s4xon

1 hour ago, Kulstad said:

I moved all the woulda-shoulda-coulda non-goaltender talk to the The Rebuild Over thread.  Please at least try to keep it on topic, folks.

Why can't we like mod posts?

Can all draft talk not be in crzy's thread in NHL Talk, pretty sure everyone knows he deserves it.

What's to become of Elliot?

I like and grew up with Army and all, but I'm not sure I agree with him moving Elliot at least a yr too soon.

I don't doubt Jake Allen will be a force, just not yet. Like Price and Halak, you need to buy the time.

Is Elliot TDL fodder should we continue on like the NJ game tonight???

54 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

And at the beginning of the year, the team let down Elliott.  

Elliott has 10 losses this season.  Only 2 losses came when he had a SA% > 0.900 (WSH & NYI).  Where exactly do you think the Flames let him down early in the season? 

14 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Elliott has 10 losses this season.  Only 2 losses came when he had a SA% > 0.900 (WSH & NYI).  Where exactly do you think the Flames let him down early in the season? 

By their uninspired play, weak defensive play, weak PK, etc.  Their first 6 games was 1-4-1, and not all of that is on the goalie, nor just on Elliott.  Are you being sarcastic?  Many here were blaming the coaches, new contracts for Johnny and Monahan, declining value from Gio, trading Hamilton, playing a plug for a defenseman....

42 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

By their uninspired play, weak defensive play, weak PK, etc.  Their first 6 games was 1-4-1, and not all of that is on the goalie, nor just on Elliott.  Are you being sarcastic?  Many here were blaming the coaches, new contracts for Johnny and Monahan, declining value from Gio, trading Hamilton, playing a plug for a defenseman....

There’s no question the team was playing awful the first 20 games, but Elliott was not giving this team a chance to win then or now.

First 20 games; 

Elliott, 11 games, 3W, 8L, SA% 0.879

Johnson, 9 games, 5W, 4L, SA% 0.908

Blaming the team for Elliott having league worst SA% is weak.  

26 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

There’s no question the team was playing awful the first 20 games, but Elliott was not giving this team a chance to win then or now.

First 20 games; 

Elliott, 11 games, 3W, 8L, SA% 0.879

Johnson, 9 games, 5W, 4L, SA% 0.908

Blaming the team for Elliott having league worst SA% is weak.  

If you say so.  I guess you didn't watch the games and only go by stats.  Elliott let in bad goals, but way too many high-danger shots allowed and league worst PK.  You actually think that the defense made either of those two shine?  

22 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If you say so.  I guess you didn't watch the games and only go by stats.  Elliott let in bad goals, but way too many high-danger shots allowed and league worst PK.  You actually think that the defense made either of those two shine?  

Trust me, I watch the games, usually in a live setting at the dome. You don't see me dragging stats out here like some, other than W, L and SA%.  No I don’t think the defense made either goalie shine.  What I’m saying is there is presently one goaltender that gives us the best chance at winning.  What we need is for the other to raise his game so that we have 2 goaltenders getting us wins, not just one.

On 1/14/2017 at 11:55 AM, travel_dude said:

I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic, travel_dude.   These is simply no way anyone could disagree with you and be serious at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems the book on Chad Johnson is to go high for a corner. It also seems the book is in reprint and circulating to the teams we are playing. I hope I am wrong on this observation. 

With the new smaller pads already being used in practices and about to be rolled out across the league for Feb 4, I am not going to hold my breath for either of our goalies to find their "A" game any time soon.

37 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Seems the book on Chad Johnson is to go high for a corner. It also seems the book is in reprint and circulating to the teams we are playing. I hope I am wrong on this observation. 

With the new smaller pads already being used in practices and about to be rolled out across the league for Feb 4, I am not going to hold my breath for either of our goalies to find their "A" game any time soon.

It is like you say, we have to start finding goals and fast. If we want to win, we have to start outscoring the other team. That means scoring 5-6 goals. But we are having troubles scoring this year.

Everyone else on here seem to think that we are doing well with getting shots on net too. It's not just some of the commentators. Steinberg and Kerr seem to think that it's not the shots, but the quality of chances we aren't getting. And it's on the players to get those chances. 

And when they do get the chances, they don't hit the net.

1 hour ago, DirtyDeeds said:

I believe that it is new pants, not pads.  

6 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

On the bright side, we might actually score on the other teams goalie now.

We've talked about acquiring goalies & re-signing Johnson but 1 thing I'm still wondering about is what happens if we remain without a goalie that meets conditions for the LV expansion. Do they get to pick 1 of our prospect Goalies?

It wouldn't make sense for us to give up assets for 1 goalie only to have to expose him. If we do find 1 that's a fit I hope BT pulls someone like Ramo or Emery off the scrap pile on a cheap 2 way for next season so we have someone to expose.

3 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

We've talked about acquiring goalies & re-signing Johnson but 1 thing I'm still wondering about is what happens if we remain without a goalie that meets conditions for the LV expansion. Do they get to pick 1 of our prospect Goalies?

It wouldn't make sense for us to give up assets for 1 goalie only to have to expose him. If we do find 1 that's a fit I hope BT pulls someone like Ramo or Emery off the scrap pile on a cheap 2 way for next season so we have someone to expose.

I could be wrong on this but Thomas McCollum fits the requirements for the expansion draft.

6 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

JTech is right. They signed Tom McColum and he fits the expansion draft requirements so they are good.