Eastern Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

NHL Live had me fooled.   There was no listing for game 6 so I assumed Rags had won the series and did not bother with the game only to get a  supriuse when hitting the main NHL.com page!

Can the Canes push it to a game 7?

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

NHL Live had me fooled.   There was no listing for game 6 so I assumed Rags had won the series and did not bother with the game only to get a  supriuse when hitting the main NHL.com page!

Can the Canes push it to a game 7?

They’ve been getting better, with more input from TDL acquisitions.  One game at a time.

How did Seattle let Geekie walk? I'm so confused. I've seen a lot of Boston this year, and that kid’s a player.

I just don't get it.

$2mil per for 2 years Boston snapped him up for, including next year.

Not understanding you, Seattle. wtf?? He's a great player.

Listening to some of the recent Tkachuk interviews I am impressed and surprised with his maturity and leadership.  I believe he really wanted to be Captain here but was put down by management which likely loomed large as to why he decided to not re-sign.  His play with Florida is impressive, and it is saddening that he is just the type of guy we’ll be looking to obtain, and ironic we had him here and let him get away.   

Florida literally crushed the NYR and if they keep it up it’ll be a short series.

While I feel that while the captaincy issue was probably part of why Tkachuk moved on, I highly doubt that it was a major reason.

I would bet that it was mainly a desire to play for a more competitive team in the sunbelt with no state taxes.

Only the Lightning, Panthers, and Stars met those requirements at the time.

8 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

While I feel that while the captaincy issue was probably part of why Tkachuk moved on, I highly doubt that it was a major reason.

I would bet that it was mainly a desire to play for a more competitive team in the sunbelt with no state taxes.

Only the Lightning, Panthers, and Stars met those requirements at the time.

I think Carolina, STL and Vegas were on the list too.

I think there was smoke a year before. There was that STL based podcast that suggested Tkachuk wanted a trade. The Flames shut that down publicly. Obviously there was something there. 

Some media believe that if Gaudreau stayed, Tkachuk would have signed, probably shorter term. Others have stated they believe he was gone regardless.

The mistake was the 3yr contract. It was reported Tkachuk would do 6yrs, but the Flames couldn't afford it as they still had Frolik. Tkachuk still probably leaves after that six years though.

53 minutes ago, cberg said:

Listening to some of the recent Tkachuk interviews I am impressed and surprised with his maturity and leadership.  I believe he really wanted to be Captain here but was put down by management which likely loomed large as to why he decided to not re-sign.  His play with Florida is impressive, and it is saddening that he is just the type of guy we’ll be looking to obtain, and ironic we had him here and let him get away.   

Florida literally crushed the NYR and if they keep it up it’ll be a short series.

I believe that Tkachuk wanted sunshine and golf year-round. It's annoying but it's his right. He could have been an Iginla type figure here. But he opted for sunshine.

I don't think he sweats the captaincy. He will never be the captain of the Panther. 

I heard the same rumours about potential trades to Carolina, St. Louis, and Vegas, but the first two charge personal income taxes. Only the states of Florida, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington do not.

I agree that Tkachuk probably does not care much about being a captain.

I feel fairly sure that money and winning are his top two priorities.

On 5/23/2024 at 7:27 PM, cberg said:

All I can add to this conversation is the entire arrogant and condescending Tkachuk clan can go Blockchain themselves.

That "Big Walt" thing is insulting to Walt Tkachuk(ka-chook). For those old enough to have seen him play.

FF52 should be here to shred Keith. I'll carry that flame. lol

• Like 1

Agree that they are annoying, but still have great leadership skills and essential qualities needed to win.  It’s my impression that Calgary has tried to maintain a “gentlemanly” approach and avoided controversial players, which has hindered success.  It sounds good but, rarer than rare, unless you get a fist full of Sidney Crosby types-both in skills and demeanour you won’t be successful.   

8 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

NY steals game 3

Here comes Shesterkin World.

"What, you wanna see a real steal?" - Shesterkin probably

Great G battle in that series. 5-4 is kinda ludicrous for how good thet've been.

If the Rangers were missing Shesterkin, this series would be a sweep and the score last night would have been 10-2 for the Panthers.  He's been unreal.

Glad the Panther won though, I still have a spot spot for Bennett and would love to see him raise the cup.  Lomberg as well.

3 hours ago, Addicted said:

If the Rangers were missing Shesterkin, this series would be a sweep and the score last night would have been 10-2 for the Panthers.  He's been unreal.

Glad the Panther won though, I still have a spot spot for Bennett and would love to see him raise the cup.  Lomberg as well.

Shesterkin has been good, though I wouldn’t say spectacular.  Seems like Florida is reluctant to shoot high, and he can butterfly/lay down and close off the ice level.  Florida certainly has controlled most of the past two games and I was glad they got the win last night.  

7 hours ago, The_People1 said:

FLA to the Finals again.

I feel they will beat whoever comes out of the West.  Doesn't matter if it's DAL or EDM.

Me too, this is their year.

Bennett's on fire.  Too bad he wasn't that player here....have no idea why he couldn't put it together in Calgary, but I love watching him now.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Next year Florida will be a different team.  Under 20 mil to sign 11 UFA's and 2 RFA's. 

And so the cycle continues, they had best win it all this year.  

8 hours ago, Addicted said:

Me too, this is their year.

Bennett's on fire.  Too bad he wasn't that player here....have no idea why he couldn't put it together in Calgary, but I love watching him now.

I feel happy for Bennett if he wins.  We never gave him consistency here.  We kept moving him around the lineup and never let him develop properly.  We always gave priority to Backlund and Monahan.