GDT Flames @ Avalanche Feb 25/23 Start time 8pm

DirtyDeeds

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Jeff Reich

@BrewFlame

·

4m

Just took a quick look at some Flames stats: This team is 3rd worst in the league in shooting %. They're 4th worst in save %. They're 2nd in the league in shots for and 2nd in fewest shots against. Where would they be with just average #'s in both % stats? #flames

I think the problem is, they're playing the averages like you're talking about. If we get such and such shots, they'll score at league average? But if the shots aren't in good spots, they're just goalie warm up. 

for me it's quality of shots, and even that is subjective. To me, we could have zero high danger chances and it will be recorded that we have about 5-10 of them. My guess is it is recorded as from where they shoot and not the actual quality of the shot or chance.

We are good at just missing the net or shooting at the logos. 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I don't get why we can't play any east west and get the other team to move around more? I watch other teams and they have us running around. Oh well.... 

Sutter has been preaching N/S all season.  Watch his actions.  They show him and he's indicating move it up.

Just now, robrob74 said:

I think the problem is, they're playing the averages like you're talking about. If we get such and such shots, they'll score at league average? But if the shots aren't in good spots, they're just goalie warm up. 

for me it's quality of shots, and even that is subjective. To me, we could have zero high danger chances and it will be recorded that we have about 5-10 of them. My guess is it is recorded as from where they shoot and not the actual quality of the shot or chance.

We are good at just missing the net or shooting at the logos. 

Volume of shots is the big thing we hear.

Funnel it to the net.

The D take shots at nothing, and we don't have the pieces in the places where that's a smart move.

We have chances in close, but can't get a stick on it, fly by's, moving out of position, shoot instead of hold it a fraction of a second.

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Sutter has been preaching N/S all season.  Watch his actions.  They show him and he's indicating move it up.

I don't mind a N/S game but want some E/W too. I want them to be able to make space for themselves and so both needed to do that.