GDT Sharks @ Flames April 12 / 23 8 PM Start

DirtyDeeds

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

We're drafting 16th. So a <1% chance of moving. We're drafting 16th. Nice job Flames.

lol.

Well....

If there is one thing that could get in the way of all my doom and gloom next year....

It'd be Wolf.   Nice to see him in there.

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think teams in the playoffs draft in the top 16. Given we have the most points out of missed teams, we have the worst odds of winning lotto, 

Almost zero. As good as zero actually.

Now when the Leafs play the Oilers in the SCF, this season will hit my worst nightmare. Go Sting, Go Wranglers.

Wings have 2 1sts, 2 2nds and an abomination of young talent moving into the system next year, so that's fun.

Flames need to find a way to make more than 15-20% of their games a watchable product.

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

We're drafting 16th. So a <1% chance of moving. We're drafting 16th. Nice job Flames.

Only NAS can pass us now, but they need 2 wins of any type.  Sutter's reliance on Markstrom for the final 19 of 20 games gave us a 9-6-4 record in his starts.  22 of 38 possible with the easiest schedule in the league.  Not like we would beat EDM, COL or Vegas, but if you already screw up a decent draft pick, you best get in.  10 of those games he has > 900 SA% and 7 of those 10 resulted in points.

I guess it doesn't really matter, we were going to draft late with this coach.  Play the kids in game 82, but play the A team with them to make sure they have a good chance to win.  This game could have been a game to look at what we have coming up, instead it was continue with the same group that couldn't get it done.  We saw the best goalie in the AHL and two prospects, but no Duehr or Zary or even Phillips.