All Things Klowe

s4xon

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn got to be pretty hard being an oiler fan with that crap going on your boards.   That is just classless.

I know we love to hate you guys but welcome to our forums.  Vent away and enjoy you stay the fans deserve better than that.

It's died down a bit, although I'm sure that if we mentioned Lowe, they wouldn't be happy.

Heartbreaker beat me to it but for those too lazy to click, here is the copy and pasted version.

Daryl Katz's message to fans.

To Oilers Fans Everywhere:

We all thought this was going to be the year the Oilers turned the corner. Obviously, that hasn't happened, and it hurts. It's frustrating – for all of us. For our fans, for our players and staff, and for everyone in our community who shares a common bond around a game, a team and a city that we love.

I know this will almost certainly be the eighth consecutive year since we made the playoffs. I hate that fact as much as anyone, but the reality is that this is only year four of the rebuild that started when we draftedTaylor Hall. The good news, if you can call it that, is that other teams that committed to fundamental rebuilds went through the same kind of droughts over the same kind of time frames, or longer. That doesn't make it fun for anyone; it just means we have to stay the course.

Yes, we hoped and expected to be better this year – there's no question about that. But we've also been more active than any team I can think of in rebuilding our organization from bottom to top by supporting player development in OKC and Bakersfield, revamping our scouting organization, naming a new GM and a new coach, signing free agents likeJustin SchultzBoyd GordonAndrew FerenceAnton Belov andIlya Bryzgalov, and trading for players like David Perron, and nowBen Scrivens and Matt Hendricks. And we're not done.

But I can also tell you that we are not going to sacrifice the future by doing something short-term. Those days are over and they're not coming back. If we're going to rebuild, we want to do it right and we only want to do it once.

I hear a lot from fans about accountability, so let's be clear. We are all accountable. That includes me, Kevin, Craig, Dallas, every player who wears our jersey, and every member of our staff. I know Kevin is the target of a lot of personal attacks right now, and that's really unfortunate. Kevin is a big part of our organization, and it's not just the Oilers that value his knowledge and perspective. He is consistently chosen, year after year, to play a leadership role with Hockey Canada. But when it comes down to it, this is Craig MacTavish's team. He is the GM. He makes the calls, and he is accountable for building a team that can compete for the Stanley Cup -- year in and year out for years to come.

That's our vision. We are committed to it -- and we're confident that we are on the right track.

Our fans have been incredibly patient and supportive. At the same time, we know there's a lot of frustration and we are asking you to hang in there while we fight through this and put the next few pieces of the team in place.

I'll tell you this, despite everything, we all wear our Oilers colours with the same pride now as we ever have, and as we will when we're back on top. We hope you'll do the same.

We value our fans, we hear you, and we appreciate your support.

Daryl Katz

I can't see that letter doing anything but making those who were angry even moreso. He basically said, "Sorry, we're going to keep doing exactly what we're doing despite the results. It'll all be okay, trust us! Oh, and stop picking on Kevin."

Hmm, might be a good time to get into the pitchfork and torch selling business  :ph34r:

whats funny is the oiler community generally is in support of the letter and feel it cleared the air. Im in support of what everyone here as been saying and its more of a smoke screen to protect his buddy Klowe.

with the addition of "moves will be made" and how MacT has been saying something big is in the works, everyone has been speculating that ebs/yak/ maybe even JSchultz. But i had a weird feeling when reading that (its crazy i know) that I wouldnt be surprised to see Hall's name traded... He would easily garnish the most return, and maybe other GMs would feed the thought that even without Hall the oilers still have a plethra of talent up front and the return (maybe for a stud D man) needs to be of equal worth. I mean the Oilers have done crazier things and still fed the kool-aid to the fans.

whats funny is the oiler community generally is in support of the letter and feel it cleared the air. Im in support of what everyone here as been saying and its more of a smoke screen to protect his buddy Klowe.

with the addition of "moves will be made" and how MacT has been saying something big is in the works, everyone has been speculating that ebs/yak/ maybe even JSchultz. But i had a weird feeling when reading that (its crazy i know) that I wouldnt be surprised to see Hall's name traded... He would easily garnish the most return, and maybe other GMs would feed the thought that even without Hall the oilers still have a plethra of talent up front and the return (maybe for a stud D man) needs to be of equal worth. I mean the Oilers have done crazier things and still fed the kool-aid to the fans.

There is a very vocal minority of Lowe supporters. They troll every single comments section on every single blog, forum, and news site but they are generally the same handful of people. The majority of Oilers fans aren't buying into Katz letter (myself included). Not much you can do when the billionaire owner comes right out and says Lowe is safe except for keep protesting.

I'm not entirely sure if we should read too much into the letter anyways, as Katz released a similar statement about Craig Mactavish when he was head coach, and then Mactavish was gone the very next off season. 

There is a very vocal minority of Lowe supporters. They troll every single comments section on every single blog, forum, and news site but they are generally the same handful of people. The majority of Oilers fans aren't buying into Katz letter (myself included). Not much you can do when the billionaire owner comes right out and says Lowe is safe except for keep protesting.

I'm not entirely sure if we should read too much into the letter anyways, as Katz released a similar statement about Craig Mactavish when he was head coach, and then Mactavish was gone the very next off season. 

Thanks for the info trollbalini, and your right you can keep protesting but the owner pretty much spelled it out that Lowe is here to stay so I guess you just have to hope that the four years prior to the rebuild Katz speaks of is a blip or part of the matrix and Lowe had nothing to do with it lol.

MacT is gonna get hung out to dry if the oilers don't make the playoffs in 2 years that's a guarantee.

At the beginning of the season I spoke with a friend of mine at length about how to fix the Oilers, and we both agreed that if you've got to move one of "the big three", it has to be Hall. He has by far the most value, and now he's on the big league contract. I think if Yakupov can get it together he's got the same upside, plus the Oilers have him on the cheap for another season. 

You have to keep the centre (RNH), and I think that it'd be a mistake to trade Eberle. If they're thinking about that, I think that MacT should give BB a call to orchestrate the first ever block buster between the Alberta rivals. 

Love. 

I ventured over there last night and managed to read what you said. I've gotten to see first hand what everyone is talking about.

Message boards, while they are provided by the big club, are for the fans and the fans alone.  Let them vent, let them rant, let them cheer, or call for heads in regards to firing.  It's a place to keep everyone in discussion 'corralled.'  Doctoring what they say is an invasion of privacy and only causes a spread of distension amongst the whole fanbase, and even non-fans, beyond the borders of the message boards.

It's disgusting.

We could use a mod like you over there.

May I suggest a trade or are you a FA?  

i dont know about that...

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/01/20/edmonton-oilers-owner-daryl-katz-backs-up-kevin-lowe-in-letter/

scroll to the poll and click on view results

The NHL, from a business standpoint, is trying its best to evolve away from its traditional gate driven model and move towards a new TV revenue generated model much like the NFL.  What helps an NFL team like the Green Bay Packers compete with the New York Jets will help an NHL team like the Edmonton Oilers compete with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In other words, the Edmonton Oilers cannot and should not be focused on revenue at the gate anymore.  It HAS to be in favour of the fans watching TV from home pumping up the viewership and raising the price of broadcasting rights, which in turn, the NHL sells to TV stations and shares the revenue back to the Edmonton Oilers so they can afford a team at the salary cap maximum and compete with the likes of a Chicago Blackhawks.

Tier 1 fans should be the ones tuning in to watch on TV.  A President who hasn't clued into this has some problems.

^ ^

Those of you that stick with the Oilers & continue to speak out with all the BS happening around your team have a lot of respect from those that love hockey. No matter what management pulls out (& much of it should alienate even hard core fans) you stick with your colors.

Others have rolled over & accepted the company line that someday things will get better but some question & push for better. You are probably the truest (& least liked by management) of the Oiler fans.

Keep letting them know you root for the crest rather then the OBC & whatever they say will restore a once powerful team when they keep tarnishing that image.

BTW, if KLowe had 5-6 wedding rings would that make him an expert on marriage? :lol:

^ ^

Those of you that stick with the Oilers & continue to speak out with all the BS happening around your team have a lot of respect from those that love hockey. No matter what management pulls out (& much of it should alienate even hard core fans) you stick with your colors.

Others have rolled over & accepted the company line that someday things will get better but some question & push for better. You are probably the truest (& least liked by management) of the Oiler fans.

Keep letting them know you root for the crest rather then the OBC & whatever they say will restore a once powerful team when they keep tarnishing that image.

BTW, if KLowe had 5-6 wedding rings would that make him an expert on marriage? :lol:

Exactly FF

Archived