Western Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

12 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Damn EST, I was unable to do the OT that began at 1am. 

Lots of great performances. Right on Dallas, great game.

2 bonafide playoff games last night. Such a game of inches and bounces.

One going right or wrong decides it. Though Dallas’ first OT goal should have counted. I’m glad the Avs didn’t win, the constant expert opinions would drive me batty.

In a game where one OT goal called back for heavy breathing, the right team got the win.  AVS are no longer the powerhouse that the anal-ysts claim them to be.  Nate is from my hometown, but it's hard to say much nice about him.  Other than his skills.  

They have to get better at making calls, either on or off the ice.  Call it a goal and the sit room decides if it was worthy calling it back.  No goal on the ice, and it's already biased to make it seem like no goal.  TO doesn't like to overrule the refs.  And added to this, it was an elimination game, so they erred on the side that extends the series.  

Best team won.  They are my 2nd pick after the Flames.  Cowboys and Stars.  

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I think this is a mistake. Pickard was the only reason the Oilers had a chance in game five.

Feels like they don’t wanna hurt the feelings of #74

Skinner played 59 in the regular season, so no doubt he is burned out.  The option of going to the goalie (again) with 2 NHL playoffs games is just as risky.  That happens when you spend your load on everything but goalies.  What did they target at TDL?  Forwards.  Henrique with one game in the 2nd round.  Quite the trade.  A furst and 4th and 5th.  No worry about the upgrade conditions.  LOL

Vancouver is lucky to have a lead in the series. They’ve been outplayed for large stretches.

You have a chance to close out and you have 7 shots in 27 minutes? Against a goalie battling confidence . That’s pretty brutal.  Not all that different from game 4 though. Pickard thrown in. 21 shots from VAN. 

Game 5 has been the exception thus far.

They haven’t started games well. Only scored first once in six games. Wasted 4 mins off PP in the 1st chasing the puck.

Why have I can’t buy into the Canucks as a good team. I’ve never seen a team just flat out not show up in the playoffs like they have multiple times this year. They keep it close so they can find a way late but man way a tough way to try and play in the playoffs. 

I expect a much better game 7 from them because it can’t get much worse. 

I find the quality of the Oilers/Canucks and Stars/Avs to be quite different, while the Oilers should've had it wrapped up there is still a lot of meh in their games and on the surface I would think Dallas would wipe the floor with either team, just from a fan perspective I wish they could knock out both these teams and bring back either the Canes or Avs.

5 hours ago, sak22 said:

I find the quality of the Oilers/Canucks and Stars/Avs to be quite different, while the Oilers should've had it wrapped up there is still a lot of meh in their games and on the surface I would think Dallas would wipe the floor with either team, just from a fan perspective I wish they could knock out both these teams and bring back either the Canes or Avs.

I agree. I think the Stars are going to dominate whoever comes out of this series. 
It’s a shame Dallas-Colorado was the conference semi.

I hope the Canucks beat the Oilers.  This will cause questions behind a Draisaitl extension this summer and it will also hyperinflate the Canucks confidence and expectations going into next season.  Seems like the perfect scenario as a Flames fan.

And also, I hope the Oilers lose so I can stop donating to their 50/50.  I've donated enough already.

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

And also, I hope the Oilers lose so I can stop donating to their 50/50.  I've donated enough already.

I got *close* enough the other night that I actually had to check my numbers lol. Usually my tickets are all C and the winning number is an E

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

I hope the Canucks beat the Oilers.  This will cause questions behind a Draisaitl extension this summer and it will also hyperinflate the Canucks confidence and expectations going into next season.  Seems like the perfect scenario as a Flames fan.

Well a perfect situation for Cgy would have been a VCR 1round exit so the first round pick would have been higher…it’s kind of a moot issue now though 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Well a perfect situation for Cgy would have been a VCR 1round exit so the first round pick would have been higher…it’s kind of a moot issue now though 

For what it’s worth, the first two rounds of playoffs don’t affect draft order. It’s the conference final where the picks move. If Vancouver loses, the pick is the same as if they lost to Nashville.

Vancouver needs to have a good start tonight. Scoring first would help. They've only done it once in six games.  Every game 7 the stat regarding scoring first gets trotted out. 

I would think the whistles will largely be put away tonight. Two or three powerplays aside. That may be enough for Edmonton to win it though.

I'll say this, if Vancouver is gonna struggle to put 15 pucks on net as has happened several times in the playoffs. They will not win.

Tocchet didn't like him. It was needed to prevent retention. Yadda-yadda.

But this is a night where the Canucks could use Kuzmenko.

They've got Mikheyev on their top line. 1 goal in like 60 games. Missed a great chance just now.

Saw a stat. Vancouver's got one of the worst powerplays in the league, playoffs included. They spend a 4 min PP chasing the puck, yet again.

On a 4 min PP, there was one shot. A short-handed breakaway.

There's no doubt who the better team is. Fortunately, there is some chance that the better team does not win.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

I can't remember a team no-showing as much as Vancouver has in these playoffs.

23-4 shots? It feels like the 4 shots is generous.

It’s Blockchaining ridiculous. I can’t believe they’re no showing again after the last game they did that. 

4 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Does anyone on the Nucks realize it’s a game 7? Watching a Nucks / Oilers game is hard enough, sucks even more to see VAN give the game to EDM. 

Haven’t been watching, only highlights.  Sounds ugly, yet still scoreless.  It only takes one shot…

Just now, LouCifer said:

It’s Blockchaining ridiculous. I can’t believe they’re no showing again after the last game they did that. 

They were lucky to beat Nashville and they're lucky to even be in game 7.

They've had more than 25 shots twice in 12 games.

Just now, cberg said:

Haven’t been watching, only highlights.  Sounds ugly, yet still scoreless.  It only takes one shot…

Ok, write a comment, check back, 2-0.  So much for 1 shot.  Looks like we’ll have to tolerate the Oilers for a bit longer.