All Things Klowe

s4xon

It is getting absolutely stupid on the OMB right now. Now, I can't even explain to people what happened. If I even mention the facebook page, I get told off by the admin. Like, come on. I wasn't even bashing Lowe.

Big thank you for helping out. I'm more impressed with you guys on here right now than the people on my own damn board -_-.

PMing might come in major handy now.

News of the deleted posts on the OMB are now making its way into blogs and news sites.

5cff48d4ea0d13c1c79cbfd0cfebc351.png

http://my.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15898&user_id=157880

Of course they don't have irrefutable proof that the mandate came down from above, but it's making waves no less.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OilerPensfan,

I would appreciate it if you would stop discusssing the Lowe facebook page etc.  We have been very clear that it is off limits on the forum so I would appreciate your co-operation.  Also the thread you created asking who was staying and who is going is now locked. We don't need a "petition" type of thread about it , those people will make their own decisions. 

Please stick to hockey talk.

Thanks,

A9

This is what A9 said to me in a PM.

It's still there. You can't post there though. Absolutely stupid. Oh yeah, and above is what A9 told me.

They were in damage control mode when I asked for clarification on what their policy was yesterday. One of the mods claimed that it was in fact NOT from higher up and they were simply curtailing the personal attacks, but everyone who was there and who saw what actually happened knows that it was wholesale censorship. ENTIRE threads were deleted. I was told by one of the higher up admins that they were being reviewed and edited for T&C violations and would later find their way back onto the boards, but I have yet to see that happen.

I honestly can't blame the moderation staff as I genuinely feel they have been told to do this from higher up. There is simply no other explanation. 

They were in damage control mode when I asked for clarification on what their policy was yesterday. One of the mods claimed that it was in fact NOT from higher up and they were simply curtailing the personal attacks, but everyone who was there and who saw what actually happened knows that it was wholesale censorship. ENTIRE threads were deleted. I was told by one of the higher up admins that they were being reviewed and edited for T&C violations and would later find their way back onto the boards, but I have yet to see that happen.

I honestly can't blame the moderation staff as I genuinely feel they have been told to do this from higher up. There is simply no other explanation. 

SELF EDIT

also, information ive had relayed to me by those in the know..

"I know. Personally, as an individual, I think everyone should be able to express their opinion. But since the team is the one paying the bills for the board, they get final say over what can and can't be posted. 

I guess they look at it as people biting the hand that feeds them. It just came down a short time ago from way higher than any of the mods or admins. "

"I know. Personally, as an individual, I think everyone should be able to express their opinion. But since the team is the one paying the bills for the board, they get final say over what can and can't be posted. 

I guess they look at it as people biting the hand that feeds them. It just came down a short time ago from way higher than any of the mods or admins. "

Biting the hand that feed them?  Isn't it the fans that feed the Oilers? 

Maybe Bettman should give KLown a call and tell him that the NHL team sites are not meant to discourage discussion.  The fans ultimately pay for everything associated with hockey, whether by ad revenue, merchandise, or ticket sales.

On one hand this is really funny, if only because it reminds me of how the American Government tried to enforce SOPA and PIPA and the correlation is amusing....on the other hand, it's just really sad how low an organization can go. Whether or not the allegations are true (iffy on the hfboards and the whole hiring PR one) the fact that people think it's a legitimate possibility is telling.

My only experience with the OMB was some angry drunk back and forths (and over the internet no less, classy stuff :lol:), but I always figured if I was gonna port over my draft rankings to other boards, I'd start with the Oilers first and see where it goes. It's more fun to have people who differ in opinion rather than sheep following a shepherd.

I'm sorry to Oillio and the others if that's really what's going on in Oilersland, hope you guys enjoy going to other boards to avoid the mess. I know I call elbowing on you guys for being "those fans" but no one should be censored for speaking their mind.

On one hand this is really funny, if only because it reminds me of how the American Government tried to enforce SOPA and PIPA and the correlation is amusing....on the other hand, it's just really sad how low an organization can go. Whether or not the allegations are true (iffy on the hfboards and the whole hiring PR one) the fact that people think it's a legitimate possibility is telling.

My only experience with the OMB was some angry drunk back and forths (and over the internet no less, classy stuff :lol:), but I always figured if I was gonna port over my draft rankings to other boards, I'd start with the Oilers first and see where it goes. It's more fun to have people who differ in opinion rather than sheep following a shepherd.

I'm sorry to Oillio and the others if that's really what's going on in Oilersland, hope you guys enjoy going to other boards to avoid the mess. I know I call elbowing on you guys for being "those fans" but no one should be censored for speaking their mind.

thanks for your condolence, we really are in a sad state right now and im at the lowest point ive ever been at as a fan. 

also, i'd like to say that the hf thread has now been deleted and the two supposed oiler PR accounts have been merged together as 1 new account because posters there were going to investigate the IP addresses to confirm their suspicions. before they could do so the 2 accounts were disbanded.

thanks for your condolence, we really are in a sad state right now and im at the lowest point ive ever been at as a fan. 

also, i'd like to say that the hf thread has now been deleted and the two supposed oiler PR accounts have been merged together as 1 new account because posters there were going to investigate the IP addresses to confirm their suspicions. before they could do so the 2 accounts were disbanded.

I was reading this thread you linked and when I clicked to read page 2 and it said invalid thread error message. I have not been able to get back into the thread since.

I wish I had taken a screen shot of at least the first post as it was a bunch of linked posts on the PR company and a collection of thoughts about it.

HF Boards closed this Pro-Klowe post

952ba892291b8b6f39fe17115f2de72a.png

and his link to this very Pro-KLowe blog:

http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/HH0425.php

What is really interesting is the Pro-KLowe Blogger has a "Should the Oilers fire Klowe?" poll on that page and the present results are:

2ef6439e43bc38a356d4e08087636847.png

Edit:

And the cleansing continues over at FH board with the closure of this 34 page 841+ post thread:

84a3971da10bb3a8b96c6085daecd5dc.png

Edit: Edit:

Seems the HF Boards are in full cleanup mode now too. Both Pro and Con KLowe threads are being closed:

593d2f7da8c251dd95efebac48e4a0b5.png

I suppose I need to find a new team to support. I'm no longer an Oilers fan and not because of on-ice performance. This is low and petty of management to be making such a spiel against fans, myself included for voicing opinions. Albeit I don't concern myself too deeply with the manner I do disagree with them in principle.

I'm thinking I'm a Habs fan now. On the rebound :P

I suppose I need to find a new team to support. I'm no longer an Oilers fan and not because of on-ice performance. This is low and petty of management to be making such a spiel against fans, myself included for voicing opinions. Albeit I don't concern myself too deeply with the manner I do disagree with them in principle.

I'm thinking I'm a Habs fan now. On the rebound :P

Well the Habs are probably the closest Canadian team to a SC followed by Sens and then maybe the Nucks but the Nucks are on the downward slide. Not sure where to rank Leafs anymore they are too much of a Jekyll and Hyde team.

Well the Habs are probably the closest Canadian team to a SC followed by Sens and then maybe the Nucks but the Nucks are on the downward slide. Not sure where to rank Leafs anymore they are too much of a Jekyll and Hyde team.

Yeah they're a helluva team. At first glance I find them appealing because of their storied history though. I'm one of those guys who doesn't always pick a winner. In fact, I admire the player management relations of your own team.

When you consider what is happening and that post from hilly(mod) when he mentioned that the marching orders came from higher up..then you can get a clearer idea what is going on.  Are these just politics what is really going on? I have no evidence one way or the other, but this stuff does not normally happen all on its own. I see a bunch of blogs, articles lately coming to the defense of KLowe. Some make no sense or have little reasoning/facts behind the blogs. I have seen on your boards posters with just a few posts suddenly become a heavy poster in support of KLowe.  Then you also have to wonder are today's trades a part of all this too? Deflect the attention off the KLowe situation and criticisms and all the Admins shutting down those criticisms?? Give them something else to talk about??? I am not saying this is the case, but how can you just dismiss those thoughts without some serious consideration.

Well the optics of this situation certainly point to what you're saying. The HF Oil boards have been inundated with new posters strongly backing the organization and even giving us history lessons on Lowe and what his accomplishments in Edmonton have been. (Like Oilers fans don't already know everything there is to know about him) it's just become absolutely ridiculous and IMO embarrassing for the organization this week. Who thought that something could surpass the teams on ice record for embarrassing this year? When I heard about the trades yesterday the first thing I thought was that the timing suggested that it was meant to be a distraction from all the off ice stuff. Just getting harder and harder to stomach every day.

its funny as hell they would make mention of biting the hand that feeds them when they've been doing it to Oilers fans for years.

I was reading this thread you linked and when I clicked to read page 2 and it said invalid thread error message. I have not been able to get back into the thread since.

I wish I had taken a screen shot of at least the first post as it was a bunch of linked posts on the PR company and a collection of thoughts about it.

which raises even more suspicion, because NOT ONCE have i seen a thread deleted on HF. Not one single time. The mods there just lock threads. seems to me that the fans stumbled onto something they werent supposed to.

Well the optics of this situation certainly point to what you're saying. The HF Oil boards have been inundated with new posters strongly backing the organization and even giving us history lessons on Lowe and what his accomplishments in Edmonton have been. (Like Oilers fans don't already know everything there is to know about him) it's just become absolutely ridiculous and IMO embarrassing for the organization this week. Who thought that something could surpass the teams on ice record for embarrassing this year? When I heard about the trades yesterday the first thing I thought was that the timing suggested that it was meant to be a distraction from all the off ice stuff. Just getting harder and harder to stomach every day.

(9 years and 35k posts and this poster believes they are getting PM's from this PR machines Minions.)

c7491876d2903770b00dcd6a4514aafa.png

Archived