Flames - Season Predictions 22/23

rocketdoctor

1 - Will the Flames make the Playoffs?    Yes 

2 - What will the Pacific Division standings be at the END of the season?

1 - Flames

2 - Oilers

3 - Canucks

4 - Vegas

5 - Kings

6 - Kraken

7 - Ducks

8 - Sharks

3 - Name from 1st to 3rd the top 3 GOAL scorers at the END of the season.

Lindholm

Huberdeau

Kadri

4 - Name from 1st to 3rd the top 3 players with the most ASSISTs  at the END of the season

Huberdeau

Kadri

Lindholm

Thanks for doing this Rocket!!

1.  Playoffs    YES 

2.  Pacific Division

1 -Calgary

2 -Edmonton

3 -Las Vegas

4 - Vancouver

5 -Las Angeles

6 -Anaheim

7 -San Jose

8 -Seattle

3 - GOALS

1 -Lindholm

2 -Mangiapane

3 -Kadri

4 - ASSISTS

1 -Huberdeau

2 -Lindholm

3 -Kadri

27 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

For those still thinking of doing this you get tonights games and Fridays.

I will be doing the spreadsheet Saturday morning so cut off time is 2am 15/10/2022 for those on Alberta time.

You rock Doc! Thanks for the effort pal its greatly appreciated, Cheers

9 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

The whole lot of you may as well give up now, Weegs will be the difference maker.

Lol. You want my championship? Weegar will be a huge difference to D, Kadri for O.

I almost went Dube for 3rd in goals. Kinda wanted him 1RW, but that 2nd line will be fantastic. He’s due for a breakout, he’s worked his butt off. I love watching his confidence grow. Almost had a few vs the AVS.

Thanks for setting this up RocDoc, regardless of the outcome should be a fun and great year for the new Flames. 

Dube will be better this year, hoping Toffili picks it up a notch, and looking forward to watching Kadri this year.

Getting Huberdeau going with some chemistry on this team will make this team and should be a top contender in the entire league.

I really like Weegar against the Avs with the rush, just have to avoid getting caught but like his energy to get in there.

GFG!

34 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

The whole lot of you may as well give up now, Weegs will be the difference maker.

I had Weegs in for assists at first but switched him out for Kadri. Weegs is definitely a candidate there I think as well! 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:37 AM, medatswhoP said:

Thanks for setting this up RocDoc, regardless of the outcome should be a fun and great year for the new Flames. 

Dube will be better this year, hoping Toffili picks it up a notch, and looking forward to watching Kadri this year.

Getting Huberdeau going with some chemistry on this team will make this team and should be a top contender in the entire league.

I really like Weegar against the Avs with the rush, just have to avoid getting caught but like his energy to get in there.

GFG!

i don't mind D to join the rush, what I don't get is how NHL forwards or players are not aware enough to notice and cover for them when they do. 

in beer league I know exactly where everyone is on the ice and know the D is most important to cover if they pinch. Safety first. Cover that D!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. It’s early, but my written list for bottom 3 was SEA, Van, SJ. Then last minute no love for Seattle.

I’m surprised some ranked Van to be solid. The roster doesn’t suggest it, especially on D. At least imho. The worst rosters for me are clearly Van and SJ. Their bottom 6 and bottom D are cesspools of mediocrity. Not to mention G. Demko’s good, but he’s not that good.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Damn. It’s early, but my written list for bottom 3 was SEA, Van, SJ. Then last minute no love for Seattle.

I’m surprised some ranked Van to be solid. The roster doesn’t suggest it, especially on D. At least imho. The worst rosters for me are clearly Van and SJ. Their bottom 6 and bottom D are cesspools of mediocrity. Not to mention G. Demko’s good, but he’s not that good.

Yeah I definitely take back my Vancouver ranking, it was more of basing it on how they finished with Boudreau and how Pettersson got his game back on track the last half.  More or less I underrated Vegas due to the goaltending situation.  Still way too early.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I tend to think VAN is going through some internal issues.  Seem like they think they know better than the coach.  Really poor efforts to finish games.  Gave up a pair in a game they had a chance tow win.  They might need to trade a player to get past the issues.  It's either Miller or Boesser or Horvat IMHO.

There are definitely messages there to both sides of the equation, "all in" and "tear it down".

SJ was so close, so long, couldn't admit a rebuild's needed. 

I expect ANA to be half way good by midseason.

My point being, be thankful for what we have.

Being a Wings fan it took a lot of fortitude. When Stevie announced he's leaving.TBay we wanted the GM Holland shoulda stepped aside for. Then he ran away to Edmonton while we hardcore sucked.Thanks Holland.

Be careful of what you wish for.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:24 PM, travel_dude said:

I tend to think VAN is going through some internal issues.  Seem like they think they know better than the coach.  Really poor efforts to finish games.  Gave up a pair in a game they had a chance tow win.  They might need to trade a player to get past the issues.  It's either Miller or Boesser or Horvat IMHO.

They shoulda hired Torts again, honestly. He's one of the best at giving no quarter to any player. Sure he wears out his welcome, but not before being an earthquake with zero players being put on pedestals. The current Van team needs that. And he won't chase Sutter down the hall without getting tossed like a bail of hay.lol

I'm not sure the Canucks have a coaching issue myself, I think they have a talent/chemistry issue. 

I do think they are going to play better than this but that's about as bad a D core as your going to find in the NHL. It's not a huge surprise they can't hold leads.