20 21 season by series tracker

bosn111

8 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Playing the same team 9/10 times got old pretty quickly.

I will add that a scheduling quirk had STL playing Arizona for 7 games in a row.  Talk about worst possible result.  What possible rivalry would there be with those two team?  

IMHO, the only real rivalries are the provincial or state ones, which usually are taken car of by division matchups.

FLA vs TBL

NYR vs NYI

PHI vs PITTS

LA vs SJS and ANA

CGY vs EDM and VAN

TOR vs OTT and MTL

A few others

And of course CGY vs OTT (said no one ever)

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I will add that a scheduling quirk had STL playing Arizona for 7 games in a row.  Talk about worst possible result.  What possible rivalry would there be with those two team?  

IMHO, the only real rivalries are the provincial or state ones, which usually are taken car of by division matchups.

FLA vs TBL

NYR vs NYI

PHI vs PITTS

LA vs SJS and ANA

CGY vs EDM and VAN

TOR vs OTT and MTL

A few others

And of course CGY vs OTT (said no one ever)

I feel more divisional meet ups would create more rivalries and fuel any pre existing ones.  Familiarity breeds contempt.  Even over a full season if it was scheduled like MLB with 3 game mine series, inter conference only, would be a step forward.

7 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

I feel more divisional meet ups would create more rivalries and fuel any pre existing ones.  Familiarity breeds contempt.  Even over a full season if it was scheduled like MLB with 3 game mine series, inter conference only, would be a step forward.

MLB plays 160 games.

With the BOA, I felt the extra games watered down the excitement.

I remember watching about 3-4 games this year where it felt we were playing a team we rarely see.

Do you really want to see 9-10 games against Ottawa?

Same amount against VAN?

I had my fill.

The other thing about this format was that every single games was a 4 point game.

That's a 40 point swing if a team wins all games in a set.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

MLB plays 160 games.

With the BOA, I felt the extra games watered down the excitement.

I remember watching about 3-4 games this year where it felt we were playing a team we rarely see.

Do you really want to see 9-10 games against Ottawa?

Same amount against VAN?

I had my fill.

The other thing about this format was that every single games was a 4 point game.

That's a 40 point swing if a team wins all games in a set.

I personally dont mind seeing the same team that often, I have more interest in the 10th game against the Oil than 1 or 2 games against the Isles, Preds, etc. We've seen schedules where both the last BOA game was done in December and we've seen 2-3 games so late in the season they were meaningless, neither of those scenarios help any BOA rivalry. As for every game being basically 4pts, all the better. The fact the Flames had a chance to show how they compare to the other Canadian teams only to produce more of the same old stuff p***es me off to no end. I only hope someone with power to change that got p***ed off too.

16 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

I personally dont mind seeing the same team that often, I have more interest in the 10th game against the Oil than 1 or 2 games against the Isles, Preds, etc. We've seen schedules where both the last BOA game was done in December and we've seen 2-3 games so late in the season they were meaningless, neither of those scenarios help any BOA rivalry. As for every game being basically 4pts, all the better. The fact the Flames had a chance to show how they compare to the other Canadian teams only to produce more of the same old stuff p***es me off to no end. I only hope someone with power to change that got p***ed off too.

By the same token, do you think it does EDM any good to destroy one team and make the playoffs when they were closer to 500 with everyone else?

EDM made the playoffs on the backs of 9 wins against Ottawa and 7-2 against WPG.

Take away those two series and EDM is exactly 19-19-2.

The 4 points games are more meaningful in the division and WC races.  You can lose two games to Tampa and it doesn't kill your season, whereas we had two losses to MTL that eliminated us form the playoffs.  It's actually even closer, just a win and OTL to pass them. 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

By the same token, do you think it does EDM any good to destroy one team and make the playoffs when they were closer to 500 with everyone else?

EDM made the playoffs on the backs of 9 wins against Ottawa and 7-2 against WPG.

Take away those two series and EDM is exactly 19-19-2.

The 4 points games are more meaningful in the division and WC races.  You can lose two games to Tampa and it doesn't kill your season, whereas we had two losses to MTL that eliminated us form the playoffs.  It's actually even closer, just a win and OTL to pass them. 

The Flames had every opportunity to do the same. 

The games meant more right from the start yet the effort and results remained the same. If anything this season put a spotlight on where this franchise is actually at right now.

1 hour ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

The Flames had every opportunity to do the same. 

The games meant more right from the start yet the effort and results remained the same. If anything this season put a spotlight on where this franchise is actually at right now.

We had an opportunity to win more than 2 for sure.

We didn't play Ottawa when they were at their worst.

We got them after they started to turn their season around.

End of February, over a month into the season.

They started out the season with a win and lost 9 in a row.

Murray and Hogburg were pathetic.

This season proved nothing to me other than we played poorly in a bunch of games.