GDT Flames @ Canadiens Dec 12/22 NOTE 5pm Start time

travel_dude

This is really not fair on Marky, the guy played on his head and all they give him is 1 goal!!!!   Let me guess what the players will say post game "we need to capitalize on our chances".  No $hit!  2-0 and you don't score?  WTF is that?  This team has sunken to the low of the lows....they just suck, plain and simple. I just feel bad for Markstrom.

Well, Markstrom was awesome!  The rest of the team, not so much.  I will say though, even will the loss of Tanev and Kadri for a bit, they didn’t quit!  Phillips is tenacious, which I like!!  He has the Dube problem though, he needs to stay away from the boards.  I would like him to shoot on the power play.  He does have a good shot!  Zahorna was not as visible tonight, and he needs to be!

Not sure what the issues are with this club this year. I get you lose two guys but they couldn't ahve taken all this clubs hockey sense with them. Once again they find ways to lose, never play to win. This club is like watching tidbits hockey, always puck watching never sustained pressure hell can even convert on a 2-0 not even a shot....pathetic. At lease Markstrom palyed well. The sad fact is we have lost 3 games against bottom dwellers, that just can't happen. 

Mackey is not a NHLer Stone the more he plays the worse he looks. Phillips is not as exciting as one thinks, small or not he really hasn't put much juice into the line up. Zoh was invinsible Rozie was Meh. This club is in huge trouble this year, the more they play the worse they look actually. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Crowd was chanting Hoooob

Montreal loves Huberdeau.  Huberdeau loves Montreal.  Honestly, the only place the Flames can trade Huberdeau to and all parties go away happily ever after is Montreal.  This way we can avoid the whole, "nobody will ever sign with us ever again" kind of bad optics.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Montreal loves Huberdeau.  Huberdeau loves Montreal.  Honestly, the only place the Flames can trade Huberdeau to and all parties go away happily ever after is Montreal.  This way we can avoid the whole, "nobody will ever sign with us ever again" kind of bad optics.

I was being funny.  They booed him in the shootout until he scored.

They didn't like anyone in red last night.

We killed Caufield.

What are we, the plague team.

We come and play, you lose a player?

Almost every game we play, someone from another team is injured.

15 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Maybe its just me but am I the only one that finds it strange, Tanev has blocked shots for year yet Suzki unintentionally, intentionally slaps one into his head, lays a cheap shot to the head of Kadri.......nobody else find this ironically strange. 

Smaller players take cheap shots because of their size.

I don't know that the hit on Kadri was intentional or not, more like a combo of hits.

Bounces off one check into Suzuki.

Same thing happened to Tkachuk against Dallas couple years back.

The slapper?

Don't know if he targeting his head.  Think he was aiming at the net.

17 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Maybe its just me but am I the only one that finds it strange, Tanev has blocked shots for year yet Suzki unintentionally, intentionally slaps one into his head, lays a cheap shot to the head of Kadri.......nobody else find this ironically strange. 

You mean like, no Lucic so other teams take liberties? 

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

You mean like, no Lucic so other teams take liberties? 

Milan Lucic is on the ice at the same time as Nick Suzuki.  Who is most afraid?

a) Nick Suzuki

b) Habs fans for Suzuki's wellbeing

c) Habs management for Suzuki's wellbeing

d) Flames fans because they do not want Lucic on the ice when against a skilled player like Suzuki because he can beat the team where it matters.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sak22 said:

Milan Lucic is on the ice at the same time as Nick Suzuki.  Who is most afraid?

a) Nick Suzuki

b) Habs fans for Suzuki's wellbeing

c) Habs management for Suzuki's wellbeing

d) Flames fans because they do not want Lucic on the ice when against a skilled player like Suzuki because he can beat the team where it matters.

There are some players that can give a cheap shot and get away with it, because:

a) nobody is allowed to fight McDavid

b) neither McD nor Draisaitl will drop the gloves to answer for a cheap shot

c) another player will jump in to prevent player from fighting, if it got more than a slap fest

d) Suzuki falls into that type of player

I have no problem with a skilled player not fighting.

But if you cross the line, you may need to answer for it.

Simple solution, don't be a Richard.

On 12/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, The_People1 said:

Sooooo…what not trade Huby to Mlt…I mean why not probably get a kings ransom for him if they love him so much…maybe Anderson, and another solid player and. 1st for hubby….id pull pin