Stanley Cup Final

Flyerfan52

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pittsburgh played such a good team game that I think you could have given it to about 4 guys from that team, Kessel had the most points on the team with 22, but Crosby was right behind him 19, but Crosby also played a more complete game all over the ice, winning faceoffs, blocking shots, playing hard defensively, battling for pucks. Crosby deserved the Conn Smythe.

There are a lot of reasons to not like Crosby.  He's scrappy, he can be dirty, he's sly, and he'll do Anything to give his team the advantage.

But, those are....also, reasons to like him.

Combined with being dubbed "The Next One", and the Hype that comes with that...it's even Harder to like him.

But at the end of the day, there Was a time that Crosby was in pursuit of all Lemieux's records, until the Concussion problems.   Most players would have retired, the loss in abilities being too substantial to keep them in the NHL.   With Crosby, he Lost the ability to ever live up to "the next one".....

And he had to settle for... a legitimate MVP and team player for his 2nd Stanley cup.

Lots to dislike, and lots to like.   Either way, well earned, and Congrats in order to a guy who could have given up the sport, but cared more about winning than being a legend.

p.s....and Holy smokes....Murray and others could have easily won it too.

I did not like Crosby in the beginning because of the constant Crosby hype. Sports media are getting just a little over the top referring to all of these "generational" players (every draft year), whatever that means. Crosby is exceptionally fast, amazing eye-hand coordination, and is willing to work within a coaching structure that reduces his points total. He is impressive. He does whine a lot though.

I would have rather seen Kessel or Murray get the nod for MVP...   ...

Kessel didn't get the Conn Smythe, but he got a nice consolation prize...

a0635d0e6604bc2b2294f05a7148256c.png

Rarely has someone captured one of the thoughts in my head so accurately. The imagery in my head, however, had two patties in the burger.  :lol:

I did not like Crosby in the beginning because of the constant Crosby hype. Sports media are getting just a little over the top referring to all of these "generational" players (every draft year), whatever that means. Crosby is exceptionally fast, amazing eye-hand coordination, and is willing to work within a coaching structure that reduces his points total. He is impressive. He does whine a lot though.

Rarely has someone captured one of the thoughts in my head so accurately. The imagery in my head, however, had two patties in the burger.  :lol:

I agree with everything except the bolded part. Earlier in his career that may have been the case, however over the last couple of seasons that has changed. The playoffs this year was a prime example of how he took a lot of abuse and just skated away. I think that the notion that he whines is one that should and will change as time goes on.

Archived