2015 Free Agency

phoenix66

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago

CGY on verge of getting Michael Frolik signed on a long term deal.

Frolik on verge of long term deal with Flames.. I like this move as well. Hopefully somewhere around 4Million. He's a quick skilled player and will fit right in flawlessly. BEAUTY!!

If We use advanced stats, we were also one of the worst teams in that aspect. Maybe Ramos numbers improve if the team improves in being out of our own zone more often.

Ramo suffered more from bad coverage than Hiller did.  Hiller let in bad goals at times, while Ramo tended to suffer from multiple shots after the first save.

I am not talking advanced stats Neuvirth had .918 save % while playing on the worst team in the league. Ramo had a .912 save % playing on a playoff team.

I would have no issues with signing Ramo if it was closer to $2mill, but $3.8 is an overpayment by quite a bit. At the end of the day it doesn't really affect Calgary's cap, but if is too much money for a backup/1b goalie.

hmm... don't like Frolik personally.  He did well in the Chicago playoffs and brings Cup experience which is good but after that, i felt he was given a good opportunity with the Jets to elevate his game to the next level and he didn't get the job done.  He's barely a 40-point guy and now he makes more money than Hudler.

I am not talking advanced stats Neuvirth had .918 save % while playing on the worst team in the league. Ramo had a .912 save % playing on a playoff team.

I would have no issues with signing Ramo if it was closer to $2mill, but $3.8 is an overpayment by quite a bit. At the end of the day it doesn't really affect Calgary's cap, but if is too much money for a backup/1b goalie.

If we didn't have a transition game we would have been the worst team in the league last year,

I wasn't sure about the Frolik signing but now that I think about it I'm warming to it.

6'1, 200 lbs...quick winger with a two-way game. Can kill penalties and score. Also plays a strong possession game. 27 years old so we have him for the prime of his career. Potential replacement for Hudler down the line? I feel like Treliving and co. are forward-thinking with this signing. I don't mind it.

But mostly, when I see a guy like David Jones at $4m... this seems like a much better addition. We can afford this, especially with even more money opening up next year. We got better and gave nothing up. Not unreasonable.

The money that we paid for frolik is the going rate for 2nd line forwards, and to be honest if we didn't have Raymond, smid, engelland, Jones etc on the books we would still have lots of cap space.

Also Ramos deal is only 1 year so who cares, it's not like he signed him for 5 years at 3.8 million per.

As of this moment, Michael Frolik is the highest paid forward on the Calgary Flames. Take a deep breathe, think, and tell me if that makes any freakin sense.

Makes sense to me he's going to look great on the second line. And once other contracts come off the books and other big names get their raises it won't matter

I'm elated that we signed Ramo. I don't really care about the dollars because its only a one year contract. The Frolik signing I'm a little more leery about. The panel on TSN were speaking high praise for Frolik saying he is very underrated as a player. Let's hope so.

Archived