2015 Free Agency

phoenix66

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like Boyes, but if it came down to signing him I would pass. I think Jones, Colborne or even Porier could produce at the same level and all bring a similar game.

I do like John Moore though but would prefer Schlemko just because of the system fit. If they don't re sign Schlemko I would love to give Moore a shot. Really good looking skater and Hartley's system seems to do a good job of highlighting good puck moving skating dman and minimizing their defensive deficiencies.

My list is short that I'm interested in:

1) Kari Ramo. If you can get him for 3.5 or less on a 3 year deal or less I'm interested in him coming back.

2) If above doesn't work then get Michael Neuvirth. 2 year 2.5 mill per.

3) Michael Frolik - depending on contract. Less then 4 years and 4 mill per I'm interested.

4) Chris Stewart - only on a 1 year deal though.

5) John Moore - reasons said above

6) Coby Robak - I always like him in junior and early on in Florida. Wonder if you can get a deal here that adds depth a the AHL level and another callup option.

• I agree with #1, otherwise go with Hiller into the season to see where he is.
  • #3 is still my favorite target.  I think he fits the Flames speed, and he is true top 6 goal scorer.  He fits short and long term needs.  He is also in that mid-20's age group we are a little lacking in.
  • Does Moore play a good shutdown game?  Not sure if he is any better than Schlemko.

• I agree with #1, otherwise go with Hiller into the season to see where he is.
  • #3 is still my favorite target. I think he fits the Flames speed, and he is true top 6 goal scorer. He fits short and long term needs. He is also in that mid-20's age group we are a little lacking in.
  • Does Moore play a good shutdown game? Not sure if he is any better than Schlemko.

I see Moore as being better than Schlemko. I think Moore plays in our top 6 right now where as Schlemko is a #7 guy/Potter role.

Giordano-Brodie

Russell-Hamilton

Moore-Wideman

Engelland

A few years ago I was pretty big n Franson but that's faded.

If it's roughly the same $s I'd rather keep Wideman then sign Franson.

Same here.  A few years ago, when Franson was a lesser known commodity coming out of Nashville, i thought he was underrated and had top 4 potential while being cast away for basically nothing.

Fast forward to today, he's a top 4 Dman.  Yet, he's not in that bargain bin anymore.  Wideman's game is better overall even for more money.  I wouldn't "trade" Wideman for Franson.

for some strange reason my gut is telling me we end up with Kessel tomorrow.. not sure why .. just a hunch

not even sure if i like or hate the idea..

Maybe we should also trade for Seguin too.  Then we'll have Kessel, Seguin, and Hamilton.  Brian Burke would sleep well at night.

for some strange reason my gut is telling me we end up with Kessel tomorrow.. not sure why .. just a hunch

Hopefully it was just a bad burrito that brought on that nightmare. :)

That would undo the good moves BT made.

I wonder when the verdict will be in on Smid. If he is done I would resign Schlemko and call it a day for the D. Take Wideman into the season.

If Ramo makes his way back to us I think they should sign him on a two way deal.

This leave a decision for 2nd line RW.

I like what Burk said why pay now and cry later In stead of wasting money on free agency we should look at our own we have a couple of good players coming in like Carroll and I like Wolf and I think fer is a main stay we are set why look any future most of those players are going to want way to much next yr there asre going to be some quality players on UFA wait till then

I'd love to see a few cheap Hail Mary passes to get us a decent RW.  Completely off the radar.  2 or 3 of them.

Like, 

Tadej Snoj   http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=98020

*A favourite, because he is so completely, and utterly, off all radar, but makes grown men (ex NHLers) look like amateurs.

VLADISLAV LUHOVYI  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=246161

A favourite, for the same reason

and, the Russians..

Alexander Barabanov  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=87913

TIMUR SHINGAREYEV  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=102397

Of course I don't expect this, but I've been living in a fools paradise ever since Hamilton lol, so you never know.

Now that Hamilton is in place I wouldn't despise a Kessell trade. Before I thought he was the wrong piece because he's a bit one dimensional. Now I'm thinking that could be the addition that puts us over the top.

I would be okay with the following:

Kessel with salary reduced to 6M

For

Granlund, Wotherspoon and a 2nd.

I'm not a fan of Kessel so maybe I'm not the best judge but I think he hit his peak and he'll age before his time.   My crystal ball says he gets lazier, fatter and slower. Too much money to invest.

Archived