(Update) Lance Bouma gets $2.2 AAV for 3 years

JTech780

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's not broken ribs.  I've had broken ribs before and they take forever to heal.

I think we really need Bouma in the lineup.  The Flames don't have the kind of physicality that you need in the playoffs.  (We won game 81 against LA despite being manhandled all over the ice.  That was a real eye-opener for me)

I've been very aware of Bouma's value to the team all season.  The offensive output is just gravy.  I'm willing to wager that BT fielded a lot of inquiries about Bouma at the trade deadline.   

I suspect Lance has some broken ribs, this is just my opinion, no basis except the way the puck hit him in that game.

The general rumor is that he is in a cast (hand) and his hand is broken.  He looked to take it off the hand and was holding it like it was throbbing.

The general rumor is that he is in a cast (hand) and his hand is broken. He looked to take it off the hand and was holding it like it was throbbing.

Pretty much this. I remember that blocked shot and hoped that it wasn't a broken hand later on when he didn't return. It's too bad, we're going to need his style of play sooner then later.

• 3 weeks later...

He's listed as day to day. Maybe we'll see him in Game 5?

My guess is game four. He had a regular Jersey on and was playing with a regular line. He also couldn't stop smiling when asked about if he was playing.

He will probably be listed day to day until the second the game roster is submitted.

When asked, he smiled and said day-to-day.

I would suspect it is either Bouma or Ferland that draws in.  Whichever is healthiest.  Don't think Bob wants to tip his hand yet.  Could be a smokescreen so they aren't scouting Ferland.  Or the potential makes them alter their lineup.  They did have a practice with some of their lines jumbled.  Sekac and Wiz in, Etem's line out, etc.  While they have excellent depth, they could make one too many lineup changes. 

• 1 month later...

Brad Trevling has stated that Lance Bouma is his next priority RFA signing.

Bouma will be eligible for UFA in two years (27 years old).

A natural center, he can play at all three forward positions on the 3rd or 4th lines.

When the Flames were decimated with injuries, he filled in admirably at 2nd line LW.

What length of term do you feel that he will be offered, and for how much money per season?

We all know what GlenX has done.  I’m not suggesting that Bouma will have the same success.  I was simply comparing 2 players at opposite ends of their careers.  One is young and on the rise, while the other is aging and likely on the decline.  They are presently producing at the same rate.  If you had to pick one to invest in moving forward on a rebuilding team which one would it be?  I’ve seen enough of Bouma to have confidence in locking him up for several years.  There is no way he will take another one year deal, unless of course it is extremely heavy, and that is not what is being proposed by some in this thread.

I think Bouma gets a 3 year deal. It gets lost sometimes that Bouma has played mostly C and I wonder if this might be a year he C the 3rd or 4th line ? we have plenty of players for LW and RW to fit in on the 3rd and 4th lines.

I think Bouma gets a 3 year deal. It gets lost sometimes that Bouma has played mostly C and I wonder if this might be a year he C the 3rd or 4th line ? we have plenty of players for LW and RW to fit in on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Three or less is prudent.  Bouma has not been a consistent center for the Flames.  He played LW or RW mostly, so I think we have better options at center.  Shore or Colborne.  Even Arnold. 

Three or less is prudent.  Bouma has not been a consistent center for the Flames.  He played LW or RW mostly, so I think we have better options at center.  Shore or Colborne.  Even Arnold. 

Here again I think Bouma's versatility allows him to try some different lines. Shore has been used at both C and RW, he may get his opportunity on the 4th line RW. I don't think Arnold will crack the roster. Colborne, who knows where he fits this year.

Here again I think Bouma's versatility allows him to try some different lines. Shore has been used at both C and RW, he may get his opportunity on the 4th line RW. I don't think Arnold will crack the roster. Colborne, who knows where he fits this year.

I agree he is versatile, but that doesn't make him a good center.  We have lots of better options.  He is ok as an injury fill-in, but prefer him to be used with a defensive center on PK, and a wing spot at even.

Love the guy. He epitomizes the new culture of the Flames, sacrifices his body for the team, never gives up on the play, is solid on the PK, and provides secondary scoring (4th on the team in goals scored behind only the #1 line).

$1.5M/yr seems like good value. I like a 3 yr term, but I wouldn't go longer as I have concerns with his durability / longevity based on how he plays the game.

I like him on the wing being able to play up and down the lineup (lines 2 thru 4), knowing he can step into center if called on, but would look to others to play center.

Love the guy. He epitomizes the new culture of the Flames, sacrifices his body for the team, never gives up on the play, is solid on the PK, and provides secondary scoring (4th on the team in goals scored behind only the #1 line).

$1.5M/yr seems like good value. I like a 3 yr term, but I wouldn't go longer as I have concerns with his durability / longevity based on how he plays the game.

I like him on the wing being able to play up and down the lineup (lines 2 thru 4), knowing he can step into center if called on, but would look to others to play center.

This is the way I feel about the player.  He is one of those guys that you want to see succeed, but won't be disappointed if he only gets 20 points in a season.  His true value is as a 3/4 PK-ing, blocking, hitting winger that can chip in on scoring and up his game depending on his usage.  If Bollig was that kind of player, nobody would complain.  $1.5m over 3 years is no insult.  Backlund got that over two years last time, and earned a raise.

Between Bouma and Ferland, we have guys that deliver the hits and some offense.  We have to spend the bigger dollars on offense or defense.

Archived