All Things Klowe

s4xon

This is a page for Oilers fans to chime in about the President of their hockey club as their voices aren't allowed to be heard over on the Oilers boards, and anything Kevin Lowe related has been deleted.  We only ask that you keep it clean.

Flames fans: please refrain from slandering the Oilers fans, leave that for the Oilers thread, this is a gesture for mutual respect.

Oilers fans: consider this a safe haven to voice your opinions.  You fans deserve better.  Enjoy. :)

Signed,

Calgaryflames.com Mod Team.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he deserves 4 more years to see how his plan will truly pan out. I mean Mac T was just re-hired.. that was a Lowe move.  They should be allowed to ride it out for 4 more yrs like how every GM should be given a 5 yr window.

This is my hope and prayer for the Oilers organization.  Firing people is also mean.  

Nice (& compasionate) move s4. I'd give you a thumbs up if we could do that for mods.

Although there is a (usually) friendly rivalry a lot of the hard done by Oiler fans are knowledgable fans that merit respect. It's sad they have to come to the board of a rival team to get it.

Even the thread a long time poster started there to say goodbye is gone. It must be hard  on the diehards that provided so much support over the lean years to find the organization places no value on them.

One of my status updates was deleted too. I said in it that I was staying put and how ridiculous all of this was.

It's shameful IMO...

Send word to your fellow boardies over there.  Mods will approve the opening posts for new members and they can come post here for all of their Lowe blows, concerns, and rants.

It's shameful IMO...

Send word to your fellow boardies over there.  Mods will approve the opening posts for new members and they can come post here for all of their Lowe blows, concerns, and rants.

We need to make it clear though that things will be kept respectable. We don't want to bash him too much.

I PMed a few people. Might do more yet. We'll see.

We need to make it clear though that things will be kept respectable. We don't want to bash him too much.

I PMed a few people. Might do more yet. We'll see.

As has been stated above in the first post, this thread will be kept clean by both Oilers and Flames fans alike, and will be moderated. 

This is not a Kevin Lowe bashing thread.  It's a place for Oilers fans to be able to talk freely about Kevin Lowe without interference from higher powers, as it is and should be their right.

As has been stated above in the first post, this thread will be kept clean by both Oilers and Flames fans alike, and will be moderated. 

This is not a Kevin Lowe bashing thread.  It's a place for Oilers fans to be able to talk freely about Kevin Lowe without interference from higher powers, as it is and should be their right.

Ok. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks for suggesting this.

BTW, is there anyway you can fix the fact that I'm an anonymous user?

All I can really say about the whole thing is that it is a sad day in Oilers history when fans are actually being given a voice on the Flames board while being silenced on their own. I don't know if the directive came from the oilers brass or if the mods were just in damage control or what, but to be forced to come here to speak freely is incredibly insulting. It's absolutely shameful and just another black eye on our once proud franchise.

I know our two fanbases have a lot of animosity and we're always going to hate each others teams, but I feel obligated to extend a thank you to the moderation staff here for allowing your sworn enemies to speak their minds.

PS: You guys still suck for rigging the Edmonton Sun poll ;)

All I can really say about the whole thing is that it is a sad day in Oilers history when fans are actually being given a voice on the Flames board while being silenced on their own. I don't know if the directive came from the oilers brass or if the mods were just in damage control or what, but to be forced to come here to speak freely is incredibly insulting. It's absolutely shameful and just another black eye on our once proud franchise.

I know our two fanbases have a lot of animosity and we're always going to hate each others teams, but I feel obligated to extend a thank you to the moderation staff here for allowing your sworn enemies to speak their minds.

there was a post by Hill Cat at 11:30 last night in Fogolin 2's thread "It seems we are no longer allowed to discuss anything Kevin Lowe related." Hill Cat said the decision to delete the Lowe threads was not made by the moderators or the administrators but that it came from higher up. This morning that post was replaced by the post from Admin 9 saying the Lowe bashing had gone on long enough and they were putting a stop to it. Draw your own conclusions.

I am pretty sure that came form the Flames Fans over on the HF Boards. I don't think I have seen anyone around these boards mention the poll. I saw two polls when over on your boards when I followed the links to the Edmonton Sun links and the Edmonton Journal links in a different thread.

Anyway. Welcome to our boards and yes it is a shame that you guys can't voice your opinion on the Oiler Boards.

-DD-

I am pretty sure that came form the Flames Fans over on the HF Boards. I don't think I have seen anyone around these boards mention the poll. I saw two polls when over on your boards when I followed the links to the Edmonton Sun links and the Edmonton Journal links in a different thread.

Anyway. Welcome to our boards and yes it is a shame that you guys can't voice your opinion on the Oiler Boards.

-DD-

It was tongue in cheek of course, but yes. It came from calgarypuck, and thanks!  :)

there was a post by Hill Cat at 11:30 last night in Fogolin 2's thread "It seems we are no longer allowed to discuss anything Kevin Lowe related." Hill Cat said the decision to delete the Lowe threads was not made by the moderators or the administrators but that it came from higher up. This morning that post was replaced by the post from Admin 9 saying the Lowe bashing had gone on long enough and they were putting a stop to it. Draw your own conclusions.

I'll take Hill Cat's word over that of most others.

As DD said, you are welcome to express your opinion about Lowe here.

It was good of s4 to start this & I hope no fans of either team abuse it. His instructions are basic so let's be respectful of each other as we are actually all on the same side in this thread. Let's leave the rivalry for other threads.

what polls are these? i did not see the thread and poking my head around those boards now i cant find it either.

Edmonton sun and canoe both had polls for whether Lowe should be fired. The canoe one had 90 % yes. But the sun one was more even and at one point had more no than yes. Flames fans tampered with the sun poll. To my knowledge, no one on here was involved.

In relations to the OMB, there's a very good reason why I left that place back I'm 2008. The place is very censored and it really doesn't surprise me that the Admins are forced to delete any thread Klown related. Considering my history there.... yeah.... I feel for the veteran members who have been through that period with the old admins who were... well.... interesting?

Now having to deal with that? Ugh no wonder why so many go to twitter, Facebook or HF now.

As for Kevin Lowe, I'm definitely not a supporter and I wish Katz would let go of personal friendships and do business instead. I mean in the beginning Katz was glowing over Klown, in articles mentioning that Klown can teach him the ins and outs of the hockey world and that they're good friends. Meh....

Klown was controversial, he grabbed headlines and what he says is pretty unprofessional. I feel as though he's holding the team back being the person with the final say. Also the hiring of MacTavish is a major mistake in my eyes because that duo didn't work since the early 2000's until the streaky chance of 2006....

Now all the sudden they have permanent jobs because of the old school club and one year of playoffs? Haaaaaaaa....

The team needs to make decisions faster on quit rolling the dice on coaching.... stick to a great professional coach and let the players stop being whiny prima donnas already.

It is getting absolutely stupid on the OMB right now. Now, I can't even explain to people what happened. If I even mention the facebook page, I get told off by the admin. Like, come on. I wasn't even bashing Lowe.

Big thank you for helping out. I'm more impressed with you guys on here right now than the people on my own damn board -_-.

PMing might come in major handy now.

When you consider what is happening and that post from hilly(mod) when he mentioned that the marching orders came from higher up..then you can get a clearer idea what is going on.

It is getting absolutely stupid on the OMB right now. Now, I can't even explain to people what happened. If I even mention the facebook page, I get told off by the admin. Like, come on. I wasn't even bashing Lowe.

Big thank you for helping out. I'm more impressed with you guys on here right now than the people on my own damn board -_-.

PMing might come in major handy now.

Are these just politics what is really going on? I have no evidence one way or the other, but this stuff does not normally happen all on its own.

I see a bunch of blogs, articles lately coming to the defense of KLowe. Some make no sense or have little reasoning/facts behind the blogs. I have seen on your boards posters with just a few posts suddenly become a heavy poster in support of KLowe. 

Then you also have to wonder are today's trades a part of all this too? Deflect the attention off the KLowe situation and criticisms and all the Admins shutting down those criticisms?? Give them something else to talk about??? I am not saying this is the case, but how can you just dismiss those thoughts without some serious consideration.

Archived