GDT Flames @ Senators Feb 13/23 5:30pm Start

DirtyDeeds

8 minutes ago, rickross said:

I can’t even blame Sutter for completely missing a net on a OT breakaway…Hanifin choked so hard there. We had this game but we still are learning how to close out games with time running out in the season. 

The Sutter 3's are questionable at best.

I thought it interesting that Hubey was out with Weegar and Pelts on the GWG.

It wasn't a bad move, just didn't end well.

Weegar had most of Stutzle on the play, but JM was weak on the strong side coverage.

Is it strong side?

Reminded me too much of Draisaitl or Hyman last playoffs.

Good showing by JM or not, 1-3-2 in the last 6 starts.... 

I am sorry but Markstrom has been nothing but a pile of garbage this season.  The soft goals he allows is just god awful. I can't be the only one that holds my breath when a shot goes towards the net. How many times has he been beat from well out, which costs us the game or points. If they miss the playoffs this season is 100% on poor goal tending. 

Timely goals and timely saves. Got the goals and once again couldn’t get the saves. 

pretty demoralizing loss. Sabres game was certainly not the launching point you were looking for,which is not shocking. This team is not giving you signs a win streak is coming. 

5 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

I am sorry but Markstrom has been nothing but a pile of garbage this season.  The soft goals he allows is just god awful. I can't be the only one that holds my breath when a shot goes towards the net. How many times has he been beat from well out, which costs us the game or points. If they miss the playoffs this season is 100% on poor goal tending. 

Hot Taek of the night.

6 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

With the goalie pulled, the SENS take 3 shot on net, 2 of which are goals.

In OT, the SENS take 2 shots, one was the GWG.

It doesn't matter if you make 19 saves on 20 shots with 2 minutes left.

The next 5 shots had 3 goals in it.

What's killing us is Markstrom hasn't won 2 in a row since December 23rd.

It's halfway through February!

Anyway, it's a team game.

Sutter suggested we dominated for 55 minutes and ran out of gas.

Yet, he's the guy that put out the same line on both goals in the 3rd.

Maybe use a timeout if your players are gassed.

Or use Backlund?

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

With the goalie pulled, the SENS take 3 shot on net, 2 of which are goals.

In OT, the SENS take 2 shots, one was the GWG.

It doesn't matter if you make 19 saves on 20 shots with 2 minutes left.

The next 5 shots had 3 goals in it.

What's killing us is Markstrom hasn't won 2 in a row since December 23rd.

It's halfway through February!

Anyway, it's a team game.

Sutter suggested we dominated for 55 minutes and ran out of gas.

Yet, he's the guy that put out the same line on both goals in the 3rd.

Maybe use a timeout if your players are gassed.

Or use Backlund?

If Markstrom is this mentaly fracture because of the playoffs series last year, than he needs to find a different profession. Sutter isn't wrong they dominated the game I thought it was in the bag. Not sure why everyone dumps this on Sutter, what I see is strings being pulled by mgmt on this roster. Pelts being on the roster, Lucic, Markstrom playing ect. So once again we have a poor roster built by the GM and the coach that was put in place to correct the culture and system, signed to a new 3 year contract, but nope get him out here becasue the team is dog Satoshi Nakamoto. 

So just for Satoshi Nakamotos and giggles who the hell are you bringing in as a coach? This Fing morons have yet to get these systems in place yet impliment a new system and everyone thinks its going to a miracle turn around.