GDT Vegas @ Flames Thursday March 23 7:00pm Start

travel_dude

17 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

I wrote this season off weeks ago, I hate to admit it, but after trade deadline with no action the writing was on the wall.

Well done BT, cant wait to see you exit immediately.

The prudent thing was to not throw away picks/prospects for a rental.

Any longer term contracts would have a big impact on next year.

BT knew we weren't going to come close.

Knows excatly what's going on with the team.

1 hour ago, medatswhoP said:

I wrote this season off weeks ago, I hate to admit it, but after trade deadline with no action the writing was on the wall.

I wrote this season off at game 10. Something has been wrong with this team since before then and I could see it. 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

The prudent thing was to not throw away picks/prospects for a rental.

Any longer term contracts would have a big impact on next year.

BT knew we weren't going to come close.

Knows excatly what's going on with the team.

I don't agree that he has a handle on the team all the time. When we traded for Forbort and Gustafson I felt it was pointless 

7 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I don't agree that he has a handle on the team all the time. When we traded for Forbort and Gustafson I felt it was pointless 

In itself, those were not dumb trades.  Bad timing no doubt.

Had the season gone like a normal one, we might have seen different results for them.

I do think he makes mistake, but sometimes you get different messages from the coach.

21 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

In itself, those were not dumb trades.  Bad timing no doubt.

Had the season gone like a normal one, we might have seen different results for them.

I do think he makes mistake, but sometimes you get different messages from the coach.

it's more that I felt the team wasn't there then. They were bordering on the playoffs and I didn't think they'd make the difference. It turned out to be a few wasted draft picks. If we kept Forbort, i might have thought differently. 

9 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

it's more that I felt the team wasn't there then. They were bordering on the playoffs and I didn't think they'd make the difference. It turned out to be a few wasted draft picks. If we kept Forbort, i might have thought differently. 

Risk and reward.

I was never a real Forbort fan from his play in LA, but really no season to work with.

BP firing and Wardo comeback fell short.

Then COVID.

A season to forget.

A wasted 4th no doubt based on the season.

Forbort only played 17 games that year for the Kings.

He was recovering from a back injury.

10 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

BT will be gone but unfortunately the one that should have been gone earlier this season is here for a couple more years. Nothing at the trade deadline would have made a difference and neither is any other GM going forward.

9 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

BT will be gone but unfortunately the one that should have been gone earlier this season is here for a couple more years. Nothing at the trade deadline would have made a difference and neither is any other GM going forward.

BT might take the hit for this, but do you think that the owners are sitting back thinking Sutter has done a great job?  They have to be wondering the same things as the fans.  3 new players having average to below average seasons.  How is the GM responsible for that?

42 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Yeah, honestly, Man, I thought they should have made a move or two at the deadline to sell. I get that there was not likely any market for 17 or 22, but I would have liked to have seen a move of any one or two players (except for those with newborns) that would have brought back significant draft capital or prospects. I think that our GM is a smart guy, and it's a bit conspiratorial, but I'm not convinced that he had full autonomy at the deadline.

Love.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

BT might take the hit for this, but do you think that the owners are sitting back thinking Sutter has done a great job?  They have to be wondering the same things as the fans.  3 new players having average to below average seasons.  How is the GM responsible for that?

Someone had to make the call on re signing Sutter to an extension but all I know is that the ownership didnt kibosh the deal.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The GM is responsible for the overall management of the hockey team. This includes:

• Player personnel decisions
  • Contract negotiation's
  • Salary Cap management
  • Scouting
  • as well ensures that the the overall team is successful on the ice.

I would say the GM is responsible for a majority of the failures this season, and I agree to what your getting at above, the answer is No Sutter has not done a great job nor has he even done a mediocre job.  This is where the GM accountability comes in.

As much as we all thought the Kadri and Hubie signings were great the next few weeks are going to take a dark turn for this club.

1) Is the Sutter back does he even want to come back?  who is coming in, and who would want it. You have a huge disconnection in the locker room with your two biggest signings, pretty sure this puts a big dent in the friendliness in the locker room.

2) If Kadri and JH want out who you sell them to, they are overpaid, uncompliant players that gave up, makes you feel warm and fuzzy

3) The stain of whats transpired with the media comments and locker room doesn't help sell it as a great place to come play

4) Your GM, holds some accountability in this< Is he coming back who replaces him or does he even want to come back

So many questions its crazy and this organization is in a huge spiral right now