2024 NHL draft - A New Hope

jjgallow

Believe in building out from the back end so hope in the 8 picks the flames have in the top 110 that they draft at least 2, preferably 3 dmen.

With their back-to-back picks in the 4th round i can see them taking a goalie...Pavel Moysevich looks like he would be available in this range and would be a good swing unless Saarinen, Vinni or Yegorov are still available.

Also expect them to take a swing for size with the other 4th rounder like Lukas Fischer or Kieron Walton.

• Like 1

For the flames at 9 it feels like you take the guy that inexplicably falls to us.  Read that some teams have Helenius as high as top 5 and with guys like Iginla and Sennecke rising someone great is likely to fall to us.

Hopefully, it turns out like the Tkachuk draft and we need to simply take advantage of other teams behavior.

40 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

This is gonna be a lot of fun.

It's been a long journey. @jjgallow started this thread in early November.

It's going to be quite the wild ride to pick 9. It could go so many ways. There are like 8 prospects I could see ending up with the Flames at 9th.

After all that excitement, we get to see the Flames pick again tonight. Should be a lot of fun.

I remember when he was hyping Bedard as the next one, and that was just before the lesser one was drafted.

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

This pushes a real good player down the board. Really exciting for the Flames.

I didn't have Sennecke as a lotto pick.

Yes, better pick for the Flames, but also more competition if Tij still there for those wanting him.  Predicting Lindstrom(CBJ) next, then Demidov(Montreal).... Which D is going to be available at 9?