Flames - Season Predictions 22/23

rocketdoctor

7 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Sadly, I think the Flames will be getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs. Probably in 5, but it won't be an Gentleman's Sweep. Not sure who's going to do it just yet, though.

The worst part is the Oilers just might win the cup.

Love.

I think we make the playoffs and actually win a round.  No point making a prediction like Oiler homers thinking they win the cup.  They are still bad at hockey and we are not as bad as we looked last year.  The seeding for round 2 will be interesting, especially if the Oils get bounced or fail to make the dance.

I think the Flames make the playoffs.

Seattle is going to regress and LA is betting their season on Talbot/Copley/Rittich. 

The bigger question is does Conroy lose Hanifin and Lindholm for nothing? He talked a big game in his into presser, but he’s on the same path BT walked in 21/22. A good season guarantees nothing in regards to those players staying. They had one of the best seasons in team history two years ago and they couldn’t keep their guys.

I too think the flames make the playoffs. I think this team is going to be fun to watch and score some goals. I think they wind up in the top 10 in goals for. They need to figure out some chemistry but this is the deepest and most balanced forward crop the Flames have had in a very, very long time. 

how are they going is going to depend on how they can execute defensively and what type of goaltending they get. If they can be good in that area I can make a case they should be a 100 pt team.

but brewcrew is right does any of this matter if you have an asset in Lindholm that may be prepared to walk for nothing? Do you alter your course? I think I know the answer but will hold out some hope. 

15 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Dooood, the glass is always half full!!

Perhaps but I don't see Marky being any better this yr unless Wolf or Vlad becoming a super hero we will be hurting this yr we are missing 4 top producers. What we got in return is just sad of course IMO which here of course isn't worth squat and I don't blame this forum but I do how ever have an opinion and in my little mind it tells me were hooped this yr and perhaps for the next 7 yrs specially as the new Flames get much older. But time will tell and I truly hope I'm wrong and I guess my attitude stems from the lose of 3 of my favorite players in JH/Mony/MrT the back bone of this tea All this happened because BT screwed them in there last RFA they were pissed and JH showed when he dist use.

10 minutes ago, zima said:

Perhaps but I don't see Marky being any better this yr unless Wolf or Vlad becoming a super hero we will be hurting this yr we are missing 4 top producers. What we got in return is just sad of course IMO which here of course isn't worth squat and I don't blame this forum but I do how ever have an opinion and in my little mind it tells me were hooped this yr and perhaps for the next 7 yrs specially as the new Flames get much older. But time will tell and I truly hope I'm wrong and I guess my attitude stems from the lose of 3 of my favorite players in JH/Mony/MrT the back bone of this tea All this happened because BT screwed them in there last RFA they were pissed and JH showed when he dist use.

See, there's the problem right there. Tkachuk's an Hash Rate. You're cheering for an Hash Rate. A chip off of the ol' block of his arrogant Hash Rate dad. Hash Rate. Don't do that, and the hockey god's will be rewarding in the end:)

And don't use Mr. in front of their names. It's like saying Mr. Trump.

32 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I predict the Flames are going to be 7/8/9/10 again.  Somewhere in there.  Borderline playoff team.  Might squeeze in or might get squeezed out. 

It's taken on a turn from the constant, "weak division" handle. It's a tough one now with near every team looking pretty competitive. No more Seattle and Van expected to be hot garbage. Vegas, Edmonton, LA...it's pretty balanced with good or rising teams. 3rd place will be a dogfight. Even 1 through 6 might be.

This season is parity in a nutshell.  There is probably less than a handful of teams that I feel comfortable completely ruling out of the playoffs San Jose, Philadelphia, Anaheim and Chicago are probably it.  I would also probably only consider a few teams 100% locks to make it: Carolina, Colorado, Vegas and maybe Toronto.  Everyone else who missed last year I can see possibly making it, and everyone else who made it last year I can see how they could possibly miss.  I hope I'm right and its a very competitive season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

It's taken on a turn from the constant, "weak division" handle. It's a tough one now with near every team looking pretty competitive. No more Seattle and Van expected to be hot garbage. Vegas, Edmonton, LA...it's pretty balanced with good or rising teams. 3rd place will be a dogfight. Even 1 through 6 might be.

Ya I think VKG, EDM, and LAK are top 3 in the division.  After that, the Flames are the best, arguably.  SEA and VAN will have something to say about that.  And that's where we stand.  In that 7 to 10 spot in the Conference.

32 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Ya I think VKG, EDM, and LAK are top 3 in the division.  After that, the Flames are the best, arguably.  SEA and VAN will have something to say about that.  And that's where we stand.  In that 7 to 10 spot in the Conference.

Needs lots to go right, but I think most teams need lots to go right. Hopefully we can surprise.

I'm confused on what we're supposed to put here this year lol.  I guess question 1.

I'm torn because there was a lot to like in that first game.  On the other hand first games are often misleading, so I will stick to my  doom and gloom.

I think it will be a rough year for the Flames and that they will miss the playoffs, although it might be closer than I expect.    I think they will have a strong start, and not just because of the first game.   I posted this in one of the other prediction threads too.   

Historically, teams usually have a bit of a run after a Sutter exit.    They are highly motivated to show what they could have done without him stifling them.     The run is usually over by springtime, and the following year is usually dreadful.

Ultimately, you need goaltending and D to win.  We are relying on some players who are quite long in the tooth, and the key to proving me wrong will be them remaining healthy and productive.

We will see.

As  half full type of guy I am hoping nato is Rookie of the yr the only bright spot on the team Unless they bring up Wolfy then they will be neck and neck for top rookie player. But saying that I guess to be rookie of the yr it's all about points But I think if a goalie gets us to the finals he will be MVP. Again just my opinion. Also I said Nato will get 30 goals this yr I take it back he will get 50 some goals for his rookie yr I know I'm pushing it but why not that is my glass full prediction. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zima said:

As  half full type of guy I am hoping nato is Rookie of the yr the only bright spot on the team Unless they bring up Wolfy then they will be neck and neck for top rookie player. But saying that I guess to be rookie of the yr it's all about points But I think if a goalie gets us to the finals he will be MVP. Again just my opinion. Also I said Nato will get 30 goals this yr I take it back he will get 50 some goals for his rookie yr I know I'm pushing it but why not that is my glass full prediction. :) 

there have been goalie MVP's. Theodore in Montreal beat out Iginla that one year when Iggy should have won it. Mason was the last to win Rookie of the Year in the 08-09 season. Before that, Raycroft, Nabokov, Brodeur, Balfour and Barrasso and further back, Dryden... it's done, but I think a goalie needs to catapult a team into the playoffs, play like a Carey Price right off the bat once in NHL.

Yes that's why I said Wolfy will be MVP if he gets us into the finals but I guess he will have to win cup to get MVP usually but like every thing else there's alway a chance to get MVP if you have super human play getting to the finals who knows but I could see Wolf doing that given the chance. But I truly believe Nato can get 50 seems like the coach is going to give him every opportunity to succeed.