GDT Flames @ Avalanche Feb 25/23 Start time 8pm

DirtyDeeds

Trevlings' last order of business is to recoup some of the draft picks he tossed away before he leaves.  The team he constructed is nowhere near good enough, Be a welcomed change that's long overdue. He failed its time for a new set of eyes from the GM to scouts. Thanks for the effort, good luck in your next venture

Can't wait to hear the words of wisdom from the (should go back there) Farmer.

He would be good for a team like the Preds that don't need the help.

The loud calls from the fans to replace him will just keep getting louder.

At this point I would rather watch this team lose 6-5 than 4-2 or 3-1.

Sutter's last order of business should be saying sorry to the fans for taking what should have been a solid roster with 3 decent C's and turning the lines into mush.  Can't even decide that a goalie has been crap for an entire season, just keeps sending him out.  He looked very ordinary for 3 of 4.  Again.  It's his call, whether Sigalet knows who is the better goalie or not.  

But, hey lets blame the rest of the team for their slow methodical, dump and chase style.  The lines haven't changed in months, except for the addition of Pelletier and demoting Lucic back to the 4th line.  Must still be Ruzicka's fault the 4th line is mostly garbage.  Couple of players per game play to their strengths and rise above this mind numbing crap.  But mostly they play down to it.  Don't want to get yelled at for going offense when we have a 2 goal lead.  Yeah, there once was a game where we had a lead.  Better get back to dump and chase.  Pucks in deep.  Yup.

Continually reminds me of a close friend that should have been in the show by the early '90s as a pure sniper.

He was over a ppg in his rookie WHL season as a 16yo. He fell into all of the traps of deep regret.

He was shooting 1,000 pucks/day and could put it anywhere, from anywhere. He still can.

He told me by his 2nd year of jr he started hitting the crossbar, mainly out of boredom and using as a target.

It filtered into his game. He said after a while, that crossbar was 2 feet wide and he was rattling everything off of the crossbar in games. One of his biggest regrets was practicing that. He went from 34G as a rook to 18. He consistently hit the crossbar more than he scored. I always wondered if that was a thing and he has guaranteed me it is. It becomes a reflex. He can still take a faceoff on his backhand and put the puck anywhere harder than my best wrist shot.lol

I feel bad for him. NHL scouts and 1 particular Head Coach steered him straight out of being a great prospect by turning him into a grunt/scrapper. Both Chevy and McCrimmond were instrumental in saving him, for real, and getting him back to the rink around kids. I have zero dubt he'll be talking to Chevy during playoffs. He's a regular watching with me, and talked to him a few times on the phone in front of me. Chevaldayoff is his fave guy, and that's good enough for me.

The Flames make me think of that every game, every post, every crossbar...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Continually reminds me of a close friend that should have been in the show by the early '90s as a pure sniper.

He was over a ppg in his rookie WHL season as a 16yo. He fell into all of the traps of deep regret.

He was shooting 1,000 pucks/day and could put it anywhere, from anywhere. He still can.

He told me by his 2nd year of jr he started hitting the crossbar, mainly out of boredom and using as a target.

It filtered into his game. He said after a while, that crossbar was 2 feet wide and he was rattling everything off of the crossbar in games. One of his biggest regrets was practicing that. He went from 34G as a rook to 18. He consistently hit the crossbar more than he scored. I always wondered if that was a thing and he has guaranteed me it is. It becomes a reflex. He can still take a faceoff on his backhand and put the puck anywhere harder than my best wrist shot.lol

I feel bad for him. NHL scouts and 1 particular Head Coach steered him straight out of being a great prospect by turning him into a grunt/scrapper. Both Chevy and McCrimmond were instrumental in saving him, for real, and getting him back to the rink around kids. I have zero dubt he'll be talking to Chevy during playoffs. He's a regular watching with me, and talked to him a few times on the phone in front of me. Chevaldayoff is his fave guy, and that's good enough for me.

The Flames make me think of that every game, every post, every crossbar...

it does seem like a mindset; they hit posts, crossbars, or miss the net completely. MAYBE: When they try to adjust they end up shooting it at the logos?

last night i think Mange set up Coleman and he put it over the net completely. 

Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you can't make a contender with the roster we have. The rave is fire the coach, frankly go for it. Will it change anything not it will not. It's apparent that we have a roster of emotionally scarred individuals from either current or past events. The list of players that have the linger effects decisions or events that they have yet to get past is long, the list of players that have the strength to get past it is very small.

1) Markstrom, fell in the playoffs and never recovered. Had to be a stud this year to move this team forward, folded under the pressure

2) Vldar- Had to rise to the occasion to bail the team out because MArstrom, Folded to the pressure

3) Lindholm-  Carrer year only to be slighted with the departure of JG and MT, still has never recovered or has the linemates to excel

4) Mags Big contract needed to take more responsibility with the offense, not capable to perform to the level required without backs or Coleman

5) Huberdeau- Still isn't over the trade and has not emotionally recovered, doesn't have the linemates to play to his strengths 

6) Weegar- Still has lingering effects of the trade but took a while to adjust

6) Anderson- Needs to step up, for the most part, has till near-fatal death by car, lingering effects are still present

7) Hanifin Has struggled this season which could be attributed to trying to make a difference. 

😎 Kylington is speculative at best but most likely having issues getting past his injury from last season

9) Lucic- Game has passed him by an unknown future and still wants to contribute but is more of a liability 

10) Dube Canadian Jr distracted and needed to play to a level that is above his capabilities

11) Ruzica mister inconsistent isn't a 4th line guy but is not a better option than what is further up the roster

12) Trevling has a poorly constructed roster, underperforming players, an unhappy fan base, an uncertain future, and poor handling of two stars that left. Plus the bonus that most forget of the now hated coach who extended for 3 years everyone thinks is the major root of this team's issues. 

Non Effected player

1) Tanev just stays the course and seems unfazed by it all

2) Zadorov is having a better season outside of a couple of games a bright spot

3) Kadri with everything he has had to deal with in his life, outside of the possible WTF moment of signing here p

seems fine

4) Stone just happy to be playing

5) Lewis just does his thing night in and night out

6) Ritichie same as Lewis

7) Coleman just mister night in and night out does what we pay him to do

😎 Backs is one of the bright spots this season

9) Toffoli is having a good year is what he doing what he was signed for

10) Sutter offered a new 3-year extension, left with Satoshi Nakamoto, and expected to turn it into a contender. If they are not mentally battling demons they are not capable of performing to the level required to be contenders. Yet could be the individual who takes the fall for the defects and decisions of others. Just takes it in stride. 

Pelts, and Duher Gilbert are still on the honeymoon mentality of the excitement of just being here. 

With just the slightest turn of positive energy, this season would be different. The team right now reminds me of bad luck sleprock, and the dark cloud that hangs over his head. What can go wrong will, and what can go right either misses the net, hits a post or can't be stopped. This is the 2023 season of the Flames

Sutter signed to an extension before they played a single game.

Got the credit for taking an inconsistent team that had two superstars and got them into the playoffs.

So, a line of 3 x 40 goal scorers must be the coach being brilliant, right?

That's like putting McD and Draisaitl together and calling it some kind of genius.

The change to this year is we don't have two of the superstars.

Kylington not being here hurt the skating side of the D.

Has the coaching adjusted to the change?

It appears the message is volume shooting and giving up the blueline.

No stars, so get to the gritty areas.

A team doesn't play a certain way for an entire season if it's not the design from the coaching staff.

What the team was missing in the playoffs was the getting to the gritty areas.  

The top stars failed to do that.

But we have very little speed on the rush now.

Dump and chase or get pucks deep.

Tkachuk wasn't fast.

The rushes were.