2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Maybe off topic, but Tkachuk sure trash talked TBay.

I'm not going to miss that. Save it for the ice.TBay and Vas don't need motivational boosts.

His line, "the other team in Florida has had a lot of success, I'm here to change that".

Oh boy. I think his mouth's making promises that his talent level can't keep.

Once he's finished dancing Kucherov/Stamkos/Point, I'm sure he'll dance Hedman/Sergachev/Cernak and then Vasilevsky.

I'm not going to miss the arrogance. Jack the home fans up. Then don't deliver.

Hope he can turn Bennett from a 10 goal scorer to a 28 goal scorer like that other guy did.

Ya, I watched and heard his press conference. He’s definitely biting off more than he can chew. I’d be weary of Maroon if I were him. He’s not Kassian. He’ll quickly shove that “swagger that he brings” down his throat 😂

20 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Ya, I watched and heard his press conference. He’s definitely biting off more than he can chew. I’d be weary of Maroon if I were him. He’s not Kassian. He’ll quickly shove that “swagger that he brings” down his throat 😂

Ya hes got some big boys to get to know out there ...Wilson .maroon.. Reeves .. i wish him well but he's in the deep end now lol

49 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm not going to miss that. Save it for the ice.TBay and Vas don't need motivational boosts.

His line, "the other team in Florida has had a lot of success, I'm here to change that".

Once he's finished dancing Kucherov/Stamkos/Point, I'm sure he'll dance Hedman/Sergachev/Cernak and then Vasilevsky.

Hope he can turn Bennett from a 10 goal scorer to a 28 goal scorer like that other guy did.

Didn't he play a fair bit with Bennett here ? Can't recall but I think they both were linemates a good chunk of time 

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Crazy trade....

Nolan Patrick + Nick Roy for Valiamki + Duehr

They lose one healthy forward, but gain a guy that can go through waivers.

And they get a 7th D-man.

Allows them to manage the cap a bit getting rid of a possible $3M for Roy.

Nolan doesn't fit since they got Eichel and was injured.

Not a bad idea/move 

The question has to be asked .  Is Jake Virtanen somebody you'd take a look at?

He was found not guilty.. but the stigma is likely still there ..

But he's a talented kid.. wouid likely fit well into a Sutter system.. and you'd probabaly get him even on a PTO 

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

You notice he is only saing this now.  This is for the fans and trying to win over the ones not as excited about the team.  Trash your enemy.  Whip up the fans.  He will shut up and play once the season starts.  He will be respectful then at any pressers.  

Unfortunately, I think the fans are in for a bit of a letdown.  They may enjoy the occasional between the legs goal, but they will tire of the antics that produce nothing.  Gudas will now have to be his body guard.  Or maybe Bennett has to back him up.  Gonna be a long season for those guys.

6 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

What I have read elsewhere reminds me of a Zary type.  Nothing wrong with that.  He's also excited to come here.  And he won't have to live in the armpit of California and need to flash the right gang signs.

5 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Possibly…or his asking price is just way too high? 

I cant' say it isn't but if it is he has a terrible agent. Waiting weeks past FA and waiting for teams to spend money and make moves isn't a good strategy if you are waiting for them to come up to your price. 

I don't doubt he didn't get the offers he was looking for but I think that's made him want to go back to Colorado more. 

3 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

The question has to be asked .  Is Jake Virtanen somebody you'd take a look at?

He was found not guilty.. but the stigma is likely still there ..

But he's a talented kid.. wouid likely fit well into a Sutter system.. and you'd probabaly get him even on a PTO 

Absolutely not. Should not even be discussed by the organization IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, cross16 said:

I cant' say it isn't but if it is he has a terrible agent. Waiting weeks past FA and waiting for teams to spend money and make moves isn't a good strategy if you are waiting for them to come up to your price. 

I don't doubt he didn't get the offers he was looking for but I think that's made him want to go back to Colorado more. 

I agree…it’s 99% sure that he’s waiting on Col 

2 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Why? Stigma?  

Lot's of criminals are found not guilty.

The disturbing thing is there was enough grounds to charge him.

Innocent and not guilty don't mean the same thing.

Anyway, beyond the obvious, he isn't exactly a player that showed he was a awesome player.

6 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Why? Stigma?  

Even if we put the legal thing aside for a second, he isn't a good hockey player. 

But there is also no "stigma". Just because he was found not guilty doesn't mean he did nothing wrong and a player in this position I don't want playing for my organization. 

Just thought I would float this one.

Klingberg not signed right now.

He's not really a need right now, but would he replace Hanifin?

So the idea is sign Klingberg to multi year deal at around $5.5M.

Trade Hanifin for a C.

The age is different, but the experience level in the NHL almost the same.

Don't know if that's a step forward, but maximizing an asset and signing a UFA makes some sense.

Only 2 years remaining of Hanifin at this cost.

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Trade Hanifin for a C.

Don't know if that's a step forward, but maximizing an asset and signing a UFA makes some sense.

I would forget Klingberg, and still trade Hanifin for a C.  Hanifin is very well the odd man out.  Remembering we have 10(ish) D to sort out allows us some flexibility to get that number 2C; Dvorak, please.  

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Trade Hanifin for a C.

Why not just keep Hanifin? He's much better defensively and matched Klingberg's output last year.

Just now, flames for life said:

I would forget Klingberg, and still trade Hanifin for a C.  Hanifin is very well the odd man out.  Remembering we have 10(ish) D to sort out allows us some flexibility to get that number 2C; Dvorak, please.  

I guess I was looking at the idea of a free asset coming in and a trade asset going out.

Hanifin without PP time.  Does he score as much as Kylington without PP time?

Is Kylington worth his weight in gold from his breakout season?

I don't think it's ever cut and dried.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Why not just keep Hanifin? He's much better defensively and matched Klingberg's output last year.

Just an idea.  Don't know if it makes us any better, just makes a signed player an asset in trade.

To be clear, we re trading somebody.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Just an idea.  Don't know if it makes us any better, just makes a signed player an asset in trade.

If you clearly believe the bottom guys won't clear waivers. I'm not sold on that concept.

That's a tough time of year for any manager to go cherry-picking other team's prospects. In-season I understand can be a risk, but you can do that via trade then, too.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

If you clearly believe the bottom guys won't clear waivers. I'm not sold on that concept.

That's a tough time of year for any manager to go cherry-picking other team's prospects. In-season I understand can be a risk, but you can do that via trade then, too.

The issue is that there is always an injury in camps and pre-season.

Many, many guys pass through, but I would say they are mostly low value or high dollar ones.

I would say that few trades happen the day before the season starts.

Anyway, this wasn't necessarily a good strategy, just asking for opinion.

There are probably stats that show Klingberg to be more of a liability.

Or ones that show he benefitted from a strong partner.

Dallas seems to be holding off for a reason.

26 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

And I think it's funny he just fired his agent and hired Tkachuk's 

And agree ..somebody is moving , but it virtually guarantee its not for more D