Smells Like All Things Seattle

Pretty well done all around. Name, color scheme, jerseys and even their intro videos. Pretty impressive launch.

I was not a fan of the original expansion plans but both Seattle and Vegas have nailed it. It's been really modern, cool and broken the traditional molds in multiple ways that are breathing new life into the league. 

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

In other news,

Yes, Edmonton is doing it as well in the CFL with the same name I believe it is because there was already a team named the CFL'ers, I hope they just keep the Football team monikers, I give it another 30 years before teams named after animals are deemed offensive.  But in seriousness that name change needed to happen, its too bad it was caused by sponsors and not the years of calls from those offended, and also shame on the sponsors for needing a social movement to make a stand to make themselves look good, if they actually cared about it they would have done it years ago.  A good topic for discussion, maybe in a different thread.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

Pretty well done all around. Name, color scheme, jerseys and even their intro videos. Pretty impressive launch.

I was not a fan of the original expansion plans but both Seattle and Vegas have nailed it. It's been really modern, cool and broken the traditional molds in multiple ways that are breathing new life into the league. 

id have liked to see the kraken more in their logo. I think it looks more snake like. They could’ve used more tentacles to form the S. Maybe something they can play with for future renditions.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, redfire11 said:

I can't see Seattle with a team under these conditions.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-city-council-approves-defund-the-police

of course I see this as good for the city. Reading through the article, they say there was a study of their police department that proved their officers were quick to use force which “led to a 2012 decree.” But that quick to use force affects people of colour and the homeless. The decrease in funding only brings their force from 1400 police officers to roughly 1300. Its not a total dissolve of the force. 

I shouldn’t get too political on this topic because I probably see things clearly differently than most. I don’t believe in no police, but I believe in better police - educating them more, requiring degrees and special sociology and psychology training. They probably do get de-escalating training, but they need to learn a shoot last mentality. 

I think that in the States a lot of training to become a police officer is an easier process than in Canada. I still wouldn’t say that the police in Canada are perfect either. 

But de-fund isn’t dissolve. It’s more like, transfer funds and duties to different authorities that are trained for different situations. 

like wellness checks.... etc. Have a councillor or someone trained to do them more efficiently.

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, Heartbreaker said:

I figured that with the launch of the Seattle Kraken website, we should start a thread. The draft will be interesting... 

This isn't too bad, although, I do miss the old two and three colour jersey schemes. 

kraken-jersey-lg.png

https://www.seattlekrakenhockey.com/

Love. 

So....all the music piped in will be Hendrix and grunge?