s4xon

27 minutes ago, cross16 said:

that being said i'm not opposed to where you are going with this but only for Lehtonen, not Niemi. Unofrtunatley it sounds like Dallas is content to keep Lehtonen and buyout Niemi but if they want to say the buyout money I'd gladly discuss Lehtonen. If you could get Anaheim's first rounder and Lehtonen that would be a deal i'd do in a heartbeat. 

So you counter with,

To Flames,

Lehtonen

Niemi

Anaheim 1st round pick

To Stars,

Brouwer

Looks good to me.  Again, we have no goalies right now.  Lehtonen is slightly better than Elliott skill-wise. Niemi could bounce back since we have better D than the Stars.

7 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

But im wondering what talbots numbers were against playoff teams before his trade, 

Just looking at the season before he got traded, it was .928

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

it definitely can happen ..   in some scenarios it makes sense

its a slight twist on the picks to take a certain player  teams will do .. without picking a player 

IF LV isnt high on much on our exposed roster,   they agree to sign the player .. we give them draft picks to trade him back 

both teams benefit

in Reality a team like Phoenix makes more sense.. not much they would likely want there 

No that can't. You can't trade a player back to his original team until January.

Toward that end, the expansion team will be allowed to trade any player selected, but players selected in the expansion draft cannot be traded to their previous team until January 1. They will also be prohibited from buying out any players selected until after the 2017-18 season. Lastly, there will be a guaranteed spot in the draft lottery for four years for the expansion club(s).

http://thehockeywriters.com/expansion-draft-rules-gain-clarity/

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

So you counter with,

To Flames,

Lehtonen

Niemi

Anaheim 1st round pick

To Stars,

Brouwer

Looks good to me.  Again, we have no goalies right now.  Lehtonen is slightly better than Elliott skill-wise. Niemi could bounce back since we have better D than the Stars.

This is where you are losing me. Niemi is not a good goalie so I don't believe at all he will bounce back and therefore I have zero interest in acquiring him. He's terrible.

Plus as much as it's great to lose Brouwer having 10 million in net is tough. You've got 9 mill in cap space and you don't have a top 6 RW and your short 3 dman. If you can do something around Brouwer for Lehtonen i'm all ears just say no to Niemi.

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Your missing what Lebrun is saying. "Pending UFA from another team". Not a Pending UFA from their own. 

and then back to Team X.. not Team Y..Team X

the rule you are thinking of is regarding trades.. its what got us caught not being able to play Dean McCammond.. and im not even sure its in the new CBA

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Sorry Phoenix you are misreading the tweets. Lebrun says in his tweets that Team X (Calgary) could offer Vegas assets, in exchange for Vegas signing a player from another team (not Calgary) and trading that player to Team X (Calgary).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Sorry Phoenix you are misreading the tweets. Lebrun says in his tweets that Team X (Calgary) could offer Vegas assets, in exchange for Vegas signing a player from another team (not Calgary) and trading that player to Team X (Calgary).

Post the Rule 

this is the closest in the CBA

(b) A Player who has been acquired by Waiver claim shall not be Traded to another Club until the termination of Playoffs of the season in which he was acquired unless he is first 82 ARTICLE 13 13.21-13.23 offered on the same terms to the Club(s) that entered a claim when Waivers were requested originally and the offer has been refused.

15 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

the rule you are thinking of is regarding trades.. its what got us caught not being able to play Dean McCammond.. and im not even sure its in the new CBA

It is gone yes but that is not what I am referring to. There is a rule specific to the expansion draft that says you cannot trade a player you select back to his original team until January. 

You are miss reading the scenario. The UFA has to be on another team, not Team X, in order for Team X to acquire them. it's the example I gave you with the Flames and Vrbata. 

Back on topic....

Pens going back to Murray in goal tonight. I think that has to confirm that MAF will in fact be done as a Penguiin in the offseason. I dont' think they go back to Murray if their plan is to keep MAF. 

Just now, cross16 said:

Back on topic....

Pens going back to Murray in goal tonight. I think that has to confirm that MAF will in fact be done as a Penguiin in the offseason. I dont' think they go back to Murray if their plan is to keep MAF. 

It's very telling indeed.

Unless Murray craps the bed of course...

1 hour ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

Yea I didnt know that.  But im wondering what talbots numbers were against playoff teams before his trade, because im assuming those games against playoff teams were also on back to backs sometimes. Im just assuming based on BTs comments that hes not looking at someone like MAF,, I think hes either going for a younger guy or sticking with our current tandem as a placeholder for our younger prospects.

I'm still liking what I saw against Canada yesterday. 50 freaking shots against & only 2 goals allowed.

Those weren't 50 low % shots either!

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

So you counter with,

To Flames,

Lehtonen

Niemi

Anaheim 1st round pick

To Stars,

Brouwer

I don't want Lehtonen nor Niemi & am not 1 that wants to give up on Brouwer yet.

With Dallas I'm thinking more about Nill stating that he's willing to move pick #3 OA. I'd be willing to take Niemi off their hands & expose him rather than McCollum for flipping 1st rounders & we add a neh prospect. It's a weaker draft but that gives us 1st pick of the rest after the Debbies & Flyers take the 2 main centers. Saves Dallas the buyout & dead space $s. If LV doesn't take him we have an expensive b/u for a year.

Then we use McCollum as part of the deal to land a current b/u from a team that doesn't have anyone else to expose (Caps, Rags.) or even the Pengies if BT wants MAF.

Heck, we could even use that 3rd OA as an offer for Schneider if NJ wants to fast track their rebuild.

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

I don't want Lehtonen nor Niemi & am not 1 that wants to give up on Brouwer yet.

With Dallas I'm thinking more about Nill stating that he's willing to move pick #3 OA. I'd be willing to take Niemi off their hands & expose him rather than McCollum for flipping 1st rounders & we add a neh prospect. It's a weaker draft but that gives us 1st pick of the rest after the Debbies & Flyers take the 2 main centers. Saves Dallas the buyout & dead space $s. If LV doesn't take him we have an expensive b/u for a year.

Then we use McCollum as part of the deal to land a current b/u from a team that doesn't have anyone else to expose (Caps, Rags.) or even the Pengies if BT wants MAF.

Heck, we could even use that 3rd OA as an offer for Schneider if NJ wants to fast track their rebuild.

I like the concept, except only issue there is we could be stuck with Niemi if hes not claimed (he likely wont)...maybe a small price to pay for the 3OA I guess.. . Rangers actually have one left to expose, Skapski ,   we can get Raanta without flipping a valid goalie

I don't think a buyout of Niemi is that bad and certainly not bad enough to justify losing the 3 OA pick. It's only 1.5 for 2 seasons and I think Dallas would gladly pay that and keep the pick.

I think the 1st they will get from Anaheim could maybe be in play if they wanted to try and avoid the buyout. 

2 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

So,

To Flames,

Niemi

3rd overall

To Stars,

McCollum

16th overall

Sounds too good to be true if that's all it takes to move up to#3... Even though 3rd overall is found money for the Stars.

27 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So,

To Flames,

Niemi

3rd overall

To Stars,

McCollum

16th overall

Sounds too good to be true if that's all it takes to move up to#3... Even though 3rd overall is found money for the Stars.

I think they are after Duchene with that 3rd overall pick.

36 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So,

To Flames,

Niemi

3rd overall

To Stars,

McCollum

16th overall

Nope.

Deal 1:

To Flames:

Niemi

3rd OA

To Dallas:

Calgary 1st round pick (probably #16 OA)

4.5 million in cap space

Deal 2:

To Calgary:

Grubauer (or a different current b/u)

To other team:

McCollum

A meh prospect or a 2nd or 3rd in 2018

8 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Nope.

Deal 1:

To Flames:

Niemi

3rd OA

To Dallas:

Calgary 1st round pick (probably #16 OA)

4.5 million in cap space

It's a weak draft but the top 6 this season is still considered as good as last season's 3rd to 6th (Puljujarvi, Dubios, Joulevi, and Tkachuk).  It's going to cost more than cap space to move up into the 3rd spot.

Although, I like the idea.

Is this maybe where we trade Backlund?

On 2017-05-19 at 2:32 PM, The_People1 said:

It's a weak draft but the top 6 this season is still considered as good as last season's 3rd to 6th (Puljujarvi, Dubios, Joulevi, and Tkachuk).  It's going to cost more than cap space to move up into the 3rd spot.

Oh crazy idea! Backlund is a guy who is developed and plays a position of need for them. After Spezza retires, who do they have to step up? It could be a perfect trade for them if they're looking for someone in the age range their core is in, with Benn and Seguin, Backs would be a perfect 2/3 line guy for them. 

Would ee we need to send more for the 3rd overall? 

Would that pick step into a Dallas lineup and contribute right away as Backlund would?

On 2017-05-19 at 4:32 PM, The_People1 said:

If we trade Backlund I wouldn't take Niemi off their hands unless they also took Brouwer. That means they fill out their forwards @ a cost of 3.75, shed Niiemi but lose that 3rd OA. That leaves Dallas 12 to fill out their D so doable.

If they insist I'd take Eakin off their hands to fill a role here as he's much better than last years stats (although I wish he had more of his dad's meanness).

Treliving absolutely has to deliver on obtaining an upgrade for a starter....   There were not many valid options for next season, and now there are two less...

We all know the other areas that need improvement, RW, D, etc, etc...   Gully has had another year as a head coach and made some mistakes, but also made significant progress...   I think that he will learn from the mistakes and use the experience of what worked and what didn't and grow as a coach...

Even if the other needs are addressed and improved, if the Flames do not have more reliable goaltending next season Treliving will have come up short and failed...   At this point I have no reason to think that Treliving won't come up with a deal for a solid starter, but anything less including just 'average' performance protecting the net and the Flames will be at a disadvantage right from the start of the season...