GDT Flames @ Kinks Mon March 20 8:30pm Start

travel_dude

It’s a wrap folks! Let’s not bother with this fake push for the playoffs. It’s a very off season for the Flames, Sutter has lost the room. Now we put all the weight on the shoulders of Coronato, Wolf, Pelletier…$10.5M for Huberdeau  👀 , it’s about Flames time for a coaching rotation..watch us rehire Gulutzan or Wardo because why not? The cycle continues. This is the way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yes, because nobody else makes mistakes out there.

Coachable moment?  Yes.

That's just like Kadri trying to be a one-man show. He knows better than to do that.. I think you may get your wish. This team is not built to play the style he needs to many small players, Simply fact this club is not a well constructed team... That my friend falls on the GM sorry. Yeah the after hours show is going to be more entertaining than the game. 

1 minute ago, rickross said:

Do the owners even care? I could see them dumping Treliving and giving the GM keys to Sutter this off season….again because why not? I have no clue who or what this team is right now….other than bad. This franchise is built on stilts 

Crumbling GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, tmac70 said:

That's just like Kadri trying to be a one-man show. He knows better than to do that.. I think you may get your wish. This team is not built to play the style he needs to many small players, Simply fact this club is not a well constructed team... That my friend falls on the GM sorry. Yeah the after hours show is going to be more entertaining than the game. 

Good thing we have that Jack Adams winning coach, playing all the Cup Ring winners.

Yep, that's the team.

Blame the GM all you want, the on ice product is all on the coach.

He designs the play, the lines, the strategies....

Other coaches do better with less.

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

Do the owners even care? I could see them dumping Treliving and giving the GM keys to Sutter this off season….again because why not? I have no clue who or what this team is right now….other than bad. This franchise is built on stilts 

Is a sad fact, This is where Trevling needs to show the door. The trade deadline was the point where he should have just said F it a sold off as NSH did.  Tre has had to many blunders over the years and poor asset management to be allowed to stay. That said I do not want Sutter as GM or even buddies with the GM. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Good thing we have that Jack Adams winning coach, playing all the Cup Ring winners.

Yep, that's the team.

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yep, that's the team.

That’s the thing, Treliving was tasked with getting players Sutter wanted. We have no dynamic skaters, just North and south. No élite playmakers or finishers this year, just a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners putting up a ton of harmless shots. Hubby, Lindholm  and Kadri’s numbers have fallen off a cliff because they’re surrounded by average to slightly above average players top to bottom. Players are being taught to simply outwork opponents rather than outsmart them. 

• Like 1

Just now, tmac70 said:
4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Yep, that's the team.

This is where we hugely disagree, The system is not the problem, you just watched LA play it, Colorado plays it,

Boston lots of teams play the same system, they just have the players and horses to pull the wagon. We have small average skilled guys, they have larger skilled guys.  The bolded is the only true statement but that is an absolute identity of this team, we have less than the clubs at the top of the standings, in skill size and especially heart and determination.

This club is good on a paper team and that is something everyone can agree that Trevling is good at paper teams. We have seen and heard this for years. On paper, this is a good team or the best one this is a good team that has just underperformed. It's been these comments far too often, we seem to drink the poor colored water that is supposed to be wine. 

Boy this is one game that you just want to say, go to sleep and wake up and forget that it ever happened.  Move on.

At the same time, we lost so bad with no push back that I wonder if this was the game the Flames tuned out Sutter.  And I wonder if the team has tuned him out for good.

6 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Boy this is one game that you just want to say, go to sleep and wake up and forget that it ever happened.  Move on.

At the same time, we lost so bad with no push back that I wonder if this was the game the Flames tuned out Sutter.  And I wonder if the team has tuned him out for good.

I'm glad I did that before it started. LA has been playing high octane. I'd have been shocked to wake up to a win.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I'm glad I did that before it started. LA has been playing high octane. I'd have been shocked to wake up to a win.

even with Gaudreau and Tkachuk the Flames had trouble with high octane. It's proof this team needs a retool and vision. We need players that can react quicker to the pace of the best teams, which usually are the quicker ones with players like McKinnon. Since the two left in the summer, I feel we got slower and guys like Andersson & Hanifin are thinking out reacting  slower than they were last season. It seems like it is throughout the Roster, slow minds.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

even with Gaudreau and Tkachuk the Flames had trouble with high octane. It's proof this team needs a retool and vision. We need players that can react quicker to the pace of the best teams, which usually are the quicker ones with players like McKinnon. Since the two left in the summer, I feel we got slower and guys like Andersson & Hanifin are thinking out reacting  slower than they were last season. It seems like it is throughout the Roster, slow minds.

Tkachuk was not fast, he was good at holding the puck, making passes to a crazy good player and finishing.

Gaudreau was fast reacting.  But you see some differences between last and this year in play.

More dump and chase.

More shooting from all angles, while Gaudreau was more sneaky in his shot placement.

I think we play low octane because the coach like measured play.

Don't do anything outside the little circle of play.

The F all have to be within 10 feet of each other.

We have success on the rush, but barely use it.