Playoffs GDT Stars @ Flames - Game 1 - Tuesday 3 May 2022

rocketdoctor

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

You can''t draw up a 1-0 game any better than that.

16 shots against and one square on the post.

The refs dialed it up to prevent a NAS style game.

It wasn't an overly nasty game, just a lot of clean hits.

One or two over the edge.

Highlight package was a lot of hits and some nice saves by the Otter.

Dancing Otter GIF — The Daily Otter

In my culture, a supernatural being can transform into anything, and for one spirit, it is an otter. And the otter, if acknowledged, can take your soul… it’s called a naxnox spirit, and if you’re able to fight it off you gain its supernatural powers… Tsimshian…

The Flames outshout and outplayed the Stars, but it  was still a hard fought win...   Just the way it should be to dip a toe in the playoff pool...

Now they have a taste of what it is going to take to make a run...   and I have faith that they are going to do just that...

GO FLAMES!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

In my culture, a supernatural being can transform into anything, and for one spirit, it is an otter. And the otter, if acknowledged, can take your soul… it’s called a naxnox spirit, and if you’re able to fight it off you gain its supernatural powers… Tsimshian…

I think we may have gained it's powers.

Gaudreau seemed a man possessed.

Pretty much what I expected from this series. These will games will be won by 1-2 goal leads its looking like. Credit to Dallas goalie..the kid played very well. Think the Flames have the pulse of the Stars now, their good but nothing scary 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

No offense meant...   But Andersson is a honey badger...   and that honey badger is a gonna kick that otters azz...   🙂

• Like 1

Just now, rickross said:

Pretty much what I expected from this series. These will games will be won by 1-2 goal leads its looking like. Credit to Dallas goalie..the kid played very well. Think the Flames have the pulse of the Stars now, their good but nothing scary 

It's about what I expected Dallas to bring.

Flames are just getting rolling.

If they had gotten a 2nd goal it would have been a different game.

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

they match up man for man. Keep doing this and it will be good!

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

notice how he took  the body behind the net? 

Johnny shaved, not completely.

He plays bigger when his Dad is watching.

They didn't show him, but he was there.

Huy was wandering around talking to fans before the game.

7 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Pin this to the Flames bulletin board for some more motivaton.

Klingberg talking out of his Hash Rate.

what will Andersson say to that? Better go back to the gym? Something about a boom? 

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

what will Andersson say to that? Better go back to the gym? Something about a boom? 

Pretty stupid thing for a guy to say that picked a fight and then lost...   Oh well, maybe he will get smarter in a year or two when he gets into high school...   Klingon is not a very good scrapper, he's more of a crapper...

31 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Fun night, dome was rocking to start, I would say better than the last few playoffs, can't wait for Thursday as we really need to get this game 2 monkey off our back.

There are no monkeys. This is a really good team. I can't stress that enough. Your 1st vs our 4th line? Sure, let's practice.

Great start, I couldn't be happier. That was a fun practice.

2 hours ago, The_Snowbear said:

Rick bowness says flames thought they were gonna run stars outta the rink

Lol he's just a coach trying to salvage moral victories where he can.  He should be worried that his low scoring team scored zero goals in game 1.  Where is he going to find offense where he couldn't find it all season?