2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

3 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I just saw that! Chuck Fletcher says he’s done. Well, your move Johnny. 

its fun to think hypothetically that if we swing a deal with NJ for Chucky, it may push Johnny to NYI lol

Word I heard was NJ was at 10.2 ..  but at least he'd be close to home 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Boy, Flyers fans trying Chuck Fletcher for war crimes on Twitter right now.

Not gonna happen..but man how much wouid you want to watch that press conference if he circles back and signs with Calgary.. for less than he turned down obviously 

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Not gonna happen..but man how much wouid you want to watch that press conference if he circles back and signs with Calgary.. for less than he turned down obviously 

Hahaha!

that would be epic! 

but I get the feeling BT is not gonna entertain that..

27 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Word I heard was NJ was at 10.2 ..  but at least he'd be close to home 

With the money Cgy was reported offering…and 8 years at that he could have  afforded 2 homes for him and all his family in both Areas

13 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Lets face it, with no COVID travel embargos, Johnny would not have been so concerned with family.  The media is ramping up the talk of mandates and lockdowns, so he would be stuck in Canada again then.  I don't think he cares as long as it's in the USA.  East is better for him, but Canada was out.

If that wasn't the case, he would have just said he is going to FA, not say he is signing to a mystery deal in US.  

28 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

BT shouldn't close the door on Gaudreau if Gaudreau comes crawling back for less money than the 8-years that was offered.  If we only have to beat $10.2 x 7-years, we should welcome Gaudreau back at $10.5 x 7 years.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

BT shouldn't close the door on Gaudreau if Gaudreau comes crawling back for less money than the 8-years that was offered.  If we only have to beat $10.2 x 7-years, we should welcome Gaudreau back at $10.5 x 7 years.

100%  I'm happy hes not waiting for it but if he circles back in time he'd have to listen .. same AAV just x 7 

6 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

100%  I'm happy hes not waiting for it but if he circles back in time he'd have to listen .. same AAV just x 7 

I don't understand why PHI didn't clear cap though.  The best UFA on the market has chosen them and they made no effort to make it happen.  Free asset and decided to pass.  They even overpaid for Hayes to help land Gaudreau.  I'm guessing $9.5-mil would have been good enough because Johnny's heart had already decided to go there.

If Gaudreau would come back to the Flames at $10.5-mil x 7, then all is forgiven.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Some media dude (Greg Burke) I have never heard of has said:

1) Isles signing JH to 11.5 x 7M

2) CGY finalizing Kadri at 6x8.5M

So many fake tweets these days.  Nobody else is mentioning this, so I tend to think he's blowing smoke.  

We absolutely have to sign Kadri if we want to have a chance to win the Cup.  No one else in UFA moves the needle.

But $8.5-mil.  ouch.  Hope it's only 4-years.  Kadri is already 31-years-old.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

I don't understand why PHI didn't clear cap though.  The best UFA on the market has chosen them and they made no effort to make it happen.  Free asset and decided to pass.  They even overpaid for Hayes to help land Gaudreau.  I'm guessing $9.5-mil would have been good enough because Johnny's heart had already decided to go there.

If Gaudreau would come back to the Flames at $10.5-mil x 7, then all is forgiven.

Cliffy boobed up.  He will be on a rail ridden out of town.

6 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

We absolutely have to sign Kadri if we want to have a chance to win the Cup.  No one else in UFA moves the needle.

But $8.5-mil.  ouch.  Hope it's only 4-years.  Kadri is already 31-years-old.

Technically he will be 32 this season.  Yikes.

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

He left for family reasons we were told, not money. HIs agent and Tre said it wasn't about the money. In all reality he will leave 9-10 million on the table with his decision. So let him play where ever he likes out East, CLB, CHI, NJ, Buff, BOS, PHI whats it matter. He isn't coming back and frankly with the way he left nor should he be extended that privilage to. 

Little bit surprised that Johnny hasn't signed today.

It sounded like the Flames (thought) they were close to the deal last night, then it fell through. I would have thought that meant Johnny had a deal in hand.

I think what's happening is NYI and NJ are trying to use geography to lower Johnny's price. 

Saw the CBJ offer, that's a crazy offer.

6 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Little bit surprised that Johnny hasn't signed today.

It sounded like the Flames (thought) they were close to the deal last night, then it fell through. I would have thought that meant Johnny had a deal in hand.

I think what's happening is NYI and NJ are trying to use geography to lower Johnny's price. 

Saw the CBJ offer, that's a crazy offer.

it sounds like it was Philly for him.. and now that is falling thru .. 

1 hour ago, phoenix66 said:

You're flipping out cuz we've only signed a couple of depth players .. the names were waiting for are likely talking to multiple teams ..so the fact we havent seen a spalsh while those names are still out there tells me that's where he's likely spending some time ..

I would have liked a quicker answer from Johnny but I accept the argument you keep pushing until you can't push anymore .. the return on his rights would have been low.. his return last offseason would be low as well after his brutal season.. and you can't trade him at the deadline when you're first in the conference ..  it happens...were not the first we won't be the last 

Nearly every team with the room wanted Neal..who knew he was about to fall off a cliff for the first time in his career?

We outbid 10 other teams for Brouwer ..same thing 

Every gm has moves he wants back ..but the fact we have top level players at every position and not one over $10m says a lot that most teams can't 

Not flipping out, lol. If your taking that way its way off course. JG leaving doesn't bother me its the insufficent methods that it happened and more than once. Teams have policies ie practice times, curfews before games, its a mandated thing with clubs. So why can't the organization have the same for contract decisions, cause it might piss the players off?  How is it that multiple other orgainzations players advise them well before hand, hey just FYI testing FA....IE Dubois in WPG, thats a classy move IMHO. Our current situation is nothing new with this club, players are allowed to much time and when the decsion does come,  it has a tumble down effect not in just one area but multiple. You could never convince me he couldn't have made the same decision 4 weeks or even 6 weeks ago. The result of the decision is rough for everyone, for me its the timing that could have been improved on by Tre making a policy within the organization IMHO is not a bad thing. Respect deserves respect that neve seems to happen with him, he gives but never gaisn any back. Once shame on you, twice shame on me third time find a new job lol. Just my input any way