Is the Draft Lottery Fixed?

ABC923

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Draft Lottery Fixed?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katz must have some unique talents that we don't see from behind the scenes. Really the kid looked absolutely destroyed, going to EDM is like being told you have a terminal illness. If he has any common sense he won't sign. 

How bad do you have to be where a kid finding out he's going to get drafted by you destroys him?

What happens if McDavid refuses to sign? Can't play NHL for a few years?

Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) tweeted at 6:38 PM on Sat, Apr 18, 2015:

There are a lot of upset NHL executives tonight after seeing the #oilers get another No. 1 pick. Wonder if the system is examined again.

Rob Tychkowski (@Sun_Tychkowski) tweeted at 6:27 PM on Sat, Apr 18, 2015:

In all seriousness. I'm thrilled for Oilers fans; but it's totally obscene that Katz has been rewarded for the way he runs that team.

The Flames were given a steady diet of Gretzky for years while he was in EDM then LA.  Now we are going to face McDavid for years to come.  I guess we will need to find the anti-McDavid Serum if we plan on winning in the future.  When we do win, it will be that much sweeter.

It is better than Toronto. 

Now I am biased because the Oiler's are my 2nd team but there is no saying Lowe and company will not screw this up. Oiler fans are not gloating, nothing is guaranteed. They remain offensively top heavy and no solid D yet. Plus Dubynk is gone... 

They need a huge trade to get some high quality D onto the team... 

It's fing pathetic. How can one team get four first overall picks in six drafts? The NHL loses a lot of credibility on this one.

As for the Oilers, any success they have going forward is tainted. Any lack of success they have going forward is a joke. They are in a lose lose scenario now. Nobody will ever give them any respect. Not in this generation.

Not only one team, but one team of 14 possible teams x 4 years in 6 drafts.  The odds on that are near impossible.

McDavid's face was priceless.  It was slightly better than McCann's "it is what it is" with the Nucks.  :lol:

Now I am biased because the Oiler's are my 2nd team but there is no saying Lowe and company will not screw this up. Oiler fans are not gloating, nothing is guaranteed. They remain offensively top heavy and no solid D yet. Plus Dubynk is gone... 

No TO, Buff, ARZ, CAR all  would have been better options. At least you have someone there with some form of knowledge. I am not concerned that it makes them better, cause there is no one with any form of hockey intellect in that management group. When your GM has J Schultz as a Norris candidate there is a problem. 

It’s the worst possible outcome, for the league that is.

If you continue to send hockey’s best young talent to an organization owned and managed by a group who behave like monkeys year after year after year after year after year after year with no success but rather a continual decline then shame on the league and their rules.  Nobody is happy about this outcome except for a handful who live or had lived north of Red Deer who continue to support this train wreck of an organization.

I can’t imagine other GM’s being happy about this either and I doubt they will be lining up offering high quality dmen for 1OA cast offs or worse talent. 

Things will not improve in EDM so long as KLowe is in charge.  I was starting to feel a little sympathetic for that team and hoped for change in management but now I hope KLowe remains in charge indefinitely just because of his dismal last decade track record.  This team does not deserve a championship, and I doubt now the hockey gods will ever give them a sniff of another one.

McDavid going to the Oilers proves it is not fixed. Why would the league want those bunch of assho@es in the most northerly post in the NHL getting the prize player after they have booted the ball three times already in the past handful of year?

Because they succeeded in securing a new arena.  That's what Pittsburgh did too when they got Crosby.

The system is not fixed but insert another F word that ends with K. When teams are constantly rewarded for incompetency is just wrong. The Oiler's for 9 years just self destructive. This system is like giving an alcohol refuge in a brewery or a drug addict refuge in a pharmaceutical lab. This system keeps feeding the problem, not helping it. McDavid isn't the solution in EDM this just made the problem worse, IMHO. Now can the Oiler's make a move to get better, sure, is there anyone there that is smart enough to do anything?

I think this draft proves that it isn't fixed. The last place the NHL would have wanted McDavid to go is Edmonton. This is not the location to market your next league wide super-star. 

Despite poor seasons, the team is financially sound. The fact Edmonton got yet another #1 overall and a "generational" player at that is proof to me the draft is absolutely not fixed... 

On the bright side we get to see a lot of a great player and the BOA just got a huge shot in the arm. Edm vs Calgary should get closer to the rivalry it once was... 

Archived