Season Predictions

The_People1

• 4 weeks later...

It's that time of the month again for some bragging rights!

Some big scors this month

7 points to Cross to jump into 1st overall

8 points and best for the month for Conundrumed!  Good to leap into 2nd overall

Only 2 points for Sak this month but it keeps him in joint 2nd.

TD with a mediocre 3 but good for 3rd overall

Brewcrew with 0 points this month and overall a Montreal score of 4 points for the year.

6099c09538414c09efc12ae92bfb84ab.png

c343713cb8af2f358f0fbd8dbf114b95.png

• Like 3

On 2/16/2022 at 6:28 AM, rocketdoctor said:

It's that time of the month again for some bragging rights!

Some big scors this month

7 points to Cross to jump into 1st overall

8 points and best for the month for Conundrumed!  Good to leap into 2nd overall

Only 2 points for Sak this month but it keeps him in joint 2nd.

TD with a mediocre 3 but good for 3rd overall

Brewcrew with 0 points this month and overall a Montreal score of 4 points for the year.

6099c09538414c09efc12ae92bfb84ab.png

c343713cb8af2f358f0fbd8dbf114b95.png

What's fun is most of you tossers didn't put us first. Just me and MP. Half didn't have us top 3, scoundrels.

• 3 weeks later...

6 weeks of the season left!   1 normal month scoring and Double points for the season end.

Those homers Conundrumed (Another top 8 points this month)  and MP5029 (6 points this month) looking healthy :D

Cross nice and steady 5 points.

Nil points for Brewcrew who is in a 2 month slump.

Those with Guadreau, Tkchuck and Lindholm as the top 3 scorers milking the points!!

6540e8d52cfaea111d4fa296f0cb0381.png

2298b39265b572254e6054fb05a944e8.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 12:09 AM, travel_dude said:

Next clinching scenario is DAL @ EDM Wednesday.

We could, I suppose, wait for Thursday and do it ourselves.

But a loss by EDM gets them thinking.

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Presidents Trophy to Conundrumed 😎  Congrats.

To be fair we were all pretty crap at the predictions.  Just some more than others!!

Hope it was a bit of fun guys.

f8a5e96b526b577f835c019b1a46d3e3.png

1ca4d34e1bf34cb09e62ce08ee92feab.png

Well done RD! 

I thought the boards were down all year! Glad to see everyone still in the mix and gearing up for the playoffs! 

Looks like the Stars have aligned and we will face Dallas! Still think I would have preferred the Preds especially with their current goalie situation. Flames will need to bring their A game, Dallas could really give us a challenge, let’s hope it’s not 2020 all over again 

2 hours ago, rickross said:

I thought the boards were down all year! Glad to see everyone still in the mix and gearing up for the playoffs! 

Looks like the Stars have aligned and we will face Dallas! Still think I would have preferred the Preds especially with their current goalie situation. Flames will need to bring their A game, Dallas could really give us a challenge, let’s hope it’s not 2020 all over again 

I think the stars are not quite as young as they were in 2020…and Cgy is not either.

the key differences is 2 years of growth is good for a younger Cgy team, 2 years of age on an older Dal team.

i think Cgy ends this in 5 or less…bold prediction but that’s why I’m going with…

having said that it’s gonna be a tight hard fought game every time

2 hours ago, MP5029 said:

I think the stars are not quite as young as they were in 2020…and Cgy is not either.

the key differences is 2 years of growth is good for a younger Cgy team, 2 years of age on an older Dal team.

i think Cgy ends this in 5 or less…bold prediction but that’s why I’m going with…

having said that it’s gonna be a tight hard fought game every time

benn tends to ramp it up against the Flames so I think the series goes 6 or 7. And I think the season series was fairly close.

with Parity I don’t think any teams would be easy, especially coming from the central, unless it’s a team that shouldn’t be in the playoffs…

It really depends on how Markstrom plays. He’s prone to a bad goal and a bad game so I think the stars win at least two. Markstrom will have one bad game and we will lose a close one. But I think the Flames in 6 or 7. If we take it in 7, I think we go to the Finals. 

I think the Flames have shown that they have played the same way for most of the season.  We had one of the worst schedules in the West and managed to come out on top.  I see nothing to really be concerned about in round 1.  Dallas has the lowest GF and worst GF/GA dfferential in the West.  Even with some throwaway games detracting from his stats, Markstrom is the top goalie in the west for SA% and GAA.  I don't expect any shutouts, but he makes the saves you need to win.  

The biggest wild card is penalties.  We have an awesome PK.  And our PP is slightly above Dallas.  Taking too many penalties really can hurt you in a game.  If we remain even for PP goals for and PK goals against, we should easily outscore Dallas.

43 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I think the Flames have shown that they have played the same way for most of the season.  We had one of the worst schedules in the West and managed to come out on top.  I see nothing to really be concerned about in round 1.  Dallas has the lowest GF and worst GF/GA dfferential in the West.  Even with some throwaway games detracting from his stats, Markstrom is the top goalie in the west for SA% and GAA.  I don't expect any shutouts, but he makes the saves you need to win.  

The biggest wild card is penalties.  We have an awesome PK.  And our PP is slightly above Dallas.  Taking too many penalties really can hurt you in a game.  If we remain even for PP goals for and PK goals against, we should easily outscore Dallas.

It depends on how they defend. There were stretches when the flames didn’t like going to the net. Chances are the Stars bottle up the middle of the ice and slot and make it harder to score. I think it really depends on secondary scoring. The flames have had good secondary scoring but also had secondary scoring go quiet. 

i still think it goes 6 or 7 and Markstrom has been good, but even the best goalies have a bad game or two in the playoffs. And you’re right, it will be whether he makes the timely saves. Can he shut the door? I have more faith in him than Rittich and previous goalies. I’m not saying Markstrom is going to lose the series. Just that he will have to be “on” to win.

I think all of those stars go out the window now. Everything they did in the past while great, leads up to the playoffs and how they will play, Dallas has been in before and have experience and will make it harder for the Flames. 

Thanks rd that was superfun. Clearly good juju won it for me by taking the Flames to finish 1st!! The fun part is I didn't think that I was being a homer, I thought we'd be the hardest team in in the division. I really wish I'd been harder on Vegas though, because I was considering it. The modern era pre-cap Rangers. Buy stars, don't win prizes.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:54 PM, robrob74 said:

It depends on how they defend. There were stretches when the flames didn’t like going to the net. Chances are the Stars bottle up the middle of the ice and slot and make it harder to score. I think it really depends on secondary scoring. The flames have had good secondary scoring but also had secondary scoring go quiet. 

i still think it goes 6 or 7 and Markstrom has been good, but even the best goalies have a bad game or two in the playoffs. And you’re right, it will be whether he makes the timely saves. Can he shut the door? I have more faith in him than Rittich and previous goalies. I’m not saying Markstrom is going to lose the series. Just that he will have to be “on” to win.

I think all of those stars go out the window now. Everything they did in the past while great, leads up to the playoffs and how they will play, Dallas has been in before and have experience and will make it harder for the Flames. 

The Flames are an enigma.  They play the same way every game.  Not always successful.

Sometimes, it's a tired goalie or D-man.  Or a bad penalty at the wrong time.

I just don't see the weaknesses in their game.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

The Flames are an enigma.  They play the same way every game.  Not always successful.

Sometimes, it's a tired goalie or D-man.  Or a bad penalty at the wrong time.

I just don't see the weaknesses in their game.

An enigma wrapped in a paradox shrouded in a conundrum.

I don't agree. This is a well built team.

1/4 skill, 1/4 size, 1/4 experience and 1/2 redemption.

We're 1 1/4 of a team.lol

I could go on and on, but I'll just highlight Markstrom. He is not Blockchaining around.He'll be dialed in and proving his point.

This is gonna be fun.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

An enigma wrapped in a paradox shrouded in a conundrum.

I don't agree. This is a well built team.

1/4 skill, 1/4 size, 1/4 experience and 1/2 redemption.

We're 1 1/4 of a team.lol

I could go on and on, but I'll just highlight Markstrom. He is not Blockchaining around.He'll be dialed in and proving his point.

This is gonna be fun.

I mean to say that we are a consistent team.  So few teams can say that.

Our worst stretch was everyone getting COVID at once.

The game play was there before and after, just needed to get back to 100%.

February was everything dialed in.

That's how I expect the playoffs to be.

I wonder if Sutter feels facing the AVS in 2nd or 3rd round is a waste of 8 days.  Or 12?

Believe he was just talking about round 1, since you gain experience and put the demons to rest.

Poor BSD, having to face 4-7 games against the AVS.

He was a good goalie before being ruined by Wardo and TOR coach.

Now he has to get the team on his back and hope they play for him.

BTW, congrats Conundrumed on winning this and the other pool.

I find it odd that TOR is even thinking they need to be ready for a violent series.

If that's where they go, they will lose very quickly.

Stick to trying to score goals and keeping the puck out of the net.