2024 NHL draft - A New Hope

jjgallow

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

We hadn't noticed. lol

lol…gut feel, top line Ctr…leader and face of franchise….2 of those 3 things you can see in his media interviews.  100% like his dad, different style, but 100% just as good.

then top line Ctr, that’s the got feeling, he’s not gonna be a playmaker like most

of us tend to see and have been used to, he’s gonna be more like Tachuck and drive the play and score goals, maybe less of a pest than Chucky but more of a

scorer like Monahan was…kinda like a nice blend of chucky and Mony…which if memory serves was the big knock most had with Monahan…I didn’t cause Monahan’s value was in scoring and FO’s…anyways not the point, point is Tij is kinda the perfect blender of those two That’s my take on him…

on a side note, Catton has grown on me a lot, to a point of Tij is gone he’s a great option…

or in an ideal world if we land Tij and can move up and take Cotton too wow! Thats the best situation…that and I’d be greedy and go after O’Riley too in the second round 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I hope that Parekh and Sennecke go in the top 8 picks

Me too, forces the team to look at Ctr option more, that’s the ticket to a fast turn around, you can trade Ctrs at a much higher return and development is far less than D…put it this way, Fal was strong up front mainly because they first and very quietly build strong and deep at Ctr, then build the D using the Ctr depth, maybe not directly but that depth let them move other forwards to build a strong D very quickly in just 2 years…drafting and developing a 18-20 year old would take 5+ years before they hit their prime where Ctrs are hitting that in 2-3 years 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Im starting to lean more if Catton is there they have to take him . It it's between Tij and Catton it's gonna be tough but I almost lean Catton 

Yup I’m 100% on the same track as you with this…and I’m not sure but he is about the same size as Kane too no? 

38 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Expensive price to move up 3 spots

The draft is very top heavy so I think that price is worth it to make sure you get another player in the top end of the draft. That’s why I think it’s worth it to give up picks to move up from 28th, especially if you can get into the top 20.

15 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The draft is very top heavy so I think that price is worth it to make sure you get another player in the top end of the draft. That’s why I think it’s worth it to give up picks to move up from 28th, especially if you can get into the top 20.

Do you think Buffalo would trade that newly acquired 14th for Flames  Van 28th Flames 41st and 74th ?

Then we take Tij and Yakenchuk a dream draft.

1 minute ago, manu12 said:

I wouldn't trade 3 picks for one, especially in this draft.

There is also the rumour from Lebrun I believe, that Buffalo might use that 1st in a trade for Necas.

If that happens the add of an additional 2nd actually makes a lot of sense.

This being a weaker draft and not having much depth outside the top 20 is exactly the type of draft where you trade your extra picks to move up to get the upper echelon talent.

16 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This being a weaker draft and not having much depth outside the top 20 is exactly the type of draft where you trade your extra picks to move up to get the upper echelon talent.

I'm not against trading up if a can't miss guy is still there. Ideally we could attach one of our middle six wingers in such a scenario instead of just draft picks.  I think we need to pick as much as possible in the next few years to set us up for the future. 

And since this draft could be a total crapshoot a late first or the 2nd round could feature guys just as good as a mid 1st, depending how the draft goes. Even the top10 are far from set in stone, so there is no clear cut top end talent beside Celebrini.

7 minutes ago, manu12 said:

I'm not against trading up if a can't miss guy is still there. Ideally we could attach one of our middle six wingers in such a scenario instead of just draft picks.  I think we need to pick as much as possible in the next few years to set us up for the future. 

And since this draft could be a total crapshoot a late first or the 2nd round could feature guys just as good as a mid 1st, depending how the draft goes. Even the top10 are far from set in stone, so there is no clear cut top end talent beside Celebrini.

I don’t think middle 6 wingers will be enough to be able to move up in the 1st round. In a draft that lacks depth I will take quality picks over quantity.

From everything I have read Celebrini is 1st, then there is a group from 2-12, and then 13-20 is the next ledge and then after that the talent in the draft drops off a cliff. 

In deeper drafts, for sure you secure as many picks as you can, but in this draft I am looking to get as many top 20 picks as possible and I would be willing to move any our 2-7 round picks in this draft to do it.

• Like 1