in.

I almost quit commenting last game because of it.

Almost.

It was one freaking goal down.

I think the Flames should be very motivated to win tonight. Dallas is the type of team you don't want to go to game 7 with because they will keep it a one bounce game with their D and Ottenger. Flames could outplay them and still lose because anything can happen in a Game 7.

So I really hope we see a motivated team to end it tonight. 

First hurdle - getting a 3rd win in a series.

Next hurdle - closing out with a 4th win.

Whatever lines Sutter puts together, I'm sure that they will play at the top of their game.

Line rushes the same as last game, except Stone not in main group.

And the same practice lines as before.

Not like Sutter is going to tip his hand.

Most of the lineup has played with other players than the main lines.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

I think the Flames should be very motivated to win tonight. Dallas is the type of team you don't want to go to game 7 with because they will keep it a one bounce game with their D and Ottenger. Flames could outplay them and still lose because anything can happen in a Game 7.

So I really hope we see a motivated team to end it tonight. 

Ya agreed.  I think the Flames got their scare already from being down 2-1 in the series.  They will/should be motivated to end the series tonight.  Can't take feet off the peddle now because they know Oettinger can steal a game 7 if it gets there.

Looking forward to the game.

I saw they were doing the mixed lines with Ritchie again today.. same one he surprised then with Stone last minute in game 4..

A little worrisome cuz Sutter likes mind games.. but has to know they won't fall for that again.. unless , he actually does use those players this time ..   I kinda like the 11-7 

Sutter is not going to tip his hand.

Really, there is no point.

I can understand the pros and cons of 11-7 or going with 12-6 with Tanev in.

It's game 7.

Do or die.

No room for error.

Figure it out before puck drop, but he already knows.

Would have made the call during practice.

He's not even going to show whether he goes with Coleman with Backlund.

12F or 11, he has lines in his head.

And he makes a determination of how a player is "going" in 10 seconds of play.

Play the game the same way you did all year and you stay in that spot.

I think we are in for another chess match - who budges first kind of game. 

last game It felt like we played a road game. I picture tonight to be much the same. Although, if we can get guys going to the net and make it hard on them, we know we got it. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

I think we are in for another chess match - who budges first kind of game. 

last game It felt like we played a road game. I picture tonight to be much the same. Although, if we can get guys going to the net and make it hard on them, we know we got it. 

I actually expect DAL to play a bit more wide open in game 6 because playing too tight defensively the past two games has only yielded 1-goal per game.  Sinking further into a defensive shell means they will only score 1-goal again.  I think the pressure is on them to open the game up and take some risks.

49 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I actually expect DAL to play a bit more wide open in game 6 because playing too tight defensively the past two games has only yielded 1-goal per game.  Sinking further into a defensive shell means they will only score 1-goal again.  I think the pressure is on them to open the game up and take some risks.

Agreed, especially if we can pot one early.  We get an early lead, Dallas opens up and that creates loads of opportunities.  I'm willing to bet we see the most amount of goals tonight of any game in the series.

Just watching replays on CBC intermission for the Pens. Like WTF Benn, sticking Mangiapane in the face as his is being held down against the back of the net, constantly poking him with the tip of his stick. how is that not a penalty or suspension? Mangiapane could have lost a tooth, got cut up… Blockchaining BS!

39 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Just watching replays on CBC intermission for the Pens. Like WTF Benn, sticking Mangiapane in the face as his is being held down against the back of the net, constantly poking him with the tip of his stick. how is that not a penalty or suspension? Mangiapane could have lost a tooth, got cut up… Blockchaining BS!

Benn got a $5000 fine for that.  

Agreed though.  That should be intent to injure and a suspension.  However, I would argue he helps us beat DAL so we need him to play.