It's Game Day Biotches

conundrumed

Not the game thread. I'm not going anywhere near what the Doctor provides.❤️

Just some discussion.

First thing I want.

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick matching up with Raymond-Larkin-Bertuzzi.

Larkin-Bertuzzi are full of piss and vinegar. 

Coleman-Bertuzzi lining up is my main watch.

Raymond has a wicked shot. Need Hanifin on him.

D's 2nd line Fabbri-Suter-Zadina are fast like Dube-Mangia.

This isn't last yrs Detroit. Wings fans are joking Stevie's built a goon squad.lol New motto, Us vs the World.

D is:

DeKeyser-Hronek

Leddy-Seider

Staal-Lindstrom

Greiss has been spectacular.

Watch the Detroit feed if possible. Class of the league by a lot. Lidstrom sat in for 10 mins vs CBJ.

This is going to be a tough matchup.

Thanks TBag, Detroit is jacked and playing hard and fast.

Put your seatbelts on.

17 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Got to see Raymond couple years back for Frölunda in Gothenberg.  Really stood out in the game even than as a 17 year old.

Going to be interesting to see how we match up agaisnt the speed of the Redwings.

Seider as well. I can see a Norris in his future. Vs Tampa,  after the whistle, he took the puck from Hedman and slid it away. Hedman didn't like that transgression, Seider didn't care. That kid is going to be a handful. Nobody has beaten him 1-on-1. The best way I can describe the Wings after that Tampa game is angry. They are dangerous in this early going.

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I like the change to the d pairings.

not a fan of those last 2 forward lines

I'm thinking this is our best bet right now once Richardson comes back,

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk

Mangiapane - Backlund - Dube

Coleman - Richardson - Pitlick

Lucic - Monahan - Lewis

Ritchie

Every yr I have watch every team in the NHL have a long game losing streak so the Flames have it now maybe even another a few months down the road every team goes through it.I am sad to see Mony slid so far down the line up hopefully they are just protecting him and his old injury? 

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Really excited to watch Seider.  Kid was picked like 15 spots ahead of what he was projected and it looks like the Red Wings are getting the last laugh.  

Stevie's 1st yr. "Just get a big D prospect...".

He's a little tentative peeps. just starting out.

But you definitely see a killer dman once he settles in. He's 20.

2 years of SEL. Great patience by Detroit. He could have played last yr. Better minutes in the SEL.

10 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Stevie's 1st yr. "Just get a big D prospect...".

He's a little tentative peeps. just starting out.

But you definitely see a killer dman once he settles in. He's 20.

2 years of SEL. Great patience by Detroit. He could have played last yr. Better minutes in the SEL.

I thought DET reached badly for a RHS RD at the draft but Seider is turning out to be legit.  RHS RD don't grow on trees so if you don't reach for them then you won't have any.

1 hour ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

The season is only 2 games in and the sky is falling already?

Yup. Yeah it’s only 2 games blah blah blah but BLANK all this complacency, it’s been a cancer to this franchise. We’re still winless on the season. This team has much to prove so not sure why such a long leash for this group of underachievers? We should expect more from the team , we deserve better as fans. It’s not the end of the world by any means but we’ve seen these starts year after year and I’m pretty sure it’s hasn’t been working out for us. 

There’s no magical switch for this team but for some reason ppl seem to think they can just “turn it on” after 20, 40 games. It’s not a recipe for success, nor has this team shown any ability to elevate their game consistently. I’m not expecting they will win every single game but this mentality that it’s ok to be losing because it’s early is part of the problem. 

Not even coming at you , I guess I just have higher expectations for my team. Nothing wrong with that. 

59 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What do you think of the lines?

Not sure what Sutter is doing, but I'm glad that he knows.

I cant make sense of it either. I'm hoping that was a "lets try this at practice" set up because theres no way Mang or Dube should be regulated to 4th line minutes. 

31 minutes ago, rickross said:

Yup. Yeah it’s only 2 games blah blah blah but BLANK all this complacency, it’s been a cancer to this franchise. We’re still winless on the season. This team has much to prove so not sure why such a long leash for this group of underachievers? We should expect more from the team , we deserve better as fans. It’s not the end of the world by any means but we’ve seen these starts year after year and I’m pretty sure it’s hasn’t been working out for us. 

There’s no magical switch for this team but for some reason ppl seem to think they can just “turn it on” after 20, 40 games. It’s not a recipe for success, nor has this team shown any ability to elevate their game consistently. I’m not expecting they will win every single game but this mentality that it’s ok to be losing because it’s early is part of the problem. 

Not even coming at you , I guess I just have higher expectations for my team. Nothing wrong with that. 

It's not complacency, its the realization of the scale this early in the year, a win tonight can vault a team 5-6 spots. In the trade discussions were always saying you cant base decisions from a players small sample size of stats.  Same goes here. 

Just because a fan isnt running around with a sense of panic doesnt mean theyre happy with the current outcomes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

I like the change to the d pairings.

not a fan of those last 2 forward lines

Not my fave for the forwards lines.

Coleman-Backlund-Pitlick is interesting, but maybe not my first choice.

Acceptable for now.

Monahan is being given the gears perhaps, as he had some trouble last game; I didn't think he was that bad, just not completely effective.

It perhaps makes some sense to demote Lucic and Lewis with him, but not sure about that.

Ritchie with Dube?

Seriously, this is the worst decision IMHO.

I don't have confidence that he makes either of those others better; I would say he makes them worse.

The D makes sense.

Kylington and Tanev seemed to have some chemistry.

Give him the chance to prove he has learned and can help the team win.

If we are keeping Zadorov, they need to find the fit for him.

Right now, it's not with Tanev.

I'm undecided about starting Markstrom.

He hasn't been lights out, so it makes sense to give him reps to get there.

But we don't want to let too much time go before we use Vladar.

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

We love that choice:)

The one I worked on was obvious.

I question whether biotches is even a swear word.

If you can say BTC and moan, then I suggest that a common expression like biotch is fine.

EDIT - oops.  Seems like a bad word after all.

Peeps can make the final call as the Admin, but I think he is okay with it.

Some comments from a Wings blog:

The Flames have only played 2 games so far, and are looking for their first win of the season. Losing 3-2 in OT to Anaheim and 5-2 to Edmonton, the team just hasn’t had the chance to get going. This is not a group you want to meet up with when they’re in a bad mood for one reason: Tkachuk. I love watching this player as long as it’s not against Detroit. He’s a bit like a hemorrhoid- a massive pain in the butt that grows on you. His high stick puck stop to avoid a delay of game was as funny as it gets (and yet the refs weren’t laughing).

My goal tonight is TTAT - Try to Avoid Tkachuk. He can get under your skin and cause you to lose your focus. Sitting at just 1 assist on the season, the sandpaper assassin will want to do everything he can to start to reverse his own fortunes and those of his teammates. Witkowski lost his cool and faced a lengthy suspension in one of the last contests (luckily he’s in Grand Rapids). Larkin and Bertuzzi could easily be drawn into taking a penalty if they’re not focused.

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Some comments from a Wings blog:

The Flames have only played 2 games so far, and are looking for their first win of the season. Losing 3-2 in OT to Anaheim and 5-2 to Edmonton, the team just hasn’t had the chance to get going. This is not a group you want to meet up with when they’re in a bad mood for one reason: Tkachuk. I love watching this player as long as it’s not against Detroit. He’s a bit like a hemorrhoid- a massive pain in the butt that grows on you. His high stick puck stop to avoid a delay of game was as funny as it gets (and yet the refs weren’t laughing).

My goal tonight is TTAT - Try to Avoid Tkachuk. He can get under your skin and cause you to lose your focus. Sitting at just 1 assist on the season, the sandpaper assassin will want to do everything he can to start to reverse his own fortunes and those of his teammates. Witkowski lost his cool and faced a lengthy suspension in one of the last contests (luckily he’s in Grand Rapids). Larkin and Bertuzzi could easily be drawn into taking a penalty if they’re not focused.

Wings fans are awesome.lol