Stanley Cup Final

Flyerfan52

The Pens speed is just proving to be too much for the Sharks from what i've seen. The Sharks were extremely lucky that gave went into O/T last night because the Pens should have won that 3 or 4-0 with the way the dominates the first 48 mins. Maybe the Sharks can build of their finish to the game but i'm skeptical. for most of this series its been Men vs Boys.

I hate it because I hate the Penguins but they are the best team in the NHL right now and i dont' think its that close. The Caps, Bolts and Sharks are 3 of the top teams in the NHL and IMO the Penguins dominated all of them. They only saving grace for the Sharks is the Pens can't seem to get that 2nd or 3rd goal to really put teams away, but they sure do carry the majority of the play.

That's how I want to see our team play. I have the same philosophy as Sullivan. Offence is your best defence; Speed, cycling and great forechecking. I would prefer to have the puck in the other end.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next game will tell whether the Sharks are done or not.  Speed is killing them, but they are having real trouble generating anything other than from the outside.  You are not going to score on Murray from 30 feet away, unless you have Little Joe tipping the puck.

Perhaps someone that has watched this series closer can comment on penalties being called.  In previous series I saw a lack of penalties being called on Pitts, but this one seems closer.  Does it seem like blatant calls are being missed?  

I really, truly hate to say this out loud, but I never realized the Penguins were so good.  Their speed has been destroying the Sharks, they seem to attract the puck in ways that I haven't seen since the Wayne Gretzky days.  It has looked like SJ swapped the guys that got them this far with members from the farm team.  And for those who complained about Kris Russel being a top-notch shot-blocker, we're seeing an entire team of Kris Russels (albeit with more offense skills and more speed).

Sadly, this series is over on Thursday, but SJ shoud be proud of what they've done to get this far.

Jones stole that game, which I really think is the only way SJ can get back into this series. Penguins have them off their game so much that I don't think alol of a sudden the Sharks are going to figure it out. 

Penguins are the better team, but if Jones can steal 1 more game its a series again but Pittsburgh continues to be the better team. 

IMO Kessel was robbed for the Conn Smythe.

Bettman got his golden boy another piece of hardware to keep his hobby "The NHL" going full steam. Shameful.

I agree that Kessel should have won the Conn Smythe. Can someone explain to me though, the Crosby hate at this point? I really could never understand the claims of this player or that team being favoured by the refs or the league. This is not aimed at just you s4xon, as it is a view point we see all of the time.

I agree that Kessel should have won the Conn Smythe. Can someone explain to me though, the Crosby hate at this point? I really could never understand the claims of this player or that team being favoured by the refs or the league. This is not aimed at just you s4xon, as it is a view point we see all of the time.

It's not Crosby hate.  He's one hell of a player.  I'm just tired of the golden boy syndrome with Bettman and the NHL.  The favorites always seem to end up on top, or recycled throughout the trophy room.

No tinfoil hats needed, but even the reffing in tonight's scrum was atrocious. 

It's not Crosby hate.  He's one hell of a player.  I'm just tired of the golden boy syndrome with Bettman and the NHL.  The favorites always seem to end up on top, or recycled throughout the trophy room.

No tinfoil hats needed, but even the reffing in tonight's scrum was atrocious.

That is fair enough. I agree that the reffing was atrocious, however I actually think it was atrocious both ways, and maybe even more in "favour" of the Sharks.

Conn smyth is voted on by the media not the NHL so unless you think Bettman approachs all th emembers of the media and tells him who to vote for he has no say in the process.

I thought he was a bad choice a week or so ago but when i watched a few more games, he was a deserving candidate. Kessel drove the boat offensively, but Crosby drove the entire boat. he was dominante all over the ice and definetly led that team by example. Yes I would have voted for Kessel but I dont' think Crosby was a bad choice. 

Archived