travel_dude

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

What would've been our Kevin Hayes equivalent trade?  1st + Hathaway?  

A 1st and Mangiapane probably would have been our equivalent. Lemiuex was pretty close to a point per game player last year in the AHL, but he also brings toughness and agitating qualities.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I was thinking it comes down to us or Vegas. WPG was there but walked and went for Hayes.

This is the same mike commandor what said Hayes was coming to Cgy do I don’t put much in that, could be just a bit of jockeying like we are 99% out...that’s how I see it..

21 minutes ago, Carty said:

Commodore says Stone is going to Vegas...   He's been wrong before...   Guess we will all know soon...

c11848f7c24dff8cdad53336c44b6bc8.png

He said the same of Stone (WPG) and Hayes (CGY), so he's trolling the "insiders".

I had more faith in his summer stuff, because he actually was have a BBQ with Neal.

1 minute ago, Pyromancer said:

Don't want or need Stone now.

He could come here & have a Laine slump or a Neal transmogrification.

Not worth selling the farm for.

Wait til the summer...........

Ah I’d wait for it, It’s about cost certainty for BT so he may be jockeying for just that 

Just now, MP5029 said:

Ah I’d wait for it, It’s about cost certainty for BT so he may be jockeying for just that 

I think BT is gonna wait until the last hour until he does something. I wouldn’t say he’s completely out on Stone like Winnipeg was, because if that was the case I think he would have made a move. He’s gonna wait to see what plays out in otttawa and act accordingly 

32 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I can totally see that..but...that news being confirmed would also seriously hurt his trade value ...and like I posted earlier, Winnipeg had to do something.. they truly are an "all in' team..  Calgary is not ...

I agree the likelihood has taken a serious hit.. but it will be a game of chicken with Dorion now 

But now I'll say it's at best 50-50 we do it ..  if not stone , well have a deal or 2 in the last few minutes when we really do walk away 

I have had the feeling BT feels really good about our team and he should. Our weak links have been Neal's lack of performance and a lack of experience amongst our rookie defensemen. I know some will say goaltending however that has improved so I wouldn't go wasting assets on another non factor. I'm not sure I would waste assets on another LSD either. I like that BT is playing hardball on any Stone deal because he can walk away and roll the dice on Neal picking up his game for the playoffs. If he gets the Stone deal having both him and Neal wouldn't be a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

He said the same of Stone (WPG) and Hayes (CGY), so he's trolling the "insiders".

I had more faith in his summer stuff, because he actually was have a BBQ with Neal.

I hear ya, and that's why I said "He's been wrong before"...   Commodore is right/wrong about the same as Eklund...   Once, in a while he nails one, but he hits a lot of foul balls...

2 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

I have had the feeling BT feels really good about our team and he should. Our weak links have been Neal's lack of performance and a lack of experience amongst our rookie defensemen. I know some will say goaltending however that has improved so I would go wasting assets on another non factor.

Agreed

Some think our goaltending is so horrific that it has cost us the President's Trophy.

Smith & Rittich have been solely responsible for this travesty..

I would like to see Stone on the Flames as much as anyone else...   But not for the kind of price it sounds like Dorion is asking, and not just as a rental either...

Dorion is playing a dangerous game with less than 3 hours to go...   If he holds on to Stone and then he walks for nothing and goes UFA, I will LMAO...   and then I will laugh again as Dorin and Melnyk get lynched by the fans and media...

As time ticks down, as does the value if Stone. As this gets closer to expiring Dorion is going to be pressed. Hayes was never a fit here as it made no sense, Stone does. Everyone we were in on are gone, it could be we stay as is. Personally, i see this team as maybe getting thriugh a 1st round, but no further with out some added depth or scoring 

11 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

As time ticks down, as does the value if Stone. As this gets closer to expiring Dorion is going to be pressed. Hayes was never a fit here as it made no sense, Stone does. Everyone we were in on are gone, it could be we stay as is. Personally, i see this team as maybe getting thriugh a 1st round, but no further with out some added depth or scoring 

FWIW the 1st round pick isnt the worry. Its the roster player (Bennett? Mangiapane?) AND the future star (Dube? Valamaki?) Dorian was out GMed by previous deals, he will hold out to the point where it may not even happen.

15 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Tmac we are 2nd in scoring in the league.    The bottom 6 are carrying our scoring right now.  How much extra scoring do we really need.

Personally i think having Neal in the wings is fine.  Hopefully the lay off will do him and his mind good.

3 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Wpg Stl Nsh  Whomever plays each other the first round the winner will be beat up bad.

SJS and VGK will have the same results as I see VGK running SJS to 7 games

We make it out of the 1st round unscathed we have a good chance winning rnd 2

Agreed..we have to hang onto that top spot and play the 8 seed.. that's key.. vegas or STL first round will be scary 

3 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Wpg Stl Nsh  Whomever plays each other the first round the winner will be beat up bad.

SJS and VGK will have the same results as I see VGK running SJS to 7 games

We make it out of the 1st round unscathed we have a good chance winning rnd 2

The team that could be a sleeper on Stone is STL

Archived