GDT Flames @ Sharks Dec 18/22 8pm Start

DirtyDeeds

I really liked most of their game until they got the lead, didn't like how they played once it was 2-1 and then missed the 3rd. 

But he first 3 mins of the 3rd is exactly why I think the team frustrates you. It's getting easy to say well were 30 games in this team is what it is, but then they flash things like that. Creating chances/goals with speed, threading passes through the box, slot shots etc. I know it's San Jose but they did they against the Wild too. 

They keep teasing flashes of high end play. 

3 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I hate to beat the dead horse, but this was the perfect game to play Matthew Phillips. When they were up by three goals, I'd be double-shifting him. An exaggeration, perhaps, but I'm feeling no love for our coach.

Love.

I was really wondering how the hell you justify playing 7 D instead of playing Phillips. Especially when 2 of those D are mackey and Gilbert…

Since returning from injury Stone hasn't been very good. In response Sutter has really had to lean on his top 4. In addition he's still trying to figure out the forward lines so I thought the 7 dmen made sense personally. 

I want to see Phillips play too but I liked the decision by Sutter last night. Try and take some pressure off your d core and also allow yourself to cycle players up and down different lines. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Since returning from injury Stone hasn't been very good. In response Sutter has really had to lean on his top 4. In addition he's still trying to figure out the forward lines so I thought the 7 dmen made sense personally. 

I want to see Phillips play too but I liked the decision by Sutter last night. Try and take some pressure off your d core and also allow yourself to cycle players up and down different lines. 

That would be fine, but other than 3 minutes to Gilbert, they played the top 4 almost as many minutes as usual.  The plan may have been different, but we ended up down another D by the end of the game.  Mostly due to a firedrill backchecking after a soft entry.  

55 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

That would be fine, but other than 3 minutes to Gilbert, they played the top 4 almost as many minutes as usual.  The plan may have been different, but we ended up down another D by the end of the game.  Mostly due to a firedrill backchecking after a soft entry.  

Can't fault Sutter for not being able to see the future. 

Up 5-2 I bet Gilbert would have played a lot if he could have. 

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Can't fault Sutter for not being able to see the future. 

Up 5-2 I bet Gilbert would have played a lot if he could have. 

We struggle to score, so rather than have 12F and be able to shorten the bench, we had to use Lucic with multiple lines because he's a scoring threat on any line he plays.