All Things Klowe

s4xon

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=546681&catid=4

Jones was pretty worked up over losing.  He talks about the blame game that's going on towards upper management, but he states it's the players' fault that they're losing.

14,500 fans on Lowe Must Go FB page say otherwise.  Draw your own conclusions. 

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=546681&catid=4

Jones was pretty worked up over losing.  He talks about the blame game that's going on towards upper management, but he states it's the players' fault that they're losing.

14,500 fans on Lowe Must Go FB page say otherwise.  Draw your own conclusions. 

The feels in this video, felt bad for the guy as he is a good hard worker... Unfortunately for oilers they gave leadership to rookies and a third line d man but gave him first line minutes. Nothing changes until they change the culture, either by management or personnel, there is serious question marks on a number of young players for a full 60 min commitment. I don't even know if Eakins is allowed to limit the ice times of players like Eberle,hall,RNH,jschultz. He'll limiting yaks ice time got his agent to fly into Edmonton and go to the media.

I was on the Oilers website and came across a video of the infamous Burke Lowe feud. I wish I knew how to download i for viewing.

I totally forgot about the whole process. Burke was pissed lowe signed Dustin Penner to an offer sheet which sparked the whole ordeal.

Which is not the actual part that is interesting, it is Lowe's assesment of Van and Anaheim. It truely shows that this guy has no clue about what success club should be designed. 

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kevin+lowe+on+brian+burke&qpvt=kevin+lowe+on+brian+burke&FORM=VDRE

I think I brought in the whole thing, oops. It is under the title Burke blasts lowe.

MOD EDIT: Found this video (audio loses sync about 1/2 of the way in)

• 1 month later...

I think the thing that boggles my mind most about KLowe is he was a Dman. All those years playing D, all those rings and he has not figured out that you should build a hockey team from the goal out.

They have suffered with a substandard D barely AHL standard and he hasn't seen it.

I think the thing that boggles my mind most about KLowe is he was a Dman. All those years playing D, all those rings and he has not figured out that you should build a hockey team from the goal out.

They have suffered with a substandard D barely AHL standard and he hasn't seen it.

I never thought that Lowe was that great of a D either...   But he was surrounded by talent a number of seasons, and that also padded his stats, some years more than others...

• 7 months later...

Bronco... very disappointed in you...

Recent discussion on "this KLowe thread" over in the Oiler Forums. And it appears to me the Gag order seems pretty much still in force. 

53b0b02b2a84666844759f4c2d35c83f.png

Then shortly after admitted he had never even read this thread... *sigh*

ba67437760bdefe972c0eef33c134bd6.png

So around and around it still goes....

Bronco... very disappointed in you...

Recent discussion on "this KLowe thread" over in the Oiler Forums. And it appears to me the Gag order seems pretty much still in force. 

53b0b02b2a84666844759f4c2d35c83f.png

Then shortly after admitted he had never even read this thread... *sigh*

ba67437760bdefe972c0eef33c134bd6.png

So around and around it still goes....

DD, I read your posts over there & you were pushing things too hard.

You exceeded limits & started coming across as a troll rather then a hockey fan.

I'll back you when you are right but you came across as merely picking fights.

Bronco was rather restrained in his replies as he had justification to ban you.

You were in the wrong this time Bud.

DD, I read your posts over there & you were pushing things too hard.

You exceeded limits & started coming across as a troll rather then a hockey fan.

I'll back you when you are right but you came across as merely picking fights.

Bronco was rather restrained in his replies as he had justification to ban you.

You were in the wrong this time Bud.

yes I pushed the envelope a bit but you were not privy to the PM's Bronco and I had about it.

Still a bit disappointed with Bronc and his comments about this thread having never read it.

Never even knew this existed until a while ago.  Curiosity got the best of me when you made your apology thread.

I'm not here to judge what the Oilers board decides can and can't be said.  Just stating my opinion.  I rarely visit the forums very much anymore, at least not many of the threads because they're all doom and gloom full of doom and gloom people saying repetitive things.  Kevin Lowe was one of them.  To my very brief knowledge not looking into it much, there was threads upon threads bashing Klowe.  Like all the other bashing threads I didn't bother to enter them.  Suppose it didn't matter to me much that it wasn't allowed, but I kind of understand to an extent anyways.  Not that I'm agreeing with the decision to silence comments against the guy, but it's not affecting me personally.

I prefer to keep the doom and gloom as low as it needs to be for myself.  Yeah hockey's my escape from reality for a bit, and it's been a really frickin poor one for the most part.  Been beaten down over and over again to the point where I almost don't care about playoffs or whatever.  I'm still trying to find the positives in the team, and enjoy what they do accomplish, both the team and the players.  I don't 100% know what the problem or problems are to pinpoint them, and it's really out of my control.  It's management doing what they do, coaches doing what they do, and players doing what they do.  It has nothing to do with me and I can't change it.  So why complain out loud and just annoy the other users (although I do lapse at times).  Hemer83 isn't the only one to have left.  Many have left due to being annoyed by the other fans constantly complaining.  I was wondering what happened to many of em.  Answers one of em I guess.  I liked that guy too, he was cool with good opinions.  I've practically left too.  I post in fantasy league stuff, GDT's once, and maybe add to a thread that happens to pique my interest, which is rare.

Honestly too, I'm really not a competitive person either (why I rarely post here).  I don't care about the Edmonton Calgary rivalry that much.  I grew up in both cities, live with lots of family on either side and don't dislike the flames.  Not to say I don't enjoy the games in that rivalry aspect of fun, but people trying to bash my team to me aren't going to get much out of it..  Once again, my teams matters are out of my control, as is everyone's and there's no sense bragging about things you are I are not accomplishing.

Just enjoy what it is, all I'm about.  Even if there's very little of that in 8 years.... Oi...........

To realize that the voices of your Fan base are being muzzled and deleted is incomprehensible.  It reminds me of a dictatorship that required elimination a few years back in Iraq.  Is Lowe the new Sadam?  I don’t understand the hold Lowe has on that team.  He has brought zero success to that organization in the past 8 years, even with all the 1st OA picks, yet he continues to hold power.  This would also support the belief that present ownership there has garnered little to no respect in the hockey world.

yes I pushed the envelope a bit but you were not privy to the PM's Bronco and I had about it.

Still a bit disappointed with Bronc and his comments about this thread having never read it.

I didn't read the thread here because I knew that it was at least in part about me and the posts that were removed from the message board.  I do not remove posts critical of management UNLESS they are insulting and/or abusive, which is a rule on our forum no matter who the poster is addressing.

You are right nobody was privy to our private conversation, so I will make them privy to it.  

First image you telling me it was a verbatim post from a former Oiler forum member. 

Second image me telling you it was not verbatim (He may have claimed it to be when he posted it here, but it was not). 

Third image, screenshot of that members original post from the Oilers forum showing the FULL content of his post.

Fourth image, me attempting to make amends with you. 

I sincerely hope that you do not stay away from the forum DD.  As I said, I value your opinion and disagreements are really part of what help make a forum thrive.  I just don't want a minor disagreement between us to ruin our "frienemy" status ;) .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived