GDT - Preda at Flames - Monday April 10, 2023

travel_dude

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Where is RobRob and his OTL prediction......

I made dinner and watched the Super Bowl episode of Seinfeld with my GF. The regift degift episode. What's his name from Breaking Bad was Tim Whatley in it. 

the GF is from the UK, and she hadn't seen Seinfeld at all and when I kept making Seinfeld references she finally had to see it. Just as good as I remembered it! Or even better.

I did eat a lot of Parmesan with my pasta... 

well, too bad it ended this way...

Just now, robrob74 said:

I made dinner and watched the Super Bowl episode of Seinfeld with my GF. The regift degift episode. What's his name from Breaking Bad was Tim Whatley in it. 

I did eat a lot of Parmesan with my pasta... 

well, too bad it ended this way...

Which one is that.  I should say which character on BB was he.

7 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

it was funny, he was doing the standup in the pre show the way he does in every episode. He was like.

sports are really funny! Fans basically cheer for the clothes..

https://youtu.be/we-L7w1K5Zo

You got your money's worth, considering both were free.

I wouldn't pay to watch this team live this year.

Major surgery required.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

You got your money's worth, considering both were free.

I wouldn't pay to watch this team live this year.

Major surgery required.

I think I paid 199.99 for the season on SportsnetNow, and I, well, decided hanging with my partner was more entertaining. So it was a real wasted season for me in that sense. 

After the first ten games, I felt that it was going to be like this. It was hard seeing the way everything was going and I couldn't put myself through it because I felt there could be more. Maybe I was wrong?

I feel like the mix has been a bit off from the start. I'm not sure what lines would work best, but I think just a bit of human decency (Sutter's media scrum Satoshi Nakamoto) and this year could have been better. I think that threw me off even more. I found myself cheering against the flames because he was such an asshat! Can't stand when people treat people with such disrespect. I get he is a hard Hash Rate. You don't need to be a true Hash Rate to be a hard Hash Rate.

14 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I think I paid 199.99 for the season on SportsnetNow, and I, well, decided hanging with my partner was more entertaining. So it was a real wasted season for me in that sense. 

After the first ten games, I felt that it was going to be like this. It was hard seeing the way everything was going and I couldn't put myself through it because I felt there could be more. Maybe I was wrong?

I feel like the mix has been a bit off from the start. I'm not sure what lines would work best, but I think just a bit of human decency (Sutter's media scrum Satoshi Nakamoto) and this year could have been better. I think that threw me off even more. I found myself cheering against the flames because he was such an asshat! Can't stand when people treat people with such disrespect. I get he is a hard Hash Rate. You don't need to be a true Hash Rate to be a hard Hash Rate.

What I understoof was after the 5-1 start, he was pissed with them and bag skated them hard.

I don't get that one bit.  It was a tough change to most of the players and getting wins was huge.

Instead, he thows it out and changes everything.

Sorry you wasted the money on it.  I'm lucky to be able to see games, should I find them worth watching.

Honestly, I saw a team get frustrated because of goaltending and it didn't change.

Since the All Star break, we had .883 and over 3 GAA.  That's not a winning team.

Doesn't matter how close we came, we lost it ourselved even with the help from the Jets.

And the Preds trading everyone not injured.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

What I understoof was after the 5-1 start, he was pissed with them and bag skated them hard.

I don't get that one bit.  It was a tough change to most of the players and getting wins was huge.

Instead, he thows it out and changes everything.

Sorry you wasted the money on it.  I'm lucky to be able to see games, should I find them worth watching.

Honestly, I saw a team get frustrated because of goaltending and it didn't change.

Since the All Star break, we had .883 and over 3 GAA.  That's not a winning team.

Doesn't matter how close we came, we lost it ourselved even with the help from the Jets.

And the Preds trading everyone not injured.

you and other posters here have given some really good roster line combinations. 

you're right about the goaltending. I think it's more of a team stat. I do think that first goal on the first shot is deflating. I hated it when it was like that with goalies on teams I played with, but we also knew it was on us to do better to try harder to outplay the other team. Maybe it's different in beer league lol. But I think it means, play better, try harder. 

but like you, I think the team might be pissed about the change and bag skate after a good start. There were many oddities for sure.

I'm glad to have been able to chat it up with everyone this year still. I think you all are a bunch of fun!

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The good that I hope comes from tonight? Flames got another great look at what Saros can do and what Wolf might be. 

Zero reason he shouldn’t be on this team next year.

I had a real feeling that Vladar would tke a big step this year.  Whether it was usage that made him lose his rhythm or that he is still just a backup that only plays well at times, we have to do something different next season.

Thank god it's over, there is only so much ineptness that one can watch with this club. Leagues' poorest goaltending was the 1st factor than the inability of players to rise to the occasion and a stubborn coach. Sutter with some head-scratching events but he lived by the sword and died by the sword. All this did was now put us in a situation where there is just going to be more speculation, negativity, and drama. So now let the rumors run ramped and let the BS flow cause this seasons soap opera season is not over yet, it's only just begun