Can anyone step up for the 17/18 season?

10 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Why ?

Because you don't get a read of him at the NHL level.  He becomes a RFA and you have to qualify him or lose him.  And the 2nd deal negotiation may not be that amicable if they don't even use him this year.  The other thing is that we have Stajan as a mentor on the 4th line.  You can send in Janko on faceoffs and let him cheat a bit, worse case is he gets tossed out and Stajan get the draw.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Because you don't get a read of him at the NHL level.  He becomes a RFA and you have to qualify him or lose him.  And the 2nd deal negotiation may not be that amicable if they don't even use him this year.  The other thing is that we have Stajan as a mentor on the 4th line.  You can send in Janko on faceoffs and let him cheat a bit, worse case is he gets tossed out and Stajan get the draw.

Some how I don't see that as a big concern for BT to be honest. I have to think at some point into the season they move Stajan aside to get Jankowski in but not at the start.

7 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Who was the last forward the AHL Flames produced again?

Ferland maybe?

Even that has been awhile ago.

I hear that.  Some of it relates to not having good picks during the Sutter years.  The other part is our best forwards have gone from junior or college to the NHL.

I haven't looked through all the forums yet but Haynes from 80 has a podcast that discusses the chances of foo and janko coming up sounds alot like what is said here.

Here is the link which im sure you have all heard any way but just incase some have not very interesting conversation.

3 hours ago, zima said:

I haven't looked through all the forums yet but Haynes from 80 has a podcast that discusses the chances of foo and janko coming up sounds alot like what is said here.

Here is the link which im sure you have all heard any way but just incase some have not very interesting conversation.

The might as well join this forum, they would fit right in. LOL

We all love to speculate on the final roster and I for one think we may see a lot of movement throughout this next season. I think we start with all of the so called regulars and the experience we have for the roster initially. Having said that if guys aren't playing well or contributing they may find themselves in the press box or Stockton. This is how it can go when there is qualified depth ready to come up.

6 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

The might as well join this forum, they would fit right in. LOL

We all love to speculate on the final roster and I for one think we may see a lot of movement throughout this next season. I think we start with all of the so called regulars and the experience we have for the roster initially. Having said that if guys aren't playing well or contributing they may find themselves in the press box or Stockton. This is how it can go when there is qualified depth ready to come up.

I read his columns and usually listen to the podcasts.  I don't always agree with their (his and his guests) view of the lines though.  They tend to be too safe.  Only ever look at things that have worked.  Saying that, it's very possible that Stajan only plays 40 games.  

20 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I read his columns and usually listen to the podcasts.  I don't always agree with their (his and his guests) view of the lines though.  They tend to be too safe.  Only ever look at things that have worked.  Saying that, it's very possible that Stajan only plays 40 games.  

He might not be totally accurate but no one can be exact it is all a guessing game. Who knows maybe stag is gone by Oct or he puts up 60 pts. Im pretty sure Janks will get his 9 game pat on the back. All of it is a guessing game we can only hope our kids push there way in and the old end up in Management. Like stag I think he deserves a management position maybe scouting.   

2 hours ago, zima said:

He might not be totally accurate but no one can be exact it is all a guessing game. Who knows maybe stag is gone by Oct or he puts up 60 pts. Im pretty sure Janks will get his 9 game pat on the back. All of it is a guessing game we can only hope our kids push there way in and the old end up in Management. Like stag I think he deserves a management position maybe scouting.   

You are right it is all a guessing game however should BT sign Jagr and also a defenseman such as McNabb then I get the sense he is all in for a SC. Go for it I say we have a good balance of youth and experience within the roster should those two be added. All the prospects we have would not be set back by doing more time in Stockton for another season. This would actually provide the system some quality back up players should the main team hit a series of injuries.

46 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

You are right it is all a guessing game however should BT sign Jagr and also a defenseman such as McNabb then I get the sense he is all in for a SC. Go for it I say we have a good balance of youth and experience within the roster should those two be added. All the prospects we have would not be set back by doing more time in Stockton for another season. This would actually provide the system some quality back up players should the main team hit a series of injuries.

Adding those 2 players would be a great step to the SC but Washington is proof that you can have it all and still miss the Silver goblet. But I guess throwing it all into the pot just to dominate the OIlers and Ducks would almost be worth it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived