It's Game Day Biotches

conundrumed

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What do we need to call up Rozie?

Guessing Kyl back, Mackey down, Ritchie to IR?

I'm growing deeply annoyed at the Carpenter acquisition at the expense of Ruzicka.

BT could have played it differently by waiving both Ritchie and Richardson.

Ruzie was all set to return to the lineup and then the TDL happened.

In hindsight, it may have been a good thing to get Carpenter to replace Monahan.

But I have my doubts.

Either Ritchie or Kyl to IR is what is needed.

No word on Ritchie at all.

Since we have 7 healthy D, we can go 11-7 tonight.

But does that really help, considering we have 12 healthy F.

I would prefer they move BR to IR and call up Rozie.

Play him either with Lucic or with 3rd line.

Either situation works for me.

I think he's better able to get his wingers scoring than Jarny.

Jarny would be a good bet for 4th line.

But, as you suggested, Rozie also plays well with Lucic.

28 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

What do we need to call up Rozie?

Guessing Kyl back, Mackey down, Ritchie to IR?

I'm growing deeply annoyed at the Carpenter acquisition at the expense of Ruzicka.

Nothing. With Monahan on LTIR the Flames can call up anyone they want now. Have only used 1 of 4 recalls. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Nothing. With Monahan on LTIR the Flames can call up anyone they want now. Have only used 1 of 4 recalls. 

Really?  I thought the 23 man limit still applied.  Must have been mixing it up with the cap though.  

I see where some teams have 28 players.  Yikes.

If cap is not an issue, I'm not sure why they haven't brought up Ruzie already.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Really?  I thought the 23 man limit still applied.  Must have been mixing it up with the cap though.  

I see where some teams have 28 players.  Yikes.

If cap is not an issue, I'm not sure why they haven't brought up Ruzie already.

No, roster limit goes away post Trade deadline. 

The rationale from Sutter has been he doesn't want Ruzicka up here if the only spot he has for him is the 4th line, would rather him down in the A playing more. I agree 100% with that approach personally. 

However with Monahan out and Jankrok apparently dealing with someone I would suspect you'd see Ruzicka up at some point, perhaps today. Carpenter hasn't blocked anyone IMO. 

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The rationale from Sutter has been he doesn't want Ruzicka up here if the only spot he has for him is the 4th line, would rather him down in the A playing more. I agree 100% with that approach personally. 

However with Monahan out and Jankrok apparently dealing with someone I would suspect you'd see Ruzicka up at some point, perhaps today. Carpenter hasn't blocked anyone IMO. 

I don't know that Sutter was all that impressed with Jarnkrok's games to date.  He's getting some chances but seems a bit off in timing.  Isn't bringing any scoring to his line really.  

Would you prefer to have Ruzie on 3rd line and Jarnkrok on the 4th?

Or Jarnkrok on the 3rd and Carpenter on the 4th?

I suppose there is a 3rd concept of Lewis sitting out and Carpenter moving to RW, but I don't see it.

20 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Thanks cross. I was wondering if it's just cap-related now, as it was. With Mony, it solves that. While I get the rationale, the lines and minutes seemed to balance out better with Ruzicka between Lewis and Lucic. If that's the spot for him that makes us better right now, I'd have to say why not? Even Mony there didn't look as effective as Ruzicka in that spot.

To me at least. Rozie was what, .35ppg from there? Better than the nothing it's been imo.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Thanks cross. I was wondering if it's just cap-related now, as it was. With Mony, it solves that. While I get the rationale, the lines and minutes seemed to balance out better with Ruzicka between Lewis and Lucic. If that's the spot for him that makes us better right now, I'd have to say why not? Even Mony there didn't look as effective as Ruzicka in that spot.

To me at least. Rozie was what, .35ppg from there? Better than the nothing it's been imo.

Love the new Avatar.  

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Interesting game tonight, SJ has been effective at clogging the middle of the ice on us.

We saw that with the first LA game at the end of March but they were able to open open them up a bit in the second game and pull out a win.  Hopefully the same can be done to the Sharks as the rest of the schedule is going to be teams that probably play the same way.

I want to see the team have to fight to the very end to get their position because they'll be facing a team that just scrapped their way into a WC spot. Plus weve all seen what happens when they coast into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Interesting game tonight, SJ has been effective at clogging the middle of the ice on us.

9 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

We saw that with the first LA game at the end of March but they were able to open open them up a bit in the second game and pull out a win.  Hopefully the same can be done to the Sharks as the rest of the schedule is going to be teams that probably play the same way.

I want to see the team have to fight to the very end to get their position because they'll be facing a team that just scrapped their way into a WC spot. Plus weve all seen what happens when they coast into the playoffs.

Johnny has since gone supernova.  I know the other teams hve seen the pass to Lindholm before, but they seem to have no answer for it.  We always have our hands full with the Sharts but last game was a mental breakdown.  We scored enough to hang onto a victory.  Last week was just that, last week.

All I can say is we better see Vladar tonight.  There is zero reason to play Markstrom.  He lost focus last night and made it closer than it needed to be.  Saying that, he was solid for all but those two goals.  A couple of breakaways by Grant, and a 2nd look after a breakaway with another free ride to the net.  WTF was that all about?  D have to stop double coverage and guard the middle better.  Vladar has the trust of the team, and they actually play better in front of him (except for the VAN game).    

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Johnny has since gone supernova.  I know the other teams hve seen the pass to Lindholm before, but they seem to have no answer for it.  We always have our hands full with the Sharts but last game was a mental breakdown.  We scored enough to hang onto a victory.  Last week was just that, last week.

All I can say is we better see Vladar tonight.  There is zero reason to play Markstrom.  He lost focus last night and made it closer than it needed to be.  Saying that, he was solid for all but those two goals.  A couple of breakaways by Grant, and a 2nd look after a breakaway with another free ride to the net.  WTF was that all about?  D have to stop double coverage and guard the middle better.  Vladar has the trust of the team, and they actually play better in front of him (except for the VAN game).    

The italicized brings back some funny, yet horrendously embarrassing mems. Good times.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Unfortunately, I wish I'd only sharted.lol

Something something Morocco, something something Paris something something not realizing that alley was the back exit of the Paris train station something something glad I didn't understand French.

Sacre bleu Memes