Stanley Cup Final

Flyerfan52

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate the Penguins, but I have money on them to win from before the season started. So go money.

Yeah, money's good.

Couldn't care less about either team.   But I've had Pittsburgh pegged as the best contender from the first round, and I don't see that changing now.

Not a fan of either team. Gut says sharks in 6, but pens winning makes MAF pretty cheaply expendable..so im pulling for the Pens.. :)

I personally hope that Murray falls on his face and they gives the reins back to MAF.  Then he can lose the final games.  Not a big fan of MAF, especially after his display is the ECF.  That is too typical of him in the playoffs.  If we want a regular season goalie, then he is fine.

I personally hope that Murray falls on his face and they gives the reins back to MAF.  Then he can lose the final games.  Not a big fan of MAF, especially after his display is the ECF.  That is too typical of him in the playoffs.  If we want a regular season goalie, then he is fine.

Agree on MAF, still not entirely sure why you want Murray to fall on his face, but I suppose I would too if I had spent the entire season arguing that young goaltenders are unreliable, and betting against the Pens for 3 rounds in row now ;)

Agree on MAF, still not entirely sure why you want Murray to fall on his face, but I suppose I would too if I had spent the entire season arguing that young goaltenders are unreliable, and betting against the Pens for 3 rounds in row now ;)

For a couple of reasons.

One - Penguins player.

Two - reduces the cost of Murray and makes it more likely he is available.

Otio is unreliable.  Murray would be an example of the best AHL experienced goalie out there.  He has two NHL seasons where his numbers were impressive.  He may not be ready to play 50 games in the NHL, but he is darn close.  

The Penguins were fortunate to not have Bishop in nets.  But they are also over-hyped.  Game 6 and 7 were a total miss on Tampa's part.  Weak efforts for most of both games.  

You just....don't....Get it, Do you?

Sorry, but...it's not 2015 still.

Ha ha ha.

Truley I don't think he is available.  He wasn't before the playoffs.  But we are also talking about a unique problem that the Pengies have.  MAF has to approve a trade.  If not traded, and an expansion happens, they have to protect him. So, how do they protect Murray?  They can keep him as late as TDL without losing him for nothing.

There is only so many teams looking for a goalie.  

Ha ha ha.

Truley I don't think he is available.  He wasn't before the playoffs.  But we are also talking about a unique problem that the Pengies have.  MAF has to approve a trade.  If not traded, and an expansion happens, they have to protect him. So, how do they protect Murray?  They can keep him as late as TDL without losing him for nothing.

There is only so many teams looking for a goalie.  

Well, sorry for being harsh and thanks for taking it well :)

There will definitely be some interesting goalies available.   Never liked MAF, myself.   But he's definitely a name.

Don't let me spoil your fun hating the pens....I have no objections.    Just looking at the odds, that's all.

I do not feel strongly about either team winning. The Pens are playing some spirited, strategic hockey. The Sharks, however, have Thornton, Marleau, and Wookie. Overall, I want the Sharks to win, but I think the Pens might pull it off. This one could go either way.

I would like to see Thornton hoist the cup after being treated unfairly for several years. I am surprised he is still a Shark quite franky.

The Pens speed is just proving to be too much for the Sharks from what i've seen. The Sharks were extremely lucky that gave went into O/T last night because the Pens should have won that 3 or 4-0 with the way the dominates the first 48 mins. Maybe the Sharks can build of their finish to the game but i'm skeptical. for most of this series its been Men vs Boys.

I hate it because I hate the Penguins but they are the best team in the NHL right now and i dont' think its that close. The Caps, Bolts and Sharks are 3 of the top teams in the NHL and IMO the Penguins dominated all of them. They only saving grace for the Sharks is the Pens can't seem to get that 2nd or 3rd goal to really put teams away, but they sure do carry the majority of the play. 

Archived