GDT Flames @ Senators Feb 13/23 5:30pm Start

DirtyDeeds

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Timely goals and timely saves. Got the goals and once again couldn’t get the saves. 

pretty demoralizing loss. Sabres game was certainly not the launching point you were looking for,which is not shocking. This team is not giving you signs a win streak is coming. 

Ya man.  Thing is, we are 7-points out of #1 in the Division.  All it takes is a 10-2-0 run and we're right in the battle for top spot but at the same time, this team has given no indication that it has a 10-2 run in them.  No signs that all cylinders are firing together any time soon.  Time is running out.

One thing is and was apparrent at the beggining of this season was everyone knew scoring would be tough. Markstrom was a .922 save % last year is now .891 Vldar is very close to what he was last season at .902. Markstrom had 9 shutouts last season even if he had 4 this year that puts us at 69 points that in 1st in the division. Even if he made some saves that are routine we have 4 extra points which puts us in 2nd at 65. Despite the fact that this ckub Satoshi Nakamoto the bed with leaviong 8 points on the board with lesser teams. This season seems to be should have or could have moments.  

I still say that alot of the problems we see are strings being pulled from the top. Playing Lucic, insertion of Pelts and playing Markstrom. Sutter has even toned down the pressers and is saying and doing what everone wants to hear. Markstrom is the elephant in the room this year which is going to be mentally difficult for him right now. I give Hubie and Weegar some rope here new system shock of being traded ect. 

All in all the largest disappoints right now are Markstrom and Mags for what they are paid, with the largest portion of dissappointment in Markstrom. What is obvious the internal and exteranl pressures  to perform he can't handle. With Mags his only placement on the roster is with Backs and Coleman, this was a gross over payment of a contract by Tre.    

10 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Ya man.  Thing is, we are 7-points out of #1 in the Division.  All it takes is a 10-2-0 run and we're right in the battle for top spot but at the same time, this team has given no indication that it has a 10-2 run in them.  No signs that all cylinders are firing together any time soon.  Time is running out.

It's tough just keeping pace with COL and MIN.  We are 4 back of EDM and SEA, which is probably a target than the battle for the 2nd WC spot.  SEA did us a favor by sucking the last 10 games (9 points), but then again we also sucked (10 points).  The next 7 games include NYR, COL, VGK and BOS.  Oh joy.  After the month end, we play TOR, MIN (x2), and DAL.  2 of those games are WC fights with MIN.

I have a little confidence that we can do well in all of the games against playoff teams.  Whether those turn into 2 pointers or singles remains to be seen.  8 games before the TDL.  Has to be at least a .750 run.  Otherwise we are not keeping pace or even passing anyone.  So, we can only afford to lose to 2 of NY, BOS and TOR.

Going on a run.  The next 4 are winnable.  We play well against NY.  The other 3 are non-playoff teams.  I know Treliving is desperate to make a change to this team, but he needs to see 4 games in a row.  

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Markstrom had 9 shutouts last season even if he had 4 this year that puts us at 69 points that in 1st in the division. Even if he made some saves that are routine we have 4 extra points which puts us in 2nd at 65.

I don't know, Man... there's some cherry picking there. He has 14 wins this season, which isn't good enough, I agree. But what if he got shutouts in the games that the Flames won? That isn't a stat that would help us at all. What if he made routine saves in games where they lost by more than two goals? They still lose.

The goaltending this year hasn't been nearly good enough, and we can agree on that.

When Jacob Markstrom is on, he has the potential to be one of the best goalies in the league. That's a fact. But he's not always on, and that's always been the case. Let me remind anyone that has forgotten - he's lost his starting job to his backup before.

Love.

2 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

Let me remind anyone that has forgotten - he's lost his starting job to his backup before.

Not likely to happen here regardless of the stats, he will get 50 games easy this year.

He's at 38 already and basically 500.  Well not even that.  We have 35 points in his 36 starts.

Vladar has 4 losses in the 18 games he started.  Took another loss against Buffalo after replacing JM.

And added a OTL against CHI.

It's a team game.  We kept OTT to nothing other than the last 3 minutes of 6-5 and 3-3 in OT.

Somehow we collapsed on 3 shots at 6-5 and 2 shots at 3-3.

Anyway, I will get off the goalie talk.  I'm sure the team is fed up with losing.

No captain isn't helping.

Oh right, forgot about all the cup rings.

14 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I don't know, Man... there's some cherry picking there. He has 14 wins this season, which isn't good enough, I agree. But what if he got shutouts in the games that the Flames won? That isn't a stat that would help us at all. What if he made routine saves in games where they lost by more than two goals? They still lose.

The goaltending this year hasn't been nearly good enough, and we can agree on that.

When Jacob Markstrom is on, he has the potential to be one of the best goalies in the league. That's a fact. But he's not always on, and that's always been the case. Let me remind anyone that has forgotten - he's lost his starting job to his backup before.

Love.

He didn't really lose the starting job in Vancouver, he got hurt in the playoffs and hit UFA right after but Vancouver wouldn't give him a NMC because they didn't want to expose Demko in the expansion draft, without the expansion its possible he stays in Vancouver.

• DirtyDeeds changed the title to GDT Flames @ Senators Feb 13/23 5:30pm Start