2021 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

Just now, travel_dude said:

The only better name available was Red Savage

Better everything unfortunately.

At least this guy is a LHS.  Not happy that he's not a LW, but at least he doesn't interfere with our already saturated pipeline on the RHS.

I really like that pick and it’s some great value at this point in the draft. He is a project but there is a great skill set there  good vision, good ability to transition with the puck, he’s in the mold of where the game is going for dmen. 
needs some work on his footwork and defending but it’s very much correctable. Huska should be great for him. 

Lol, been following as much as I can today. 

Sarcasm abounds. Good stuff.

I will reserve judgement until after.

Couple comments on the first round.

Surprised Wallstedt went that much later than Cossa.

Coronato seems like a solid pick. Lots of upside. I've been a huge supporter of getting more Mangiapane-style forwards in the system and he fits that mold. RHS, and plays all three forward positions.

Lot of people I talk to back home wanted Lucius but he fell to the Jets pick when we didn't take him so perhaps there's something the scouts know that we don't.

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

Better everything unfortunately.

At least this guy is a LHS.  Not happy that he's not a LW, but at least he doesn't interfere with our already saturated pipeline on the RHS.

Holland is happy we passed on Lucas Munzemberger.

You will be happy that we drafted according to Cragg Button and didn't go off the board completely.

Whether we got BPA or not, we added some size and skill to our somewhat questionable forward prospect pool.

Just now, travel_dude said:

Holland is happy we passed on Lucas Munzemberger.

You will be happy that we drafted according to Cragg Button and didn't go off the board completely.

Whether we got BPA or not, we added some size and skill to our somewhat questionable forward prospect pool.

Coronato will make a difference in our future.   Not much positive to say past that, but, it's definitely something.

Next to Coronato this is my favorite pick of the draft so far.Back to back the Flames have taken good potential Dmen in the 3rd round. I like the upside in both Porier and Whynot. 
Excited to track Whynot next year. He’s got the potential to really tack another step so be curious to see if he can 

it may not be a home run but this has been a real solid draft for the Flames 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Next to Coronato this is my favorite pick of the draft so far.Back to back the Flames have taken good potential Dmen in the 3rd round. I like the upside in both Porier and Whynot. 
Excited to track Whynot next year. He’s got the potential to really tack another step so be curious to see if he can 

it may not be a home run but this has been a real solid draft for the Flames 

I've got no complaints.  As much as I question the guys we passed on, the guys we picked are not from left field.